main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All That You Cannot Leave Behind (AU, Anakin, Ben, Tahiri?, Post NJO) Updated 11*01*05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Moff_D, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks ;)

I'm getting near the end of my thesis work so hopefully the story won't be delayed much longer. :D

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Nice story, but why is it that I always pick the stories that have long periods of no posts? Heh. Can't wait for more. :)

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Moffy's in the midst of his graduate work. But I'm sure he'll be back. ;)

4. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    Great fic thus far - I love the way you have a few different things tieing in with the plo; it makes it to where we (the readers) can get more enjoyment out of the situations in the fic. Anakin and his slight 'hermit' thing, not seeing many of his family for so long, everything. The interaction between Riina and Tahiri is very well written, as well; and that's a hard thing to do.

You are a very good writter, and I know I'll be reading this as you get the time to add to it, as well as any other works you have... or will have. :) Great job!

5. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks Lethar :D
    Always nice to see new readers.

How about another post then? ;)

Tran Koth quickly deduced what their foe had in mind. ?They must not reach that ring.? The comment was matter-of-fact and betrayed little if any excitement.
    ?Agreed,? nodded Tran?s brother Syn. He diverted shield energy to the main drive, increasing the speed of the Painless.
    Tran watched the Solo ship grow bigger in his display. Smiling, he let loose with another volley of laser fire. His smile faded as the target corkscrewed around the bolts, not one shot scoring a hit. ?Frelling Solos,? he muttered. The Zabrak bounty hunter quickly squeezed off another quick round and paused before firing again. As anticipated, the Solo ship corkscrewed with the first shots but had stopped the maneuver with the pause, allowing several shots from the second volley to find their target. ?Not so clever now,? Tran said.
    ?Good shooting,? commented Syn as he checked his readings, ?their velocity has slowed but not enough to prevent them from reaching the wreckage.?
    Tran?s lips curled back in a sneer. ?So be it,? he returned, more than a hint of anger in his voice.

?Good one Ben.?
    The sarcasm in Jacen Solo?s voice was evident as he brushed the sparks from the panel that had just shorted out off of himself. ?Have you learned anything??
    ?How about not doing the same outstanding move two times in a row?? came Ben?s reply. The boy?s confidence had got the better of him the second time. He knew better than to do the same thing twice with skilled foes but he had done it anyway. He found himself wishing Jacen would save his rebukes for later.
    ?So ends the lesson,? Jacen responded dryly.
    As if reading Ben?s thoughts, Anakin jumped into the conversation. ?I think we have more pressing concerns at the moment. The last hit damaged our engines. Its nothing too serious but it is slowing us down some. We?ll make the wreckage ahead of the Koths, but we have no hope of outrunning them now.?
    Jacen snorted, ?To be fair, we never did.?
    ?True,? nodded Anakin.
    ?Time for us to use some guile and a little Solo luck.? Jacen sounded like he was looking forward to the prospect.
    ?It always seems to help Dad,? said Anakin.
    ?Does that apply to Skywalkers?? asked Ben.
    ?Sure,? answered Jacen, ?look how many times our dad had to save yours.?
    Ben cocked his head for a brief moment, considering Jacen?s words. ?I guess so,? he concluded.
    The flare of a near miss drew Ben?s attention back to piloting the ship. He drove the vessel straight into the wreckage, diving and weaving, banking around the battle-scarred chunks of durasteel and yorik coral. The Painless was still with them, valiantly attempting to keep up with Ben?s flying. The boy was a picture of concentration, trusting in his abilities and the guidance of the Force, his moves in anticipation rather than reaction.
    Anakin watched his student. He was pleased at Ben?s trust in the Force, pleased that Ben was actually using some of the things he had been taught in their short time together. There was one thing Anakin was feeling more and more sure about?the kid could fly.
    ?Be ready to fire,? Ben commanded calmly.
    ?Who?? asked Jacen.
    ?Both of you,? said Ben.
    Ben suddenly pulled the ship upwards, tightly circumventing a massive remnant of Star Destroyer. The Painless tried to follow but to no avail, the loop made by Ben was to well executed to be copied in close pursuit. The Koth ship baled out of the attempt, flew straight out and started a long turn back towards the chunk of Star Destroyer. That gave Ben the time he needed to quickly complete the loop around the wreckage and emerge from where he had started, only now he was flying straight at the Painless. The Koths were blind to his approach as they were still in the long turn back.
    ?Now Jacen!? Ben blurted excitedly.
    Jacen let loose with all the ship had, scoring multiple laser hits on the Painless. Anakin waited until his sensors showed the shields of the enem

