main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All That You Cannot Leave Behind (AU, Anakin, Ben, Tahiri?, Post NJO) Updated 11*01*05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Moff_D, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Great ending - always good to end on a cliffie if you can. Blame Dickens - but it sure works ;)
    I like how you've focused on Anakin's sarcastic humor. The EU writers seemed to have abandoned that after Conquest. Pity too, it made his character so much cooler. I agree with Lonewolf. Keyes got that Han-humour side of Anakin so well, and it did get lost. Tyers got it too to an extent. That's one of the things I really like a lot about Anakin - his sardonic streak.

I like the way you showed Mara's maternal side coming through. The sense of shared family history is good too. I'm glad you're continuing the ideas a lot of us have often discussed about Anakin's parents being a little too often in absentia. I've always felt this is a key point. Good work.

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Sorry I'm so late, Moffy! [face_blush]

Baatjes Savalax
    [face_shocked] Yikes! That is quite a name!

?You?re not going to add ?from a certain point of view,? are you??
    [face_laugh]

Once again, Ben failed to see the humour in the comment.
    8-}

And you leave us hanging once again! :mad: 8-}
    What's happened to Tahiri? :_|

You've continued the character interactions quite well. You seem to have a knack for that. ;)

I like how you have Luke picking up and continuing Mara's thought at the beginning--showing their closeness through years of marriage and their Force bond. :)

You write Luke well. I can just hear him saying "Well, no..." in response to the "from a certain point of view" comment.

I also like your continued demonstration of the close relationship that exists between Anakin and Mara in the scene.

Once again, Moffy, great post :D
    (uh oh am i starting to sound like forceaddict with that? 8-})

3. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    I haven't got round to setting up a link for Manticoran honor in my sig yet, but I'm about to.

4. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great work moff

that was wrong to leave us with a cliffie like that, keep up the great work though

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks all, you make it easy to continue. :D

That sly sense of humour has always been a part of SW, hasn't it? I'm trying to keep it in there. ;)

Some people here really like Mara as a character, so I better do a half-decent job with her. [raises eyebrow in Jade's direction] I'm not sure how much we'll see of her later on. ;)

Guess I better go take a look then, eh Star-Lead? ;)

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    so I better do a half-decent job with her.
    I think you do a nice job with her, Moffy :)

I'm not sure how much we'll see of her later on.
    :( I didn't figure she was a main character, especially now that she and Luke have departed. ;)

7. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Next post should be up this evening, all being well. ;)

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    As promised...a little short but moving along ;)

-----------------------------

Ben Skywalker was not sure what had woke him first: Anakin?s scream or the wave of turmoil that had ripped through the Force. Whatever the case, Ben was up and sprinting to Anakin?s room. He caught his foot on?something, he couldn?t tell in the dark, but it caused him to tumble over in the darkness, a momentary pain shooting through his toes. A quick check indicated nothing was broken; he stumbled to his feet and lurched into Anakin?s room, groping with his hands until he managed to get a light on.
    Anakin was sitting up, gasping and soaked, his hair matted with sweat. Ben could feel his cousin?s whirling thoughts, the emotion, the panic, and the fear. It was a powerful presence and Ben did not know what to do.
    Ben Skywalker was scared.
    What do I do? he thought. He stood indecisive, arms at his side, while he frantically tried to think of anything that would help. He cautiously approached Anakin, reaching out to place his hand on a bare shoulder, shaking gently. ?Master?? he asked quietly. No response. He shook harder, his voice repeating a little louder, ?Anakin??
    Anakin suddenly snapped to, recoiling from the boy?s touch and scrambling away before he began to regain his senses.
    ?B-Ben?? he asked through gulping breaths, staring at his cousin as if he were miles away. ?Oh?right.? He closed his eyes, tapping into the Force to calm himself. When he reopened his eyes the wild look was gone, he had regained control of himself. He focused his attention on Ben. The look of fear and confusion, and concern, on the lad?s face was so reminiscent of Jacen that Anakin almost smiled.
    ?It?s ok, Ben,? Anakin reassured, ?I?m ok now.?
    Ben?s gray eyes remained rather large. ?What, what happened?? he asked.
    ?I-? Anakin stopped. What did just happen? he wondered. He remained silent, trying to make sense of what he had seen. Finally, Anakin began again, ?I had a dream?maybe even a vision.?
    ?Of what,? Ben questioned, taking a seat at the end of Anakin?s bed. Ben had a good idea what the answer would be.
    ?Tahiri, obviously,? Anakin answered. ?She?was in pain. She needed my help, but?? Anakin trailed off.
    Ben was puzzled. ?I don?t understand. Why would you have a vision of her??
    Anakin glanced at the younger Jedi. ?We were close?but that was years ago,? Anakin became distant, as if seeing something far away, ?she?s been gone for so long.?
    Ben sat quietly, pondering what might be behind Anakin?s dream. It was a useless effort. He had no idea; Anakin was talking about people and events that had occurred when he was barely out of diapers. He drew his lip back in a bewildered expression. ?Well, do you have any reasons for this??
    Anakin took a deep breath before glancing at Ben. He seemed to be debating whether to share his thoughts with his young cousin. Why not? I have to trust him sooner or later? Anakin finally nodded, turning his eyes down to his hands. ?Yes?she spoke to me.?
    ?What did she say?? asked Ben.
    Anakin looked up again. ?Find me.?

