Beyond All That You Cannot Leave Behind (AU, Anakin, Ben, Tahiri?, Post NJO) Updated 11*01*05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Moff_D, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    You haven?t won yet, Anakin Skywalker. By the Force, I?ll see you earn your victory.

Don't you mean "Solo"?

She snapped her head around, eyes coldly on her addresser.
    ?There are Jedi here. They have come to kill you, like they killed all of your people...?

Clever [face_thinking]

In a tree across the clearing, Syn Koth turned and smiled at his brother Tran.

Those two just can't take a hint, can they? :p

No recognition was in her eyes. Anakin?s smile faded as the snap-hiss of a lightsaber broke the silence.
    Riina Kwaad looked down at Anakin lying at the bottom of the ramp. ?Anakin Skywalker,? she hissed coldly, ?prepare to die.?

[face_worried] This does not look good. Anakin vs. Tahiri in a lightsaber duel [face_mischief] I'll be looking forward to this. JDH3 is doing something similar in his fic at the moment, though in that case it's Anakin who's gone to the dark side. Great post, Moff :) I can't wait to see what happens next.
  2. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Don't you mean "Solo"?

Uhh...just seeing if you were paying attention :p

And thanks :D
  3. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
    A post!! Cool. A vs T not good... not good at all. Dont leave us in suspense for too long plz.
  4. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Does anybody want to see any character in particular die? [face_mischief]

*waits for the multiple Jacen votes* :p
  5. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Riina Kwaad!? Savalax said sharply in a commanding tone.
    She snapped her head around, eyes coldly on her addresser.
    ?There are Jedi here. They have come to kill you, like they killed all of your people...?

You know, that is just wicked! [face_devil]

I don't like to see A & T fight. :(

I'm so glad to see that you're back to posting again Moff !

6. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Does anybody want to see any character in particular die?
    *waits for the multiple Jacen votes*

[face_laugh] That would be nice. Or you could all the sudden have Jag enter the fic and fly into an asteroid [face_thinking] [face_mischief]
  7. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
    Better yet have both Jag & Jacen fly into an ateroid. (Although personly i dont have anything against Jag but if you are going to kill of anoying characters u might as well do it in style :p )
  8. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I do have some story I could post but I think I'll wait and go for one bigger post. I've left my readers hanging on plenty of times so I think I will be more charitable with the next post ;)
  9. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, without further adieu, here we go:

All was black, and the silence was ominous.
    What was I doing? Ben Skywalker wondered.
    Get up.
    The warning was clear. Ben tried to make his body work but it would not respond.
    Ben was curious about the warning and where it had come from.Was that the Force?
    Get up, Ben!
    There it was again. Ben was aware of feeling flowing back into his prone form. There were some definite aches, likely some deep bruises, but nothing overly serious. If he could just have a few more moments to regain his senses?
    A hand grabbed his shoulder sharply. ?Ben, get up!?
    Ben?s eyes flew open. He was looking at the concerned face of his cousin Jacen Solo. ?What?s the problem?? asked Ben, irritated at the interruption.
    ?That is,? Jacen answered, jerking a thumb towards the approaching the Zabrak twins. Two heavily armed Zabrak twins.
    ?Ah,? was Ben?s understated response. His recovery time accelerated quickly as he scrambled to his feet. He wobbled noticeably and grabbed onto Jacen to maintain balance.
    Jacen steadied the lad. ?Are you okay??
    Ben nodded. ?Yeah, I just stood up too quickly?all the blood rushing to my head.? He took a deep, claming breath. ?I?ll be fine. I just need a moment here.?
    ?I don?t know if we have a moment,? warned Jacen, igniting his lightsaber as Syn and Tran Koth came closer.
    ?Right.? Ben reached for his lightsaber only to discover it was not on his belt. Panic surged through him. ?I?ve lost my saber!?
    ?Improvise,? instructed Jacen.
    ?But, but?? stammered Ben.
    ?Calm yourself Ben,? soothed Jacen. ?You?re a Skywalker. Trust your abilities.?
    Ben closed his eyes, letting the Force flow through him. He felt his fear and trepidation drain away. He opened his eyes again. ?Trust my abilities. Gotcha.?
    Despite the gravity of their situation, Jacen chuckled and smiled at his young cousin. Yup, you certainly are part of this family, thought Jacen. He let the moment of levity slip away. ?I think it best if we split up and take them one on one. You take the one with one arm.? Jacen ran a few steps and somersaulted away from Ben, landing halfway across the clearing. As designed, Tran Koth turned to face Jacen while Syn continued his move towards Ben.
    Ben took a deep breath, bouncing lightly on his feet. He flicked his fingers in nervous anticipation, not having the familiar and comforting heft of a lightsaber hilt in his hands. He eyed Syn Koth. ?Improvise,? he whispered to himself.