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Jacen's a tool.

Not really in reference to your story...just in general. :p

I liked the post, Moffy. :D
    Good action. :)
    So...Anakin can sense Tahiri's presence... [face_mischief]

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    alright! they finally shook those annoying Koth twins and Anakin is guiding them towards Tahiri :D You've got Jacen's "wit" down and It was fun seeing Ben piloting through that mess. Great stuff, Moff; look forward to more :)

8. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Ben still has to work on knowing what to do and then doing it.

Jacen isn't a tool. He isn't being used by someone else.

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Of course Ben can fly. He's a Skywalker.

10. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I find myself liking Ben more & more! How can he not be a great flier with his heritage? Is Anakin sensing Tahiri or Salvalax? I prefer Tahiri, but I'm trying not to let my feelings lead me astray. ;) The banter between all three was great and really displayed all their personalities.

11. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks for the comments. The next post shouldn't take nearly as long. ;)

12. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Anakin senses Tahiri! He he he! :D

But yes, it could easily be Savalax...

13. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Still working on the MA :rolleyes:
    It needs some more work, like this story. ;)

14. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wonderful post! :) Glad to see that this great story is still getting updates! :)

15. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    As I always say, it WILL be finished. The MA is just taking longer than I was expecting.

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    My the time flies :rolleyes:

Anyway, here is another post:

Finally I can rid myself of these Force-saken beings.
    Baatjes Savalax turned to look at the surroundings of Coruscant one last time. The Yuuzhan Vong vegetation did not seem natural. It was neither a Yuuzhan Vong planet nor a planet natural to the galaxy it once was the heart of.
    ?An abomination,? muttered Savalax as he returned to his ship. ?Nevis!? he barked to his aid, ?get us off this world before Kunra brings his rabble up here after us.?
    ?Of course,? bowed Nevis. He signaled waved the human Filch and the Gotal Vegref to the cockpit of the ship.
    ?Our cargo is safely secured?? asked Savalax.
    Nevis nodded. ?Resting comfortably. Do you expect those Vong dregs to come after us??
    ?Most certainly,? snorted Savalax, ?but by the time they figure out what happened and organize themselves we will be far away from here.? Savalax laughed softly, a sinister, gloating chuckle. ?Vong fools, worshipping a comatose Jedi. If they only knew who they had.?
    ?By your account it would seem this Kunra knew she was of some import.?
    ?True, Nevis, but his little game was of to no avail.? Savalax sat heavily into a chair. ?Although I must admit it took more out of me than I thought it would?always keeping tuned for warnings and threats. More than once I thought Kunra was about to attack me. I still can?t figure out what his game was.? Savalax became pensive. ?He?s more clever than he let on.?
    Nevis shrugged. ?It is of no matter my lord. We won?t cross his path again.?
    ?To be sure,? agreed Savalax, ?although I had no fear of him. I am Jedi after all. Now that I have this most valuble of Yuuzhan Vong artifacts I should?? the words suddenly caught in Savalax?s throat as his eyes grew large.
    ?My lord?? queried Nevis, suddenly alarmed.
    Savalax tried to speak but no words came out.
    ?My lord?? asked Nevis again. ?What is it??
    ?No!? gasped Savalax. ?No! No! No! It can?t be!? He bolted up from his seat, grabbing Nevis by the collar with both hands. ?Not yet!? he cried, ?He?s here! He?s coming! Those Koth vermin failed! We have to lift off!?
    Nevis was dumbfounded.
    ?Now, you fool!? screamed Savalax as he threw Nevis aside and sprinted for the cockpit.

