Beyond All That You Cannot Leave Behind (AU, Anakin, Ben, Tahiri?, Post NJO) Updated 11*01*05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Moff_D, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Vorquellyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Your definition of soon might be a little different from mine.
  2. Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Thyrsan4Blood Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Yeah, whatever happened to Moff_D :(
  5. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
    is this fic alive???? need more!!! plz i need more!!!!!!

its a greate fic i like the whole makin anakin ben's master... anakin in the earlyer parts of this story reminds me of Qui Gon Jinn from the JA books

keep up the good wokr Moff...the slilent one shall be watching your fic with great interest....
  6. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uhh...howdy folks :D

So, yeah, I'm finished with the school and all and I, uh, forgot about this for a bit [face_blush]

But I am planning to work on it again. For the moment I just have to find the back up file on one of my disks because for some reason the file on my computer has me thesis in it. I'd like to know how that one happened :confused:

Anyway, the next post should be up much sooner than the last time I said soon. Thanks for hanging in there ;)
  7. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yikes!

Was the last story post really in June? I didn't think it was that long ago :eek:

I better get crackin'!!

And the file is all recovered so I just have to reimmerse myself in the mood of my work.
  8. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Still workin', trying to figure out how I want this to go.
  9. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Have Anakin kill Jacen :p that's what I'd do!
  10. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Its coming, its coming...I tend to get distracted you know :p
  12. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    And why would that be? [face_mischief]

I'm looking forward to more of this story, too, Moffy. :)

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
  13. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, a little something to set up and hopefully wet the appetite for the climax (if people are still reading...)

Savalax burst into the cockpit, settling heavily into the pilot?s chair. His hands flew over the controls as the vessel began to power up.
    ?C?mon!? he hissed, trying to will the ship into the air. Each second stretched for an eternity as sweat beaded his brow. He could sense the growing presence of the Skywalkers. They were close. Very close.
    Savalax briefly considered a scan to determine the distance of any approaching craft. He reached over to activate his viewscreen before stopping the action. He smiled grimly as the Force told him all he needed to know.
    It was too late.

?There!? blurted Jacen as he pointed to a clearing.
    A ship was nestled into the tight space and it appeared to be powering up.
    ?I don?t think they?re happy to see us,? Ben commented.
    Anakin was lost in the moment. He was focused solely on her. After all this time, thinking she had been lost and now?
    Can she really be alive? he wondered. The hope was too much to bear but he had to know, whatever the answer may be.
    Ben buzzed the clearing, giving those in the ship something to think about while he brought his ship around.
    ?Anakin?? Ben questioned. The vacant response turned Ben?s attention to Jacen. ?Jacen, if you would??
    Sensing Ben?s intent, Jacen took control of the weapons and targeted their quarry?s engines. Several precise shots later and the ship on the ground was not going anywhere.
    Ben raised his eyebrows. ?Nice shooting cousin.?
    Jacen acknowledged the compliment with a nod.
    ?Starting our landing,? Ben said.
    Anakin rose out of his seat and headed out of the cockpit, his demeanor calm but determined.
    Jacen could sense the emotion in his brother through the Force. Any remotely Force-sensitive being would have at that point. It was like a sun burning fiercely, ready to explode.
    Jacen started after his brother. ?I better go with him. Don?t take long after landing Ben, we may need you.?
    ?Right,? Ben nodded, excitement and nervousness welling up in him.
  14. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nice to see a post here finally. :)
  15. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! A postie! :D
    I liked the part about Anakin's emotions being like a sun. :D [face_love]
  16. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Sensing Ben?s intent, Jacen took control of the weapons and targeted their quarry?s engines. Several precise shots later and the ship on the ground was not going anywhere.

:eek: way to go, Jacen!

Jacen could sense the emotion in his brother through the Force. Any remotely Force-sensitive being would have at that point. It was like a sun burning fiercely, ready to explode.

:cool:

That was great, Moff, albeit brief :p I'm really looking forward to an Anakin/Savalax confrontation :D
  17. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, not all posts can be mega long like yours, YodaKenobi. :p
  18. Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, a post! :p

Good work, Moff. Of course, I can't wait to find out what Anakin's going to do next. I have the feeling that Savalax is going to be in some trouble if he tries to get in Anakin's way.

