main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All That You Cannot Leave Behind (AU, Anakin, Ben, Tahiri?, Post NJO) Updated 11*01*05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Moff_D, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Thanks. I'm modeling Ben on you.
    I'm kidding, of course.

[face_laugh] You'd be surprised to find out that I'm not usually like this at school at home. I'm not as annoying or stupid. 8-}

Uh, you wouldn't mind fixing the link to this in your sig, would you? ;)

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    All fixed Whitey, thanks for the heads up.

Next chapter tomorrow...well, it should be but you never know what might happen. ;)

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi Moff - it's the other Tahi here :D the "rebellious" one ;)

Loved that post. I can imagine Anakin being like this when older. It's true he favours Mara's way rather than Luke's, but by the same token he IS meditative as well. From Conquest on, he was really developing his meditative side. So your Anakin seems like a natural progression. And anyway I'd say we're about to see the active side of him soon.

Loved the bit about Ben getting a bit uncomfortable when Anakin started disrobing. I assume he would have felt a bit happier if it had been Myri in Anakin's place. ;) Also liked the joke about Anakin getting too much sun. Ben is really funny.

Really enjoying the way these two are stumbling towards a good workable, maybe even affectionate, relationship. I can see that Anakin has developed a bit like Luke - because when Luke was young he was impulsive and favoured the direct approach. As he grew older he changed.

4. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    The rebellious Tahi? You don't seem that rebellious. ;)

--------------------------------------------

?They were here,? the shimmering blue holographic figure said. ? They stayed for awhile and left.?
    A thin smile graced the lips of the man being reported to. Tall and thin, his wiry frame gave no indication of his real power. A scar graced the side right side of his face, cutting across his cheek and stopping at the temple of his bald head. He fixed his cold, dark eyes on the image. ?You?re positive?? he asked, voice calm but nasally?cunning.
    ?Definitely. It was the Skywalkers, no doubt.?
    ?I see.? Baatjes Savalax snaked his hands out of his black robe, tapping his tented fingers against his pursed lips. ?An odd move for Master Skywalker. I wonder why they would enlist the aid of the broken Solo? He hasn?t done anything notable since he helped end the Vong threat.? Savalax sat, thinking for a moment. ?Regardless, if it looks like he might hinder my plans, kill him. Interference at this point would do me no good.?
    ?There is a complication,? the holograph stated.
    ?What would that be?? sneered Savalax.
    ?They left the boy.?
    Savalax raised an eyebrow. What are you up to Skywalker, he wondered. His face remained impassive. ?Kill him if it is necessary?otherwise, the less the Skywalkers have to wonder about, the better it will be for me.?
    ?As you wish,? the figure nodded before the image dissipated.
    Savalax turned, gazing out the viewport of his vessel. He stroked the scar on his face. Ben Skywalker?I certainly wouldn?t be sad to see that brat go. He scowled. Inherited the ability but none of the poise of his parents. A bitter taste spread in the bald man?s mouth. The vagaries of birth, he sighed. No matter. I won?t be stopped.. He chuckled briefly as he leaned back in his chair.

?What is this again?? Ben asked, peering over the side of the landspeeder.
    ?It?s an X-34,? Anakin answered, keeping his eyes on the terrain. ?SoroSuub.? He briefly glanced at his student as the boy brought his head back into the vehicle. ?I think your Dad had one just like it.?
    ?Ohh?yeah,? Ben offered, recalling a vague recollection. ?It?s old.? He commented.
    ?So?? responded Anakin, a little testily. ?I built it myself. I had to scrounge every junkyard on the planet and then some just to find all the parts.? He glanced at Ben again. ?Who knows, there might even be some parts of your Dad?s old speeder in this.?
    Ben smiled briefly at the thought before returning to his comments. ?It?s not very fast,? he offered before turning to Anakin, ?they make ?em a lot faster now. You should see some of the new models on Corellia.?
    ?That?s not the point, Ben,? an increasingly exasperated Anakin sighed. ?How fast do you need to go? Besides, I built this?can?t you see the satisfaction in that??
    ?I suppose,? shrugged the boy. ?I?m not good with building stuff or fixing stuff like you and Jaina.?
    ?What are you good at?? Anakin asked as he suddenly realized he did not know where Ben?s aptitudes lay.
    Ben shrugged again. ?I can fly well I guess?I?m pretty good with a lightsaber,? he beamed briefly before frowning slightly. ?I don?t know if I?m really good at anything?I?ve never had a real insight into certain skills like some others do??
    Anakin could sense the disappointment in his protégé. ?Don?t worry Ben,? he smiled, ?you?ll find it some day.?
    Ben smiled at the consolation, but the conversation died off at that point as their thoughts drifted to other things. Anakin found his thoughts floating back to the morning?s meditation and the previous evening?s dream. Or was it a vision? What he had not told Ben was that he had seen Tahiri again that morning.
    Anakin?s mind reeled. ?Find me? she had said. She looked so hurt?like I had abandoned her. It can?t be possible?She made her choice, she filled her role like Ikrit said?then Tahiri left me. The final thought made Anakin wince. She left me. It still filled him with a hollow emptiness, an unending pain.
    Be

5. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    What in the...