Anakin could not decide what was more shocking?seeing Tahiri after so many years or the fact that at this precise moment she wanted to kill him. The debate quickly subsided as the women ignited a lightsaber and leapt towards Anakin from the ramp of Savalax?s ship. The Jedi rolled sideways as Tahiri landed, the energy blade searing into the ground precisely where Anakin?s heart would have been had he not moved. He scrambled to his feet, igniting his own weapon while assuming a defensive position.
    ?Tahiri, don?t you recognize me?? He had to reason with her somehow, make her realize who she was.
    ?Yes. You are a Jedi who must die!? The last word was punctuated with a lunge towards Anakin?s neck.
    Anakin deflected the attempted decapitation. He had to the fight the natural reaction to strike back after the parry. This was Tahiri. He could not fight her as he would fight another enemy. Defense was his only option. Winning this duel would render all of his effort useless, and he would not lose her again. Anakin would find another way to win this fight.
    ?No,? he answered, jumping back from Tahiri. ?I?m Anakin, Anakin Solo. We?ve been friends since childhood. We studied together at the Jedi Academy.?
    ?I am Riina Kwaad,? Tahiri shot back, ?you destroyed my people.? She came at him again, raising her lightsaber and bringing it down hard, seeking to split her opponent in two.
    Anakin ducked slightly while raising his blade over his head. The blades sparked and crackled as they met.
    ?You are not Yuuzhan Vong,
  10. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Despite the gravity of their situation, Jacen chuckled and smiled at his young cousin. Yup, you certainly are part of this family, thought Jacen. He let the moment of levity slip away. ?I think it best if we split up and take them one on one. You take the one with one arm.?

[face_laugh] I think Ben's certainly overcome any fear he might have had of the "odds."

[face_dancing] Tahiri's back! [face_dancing] They're together again! [face_love]
  11. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Another Skywalker has lost his lightsaber? [face_laugh] Loved how Luke heard Ben's call and encouraged him. A parent's work is never done.

And Han Solo to the rescue. :)
  12. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Alright, monster post! :D [face_dancing]

Ben?s eyes flew open. He was looking at the concerned face of his cousin Jacen Solo.

ewww, what a horrid way to wake up!

He eyed Syn Koth. ?Improvise,? he whispered to himself.

o_O I've got a bad feeling about this.

?Yes. You are a Jedi who must die!? The last word was punctuated with a lunge towards Anakin?s neck.

Well, it's sort of similar to her reaction when he forgot her birthday :p maybe she does recognize him!

Tran suddenly changed his aim and fired at the ground in front of Jacen. Dirt and dust kicked up and scattered, obscuring the vision of the Jedi. The bounty hunter quickly reached into pouch on his belt and pulled out a thermal detonator. He thumbed the activation switch as he threw the explosive.

Man, these guys don't mess around :eek:

Looks like both Jacen and Ben escaped some close calls :D

Where he would have simply plunged his blade into the unguarded side of a different opponent, he instead dropped his own weapon and seized Tahiri in a hug

Anakin! This is no time for that sort of thing!

The Anakin and Tahiri scene was awesome. Very powerful :) I'm so glad Tahiri finally recognizes him :) :_|

Han Solo grinned rakishly and waved at Savalax.

:D

Great post, Moff! That might be my favorite yet :)
  13. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
    Tahiri's back! Woohoo!!!! And is Han Solo and his trusty ship to the rescue!

**Sets up camp near the fic and waits for another post**
  14. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uhhh, you do realize this one is almost done, right? ;)
  15. Not_Moff_D Jedi Padawan

16. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
    this one is almost done

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Was that a Luke "Nooooooooooo"? :p
  18. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
    Not quite but close...a luke 'no' would be: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo...Thats impossible!!!
  19. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Tahiri's back! :_| So beautiful... *sniff* :p

Han = [face_laugh] :cool:

And I'm going to do an Obi-Wan "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

*clears throat* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This fic finally got back into gear and it's almost done! You may have just pulled a Ceewulf. :p
  20. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    You may have just pulled a Ceewulf.

[face_laugh]

Will there be a sequel? :D
  21. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ceewulf? Did he ever finish that story? [face_thinking]
    Kind of like Jade :p
    Scratch that, she's giving me a dirty look. [face_mischief]

Sequel? Its doubtful. I'm kind of sick of Anakin and Tahiri for now. Perhaps something new though, or I might start up another multi-author thing like the Disco Lounge :D
  22. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Ceewulf? Did he ever finish that story?

Yeah, but I don't particularily remember it. :p

Kind of like Jade
    Scratch that, she's giving me a dirty look.

I've noticed that a lot of posters I know have fics that are, er, "on hold." ;)

Sequel? Its doubtful. I'm kind of sick of Anakin and Tahiri for now. Perhaps something new though, or I might start up another multi-author thing like the Disco Lounge

Well, you could just restart the Lounge with a new story so we won't have to figure out where we left off. If the original people are still interested (or even alive [face_thinking]).

*sigh* Good times...
  23. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I did check on the Lounge thread not too long ago if people were still interested. There wasn't much response...
  24. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
  25. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oops!
    You know, I should really finish this story... :p
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.