Looking forward to more!
  19. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks all :D

And yes, the post was brief but it was basically to set up the next post which will be longer and won't take 5 months :p
  20. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, this story's back from the grave. :p

Good, but short. I'll be waiting for the next, and hopefully not for too long. ;)
  21. KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master

star 4
    very good story moff keep it up =)
  22. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
    Nice Nice. once more one of my fav fan fic authors has produced a good post... and here i was about to delete the bookmark i had to this story. Hope to see cool reunion between Tahiri and Ani!!!
  23. Vorquellyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    So close, so close. And yet still so far from their goal. Waiting for more.
  24. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
  25. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Howdy y'all.

How about some more story? :D

Savalax smiled, his lips tightly pressed in a wan expression of melancholy. His mind raged.
    It cannot have ended like this! All of my plans...all of this time!
    Anger and hate engulfed him. He wanted to use that emotion to lash out and strike down those that would foil his plans; to use the Force like the Sith masters of days long past. The truth was that Baatjes Savalax was no master of the Force. He had started Jedi training and did possess some ability with the Force, but he had left the teachings of Luke Skywalker and the other Jedi to pursue his own interests. He had dabbled in the Dark side, had practiced certain Jedi powers, but he knew he could not match a Jedi of the caliber of Anakin Solo. Few could.
    Savalax snorted. I was so sure my plans would succeed I never foresaw this outcome. Too clever for my own good I am. He shook his head, resigned to defeat. I should have trained longer. I should have become a true Jedi before embarking on my own plans. Maybe I should have hired a Jedi. Savalax chuckled at the notion. ?Jedi for hire. There?s a scheme that might have worked better...? he said aloud to nobody, his laughter growing at the thought.
    He suddenly sat straight up. Jedi for hire? He stood, moving towards the hold of his vessel. Not for hire, but perhaps the next best thing. Perhaps even better. He smiled once again, this time a smile of malice and cunning. You haven?t won yet, Anakin Solo. By the Force, I?ll see you earn your victory.
    Savalax entered the hold and saw her sitting calmly in one of the crew seats. Tahiri, Riina Kwaad, whoever she thought she was, it did not matter. What mattered was whom Savalax made the woman think she was.
    ?Riina Kwaad!? Savalax said sharply in a commanding tone.
    She snapped her head around, eyes coldly on her addresser.
    ?There are Jedi here. They have come to kill you, like they killed all of your people...?

Anakin stepped cautiously down the ramp of the ship, his brother Jacen a step behind him. Both of them had their lightsabers ignited and held in a defensive posture.
    ?Careful, brother,? Jacen murmured. He did not think Anakin was in a correct frame of mind for this kind of action.
    ?Playing the protector again, Jacen?? Anakin turned his head slightly, briefly casting a glance at his older brother. ?Have you forgotten how our sparring used to go??
    Jacen smirked. ?I think it is you who has forgotten. As I-?
    ?Careful!? Anakin blurted as he ducked down. Rapid movement off to their left had caught his attention.
    Jacen automatically crouched, presenting less of a target to any potential attacker. He quickly turned to look at the threat Anakin had detected. It appeared to be a panic stricken human and a frightened Gotal running away from Anakin and Jacen as fast as possible.
    ?Perhaps this won?t be as dangerous as it appeared,? Jacen commented.
    Anakin arched an eyebrow. ?Perhaps not,? he said, rising out of his crouch. His continuation of that though went unvoiced, but I doubt it.
    Anakin?s sense of Tahiri was not as strong now. The feeling seemed to be fading, giving rise to a growing concern in Anakin. Suddenly, all sense of Tahiri disappeared. A new feeling had replaced it, a sense of burning hatred.
    ?Do you sense that?? asked Jacen.
    Anakin nodded in response. The two brothers moved off the ramp, wary of the new feeling.
    Ben came rusing down the ramp, igniting his lightsaber as he reached. ?The Koths-? he started. Whatever he was going to say was cut off by the explosion that blew the three of them in different directions.
    In a tree across the clearing, Syn Koth turned and smiled at his brother Tran. They both jumped down to the ground, Tran dropping the A280 Blaster rifle he had just used. He had purposely fired between the three, as killing their prey from a distance was not the hounourable way to finish a hunt.
    ?Now we kill them,? Syn said simply.
    Anakin had sensed the shot too late. The concentra
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.