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    AHHHH! And we're left hanging again!
    Just when we think we're getting to learn something about Tahiri, we never do. Great job, Moffy! ;)

At least it sounds like Tahiri might still be alive. But why aren't they still together?

And she spoke to Anakin. In a dream? In "reality"? I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

I like Anakin's reaction to Ben initially. Disoriented. That happens with post traumatic stress disorder, especially with prisoners of war and such. Great characterization. :D

The look of fear and confusion, and concern, on the lad?s face was so reminiscent of Jacen
    [face_laugh] Yeah. Not something I'd brag about if I were Ben! 8-}

10. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

11. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    So Tahiri = MIA?

This most certainly doesn't sound good.

12. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
  13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Ooops! You beat me to it, Moffy. Nevermind then. 8-}

14. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    UP! Errrrr.......I wanna know wat happens to Tahiri. Good work. You know how to keep a reader on the edge of her seat. :)

15. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Tahiri's missing?!!! :(

Good way to keep us hanging, Moff.

Oh, and sorry for replying so late. I couldn't login for a while. Somethin' to do with cookies (whatever the hell they are).

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Great post Moff. My heart really goes out to Anakin. He's obviously had to deal with a lot of pain, and yet he still has those lovely sardonic self analytical aspects of character.

You wrote Ben's awkward desire to help very well. I think these two are going to forge a great bond.
    ?I had a dream?maybe even a vision.? Good line that. Even the Jedi have trouble interpreting what they see and feel.

17. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I guessing this means a trip huh?

Excellent post Moff_D, i want to know what that "comprimising" situation that Ben got into.LOL.

nina

18. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    How about another post? ;)

------------------------

Although the rest of the night was uneventful, both Anakin and Ben had a hard time getting anymore sleep. Fits and starts mainly, and both of them were groggy once the morning arrived. Breakfast was quiet, the silence almost deafening. Ben waited for Anakin to say something about the previous night, but more explanation was not offered. The young Jedi?s thoughts began to turn to what he should be doing at the moment. He was here to learn after all.
    Finally, Anakin said simply ?Time for meditation.?
    ?Meditation?? Ben responded.
    ?Yes. I personally find it beneficial to begin the day by immersing myself in the Force?just to feel it?? he eyed his cousin, ?see what it has to tell me.?
    Ben shrugged. ?Ok.? It was not what the lad was used to but his mother had said he needed a different approach. He was not one to dwell on the more mystical aspects of the Force?that was too much like his father. It was not a case of not respecting his father?s ways but when it came right down to it Ben always preferred his mother?s direct approach. It might even have surprised the young Jedi to learn his new master was once of the same mind.
    They made their way outside where Anakin began to remove his robe. He noticed a look of concern on Ben?s face and chuckled slightly. ?Don?t worry, that?s as far as I go.?
    Ben visibly relaxed.
    Anakin continued, ?Even though it?s dawn and the suns are just beginning to rise, wearing the robe can make things quite warm.?
    Ben knitted his brows in confusion. ?But why wear the robe when out in the direct sunlight then??
    Anakin smiled. ?Well, one, you would be redder than Palpitine?s Honor Guard; two, you don?t notice the heat as much when you?re out and about. Meditation is all about concentration, feeling the moment?listening with open ears.? He spread his arms, looking out to the horizon, ?tuning into every living thing out there.? He dropped his arms and returned his gaze to Ben. ?Heat can be a distracting sensation.?
    Ben broke eye contact with his Master so as not to reveal his true thoughts. Whatever, he thought to himself. I think he hasn?t be keeping his hood over his head when he goes out. The lad sighed as he removed his robe, blatantly making it evident he was not enthused.
    Anakin shook his head and gracefully leapt onto a rock, sitting down cross-legged in a smooth, continuous motion.
    Ben decided to sit straight down, emulating his Master and crossing his legs. He watched Anakin, trying to understand what he was supposed to do. ?Sooo?just sit here??
    ?Yes,? Anakin smiled without opening his eyes.
    Ben closed his eyes for a few moments but it was not long before more questions entered his head. ?Should I breathe deeply or something??
    ?Whatever you want to do,? Anakin replied, a little more curtly this time.
    The boy inhaled deeply and then slowly let the air out.
    ?Not so loud, if you please,? Anakin commented.
    Ben opened his eyes and glanced at his cousin for a moment before turning his attention back to the task at hand. He continued with the deep breaths, albeit quietly. Frustration began to grow in him as he could not sense any thoughts or feelings the Force should be giving him. ?I don?t feel anything,? he finally sighed.
    ?Ben!? Anakin shot, his annoyance very apparent, ?stop searching. Relax, just let it come to you.?
    The student sank back, rebuffed by the Master. I don?t get this, he thought. What does he want me to see?. Ben quietly sulked, wondering again if this whole affair was a good idea. He sat, letting the Force calm him, a peace soothing his troubled mind. A sudden flash in his mind startled him?a picture. Anakin?him?others. He could not quite make out what was happening but Anakin needed him. Would need him. His eyes shot open, wide and alert, looking rather stunned. He turned to see Anakin jumping off the rock.
    ?See anything?? His Master asked wryly, amused at Ben?s reaction
    ?I-I think so,? Ben offered. ?I?m not quite sure.?
    Anakin smiled. ?I figured as much aft

19. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    ?Don?t worry, that?s as far as I go.? [face_laugh]

Great interaction between Anakin and Ben, as usual. It's kind of strange picturing Anakin as the meditative type, though.

I like that Ben's more like his mother. That will make his time with his new master much more interesting. :D

I can't wait to see them going into town. I wonder is Ben's going to see the other side of Anakin?

20. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    It's good to be back and it'sd good to find a favorite story again!
    well done there Cee!
    Reb

21. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Yay!!Another excellent post Moff_D!!!

I still want to know about the comprimising situation [face_laugh] ;) .

nina

22. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great work moff, we still don't know what happened to tahiri

keep up the great work

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    He was not one to dwell on the more mystical aspects of the Force?that was too much like his father. Ben always preferred his mother?s direct approach. his new master was once of the same mind.
    Interesting. So Ben is more like Mara in some respects? That should make him and Anakin a good match, however. ;)

Anakin began to remove his robe
    Gotta love it when that happens! ;)

I think he hasn?t be keeping his hood over his head when he goes out.
    [face_laugh]

blatantly making it evident he was not enthused.
    8-} Skywalker sulky behavior

I figured as much after you shut up for so long.
    [face_laugh]

Nice continuation of Ben's adolscent behavior.
    Anakin's not very patient with the boy, is he? I guess he just has to get used to someone else around period! It would be natural for Ben to ask questions about how he was supposed to do things.
    Good humor in this one, Moffy. :)

And I like the last line. :D

Good job Moffy :D

Reb: well done there Cee!
    [face_shocked]
    *pssst. It's Moffy!* ;)

24. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    well done there Cee!

[face_shocked] I didn't know Moff copied Cee's work! 8-}

Great Ben/Anakin interaction, Moff.

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Lonewolf: I like that Ben's more like his mother. That will make his time with his new master much more interesting.
    Yes it will. ;)

I can't wait to see them going into town. I wonder is Ben's going to see the other side of Anakin?
    Sooner or later I would think.

RebAdams:It's good to be back and it'sd good to find a favorite story again!
    well done there Cee!

Thanks Tahi. :p

Jainafel:I still want to know about the comprimising situation
    Behave yourself young lady! ;)
    Just picture something and think it probably wasn't as bad as you come up with. :p

forceaddict:great work moff, we still don't know what happened to tahiri
    S'pose I'll tell you sooner or later. [face_mischief]

Jade:Interesting. So Ben is more like Mara in some respects? That should make him and Anakin a good match, however.
    It looks that way, doesn't it?

Gotta love it when that happens!
    Gotta please the ladies. ;)
    No catcalls for Ben? Jainafel maybe? :p

Nice continuation of Ben's adolscent behavior.
    Anakin's not very patient with the boy, is he? I guess he just has to get used to someone else around period! It would be natural for Ben to ask questions about how he was supposed to do things.
    Good humor in this one, Moffy.

Yeah...it's fun seeing the relationship develop. Ben has turned out more 'teen' like than I was intending but I find it amusing. It's fun to write.

Whitey:Great Ben/Anakin interaction, Moff.
    Thanks. I'm modeling Ben on you.
    :p I'm kidding, of course.

Thanks for the comments folks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.