Ben Skywalker accelerated the vessel he was piloting through Coruscant?s atmosphere. He sensed that something momentous was going to happen in the Force and he had to get the ship to the spot Anakin had indicated.
    ?I sense fear,? Jacen spoke up from behind Ben.
    ?I sense it too,? agreed Anakin. ?But I can?t tell from who.?
    Ben could not feel the fear his two cousins felt. His ability was focused on piloting the ship.
    ?It?s centred on where we have to go,? observed Jacen.
    Anakin merely nodded. He had not mentioned that he was sure he could sense Tahiri. At least he thought he could. He was not entirely sure. Sometimes he could feel her so clearly and other times it felt like she was lost, like she was being subdued somehow. All Anakin was certain of was that he would find his answer at the spot the Force was guiding him, and at the moment the most overpowering feeling he was getting from that location was fear.
    ?Strange,? said Jacen. He cocked his head, as if listening to the Force. ?It feels like the fear is centred on us. Who would know we were coming??
    ?The Koths?? Ben offered.
    ?Unlikely,? responded Jacen. ?They have too much to worry about at the moment, and there is no way they could have made it to Coruscant?s surface.?
    Anakin kept his gaze on the surface of the planet below. ?Whoever it is, they don?t want us here.?
    Ben took the ship swiftly through the artificially created canyons of long deserted buildings; the buildings themselves now home to vegetation that was not natural. The browns and greens and yellows of the vegetation swirled into a flowing kaleidoscope of colour as Ben banked and weaved through the eerie terrain. The ship rose over a crest that opened onto a flat expanse.
    Jacen squinted. ?Isn?t this where the

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice to see another post. The chase begins. Should be fun. :)

18. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    [Taun we]After all this time, we were beginning to think you weren't coming... :p

Great post, Moff. Hopefully they'll actually intercept the ship and save Tahiri, and not make some stupid mistake and up where they began.

19. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?No!? gasped Savalax. ?No! No! No! It can?t be!? He bolted up from his seat, grabbing Nevis by the collar with both hands. ?Not yet!? he cried, ?He?s here! He?s coming! Those Koth vermin failed! We have to lift off!?

That's right, Punk! Anakin Solo's coming to get you! :cool:

Great post, Moff :) loved the descriptions of Coruscant. Can't wait for Anakin to catch up with Savalax [face_devil]

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    WooHoo! Anakin to the rescue!!! :D [face_love] Run like the little rat you are, Salvalax! :mad: He'll still catch you! :cool:

Great post! Action and tension leaves you wanting more. ;) Hint, hint, hint!

21. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Why thanks folks :)

22. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Gah! How did I miss two updates? Oh that's right - DRL and computer failure. :)

Ooh! Things are hotting up. I enjoyed the dialogue between Ben and Jacen, and Anakin of course. Great to see Ben living up to his heritage. I'm really enjoying the way you write him. :)

Ha! So the Koths are feeling a bit frazzled. Good one. :)

Great additions, Moff.

Have you submitted your MA yet?

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Finally I can rid myself of these Force-saken beings.
    [face_laugh]

Very good, Moffy. You had me leaning forward wanting to read faster! :D

I can't wait to read the next part.

BTW--sorry about the late reply. [face_blush]

24. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Yay! It is Tahiri. Go get her Anakin Solo!

Ok so I'm really happy to see Ankin because I just finished UF. Anakin! Anakin!

I'm glad for the update and sorry for being late.

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    [face_blush]
    Hehehe. Okay, I've been on vacation the last two weeks. And I'm still not done with the thesis--but that is more my advisor's fault!
    [Lando]Its not my fault![/Lando]

Soon my friends ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.