Tahiri left Anakin?

This is very bizarre.

6. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    In a manner of speaking. ;)

7. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Interesting, though I doubt he means it in the literal sense.

But, great post.

POST MORE ASAP

8. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    If you've killed Tahiri...

*taps bolter menacingly*

9. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    WHAT? Did I just hear "killed" and "Tahiri" in the same sentence. Moff, if you did something.....

*pats the big-@$$ weapon next to her*

but still, great posts (most of them, i missed, but hey! I caught up!)

10. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    This keeps getting better and better!

11. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Has anyone else noticed that the baddies often have big scars runnign across their faces in the SW universe? 8-}

if it looks like he might hinder my plans, kill him.
    [face_shocked] Not Anakin!

Kill him if it is necessary
    [face_shocked] Not Ben!
    Lots of potential violence here, Moffy!

I can fly well I guess?I?m pretty good with a lightsaber
    Like grandad ;)

then Tahiri left me
    [face_shocked] So we finally have a piece of what happened to Tahiri.
    But she left Anakin! What? Is the girl nutz? Oh yeah. That's right. 8-}
    j/k

Fabled at least to his family
    I like that. :)

Boy. Ben sure looks his nose down at things on Tatooine. I think he needs to learn some manners while he's with Anakin. ;)

If you've killed Tahiri...
    *taps bolter menacingly*

*Snap-hiss*
    *Steps in front of Moffy, lightsaber at the ready*
    Settle down, Star-Lead and Satine. I'm sure all will be explained in time. ;)

*Looks over her shoulder*
    Good job Moffy.
    I love your stories. ;)

12. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Hehehe...I've got a bodyguard suckas! :p

All will be revealed...good or bad? A little of both I suppose.

Thanks for the support all. :)

13. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001

Moff,
    Please forgive my confusion
    this is great
    Reb

14. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    *stands down, but leaves bolter unsafetied*

I won't do anything to Moff_D, yet.

15. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great work moff

so tahiri left anakin, that is confusing,thanks for giving us at least a little piece of what happened

keep up the great work

16. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    I like. but if you killed tahiri.*goes to find lightsaber* hold on *finds it* ok i was saying if you killed her....i'll let you fill in the blanks. *holds lightsaber* new postie soon?

17. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Just part of my job as beta, Moffy. ;)

18. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Why am I starting to feel like Troy Denning? :p

I didn't know bodily protection came with beta-ing. Glad to have it though. ;)

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I didn't know bodily protection came with beta-ing.

At least in Alman's thread it does. ;)

20. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Tahiri left Anakin?!!! [face_shocked]

*Ignites two curved, red bladed lightsabers*
    *Let's the Dark Side take over him*

Guys, now I think we're sufficiently armed enough to defeat Jade and Moff. [face_devil]

*Prepares to attack and overwhelm Jade*

21. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    *steps out of lightsaber reach of Whitey and unholsters bolter*

You first, oh fearless leader.

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    *Sends out a hand, palm flattened, giving a force shove which pushes Whitey down and knocks the lightsaber out of his hand*

*she calls it to her and clips it on her belt*

23. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    See why I decided to let him go first?

*Shoots Whitey in the knee so he can't steal back his lightsaber*

24. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    *ducks through the maze of lightsaber dueling and blaster fire*

No matter. I won?t be stopped...

I?m beginning to have RotJ flash backs... Your over confidence is your weakness. This Savalax guy is gravely underestimating Anakin?s abilities. [face_devil] I can?t wait to see someone try to take out Anakin and Ben.

I liked the description you gave of Ben in this post. Sounds like he?s coasting by on his name more than his talents.

There coming up on Mos Eisley huh? I can?t wait to find out what?s going to happen next! Great job, as usual, Moff. More soon! :D

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I loved that bit about the need for speed. Ben sounds like a boy racer in the making.

I like the way you're revealing little tidbits to keep us guessing. I've got a few ideas as to what you're going to do this, so I'm curious to see whether I'm right or wrong.

I can see a lot of Anakin in Ben - ha ha, it's a case of what comes around goes around. Looking forward to more. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.