[All the Hours] FIN |Epilogue|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    ==================
    All the Hours
    By: TheFallen
    ==================

Disclaimer : I like to take out George's characters from time to time and play with them, even though they're his. Some basic ideas of this story are from the movie Donnie Darko.

Summary : "What if you could take away all of the hours of pain and darkness in the world and make them into something better?"

Rating : PG13

Production Notes : Strictly stand alone and AU. While we're at it, this story is taken hugely from the movie Donnie Darko. If you've seen it - you know it's a great movie, if you're like me. If you haven't seen it - see it.

This one is probably one that I worked that hardest on out of all of my fics - partially because I decided that I really wanted to write something that people would really love and remember me for.

Timeframe : Sometime after Ep. II, but this isn't going to follow much of the movies, just basic facts. Not just AU - Massive AU.

Chapter 1

Wake up.

Drowsily, Obi-Wan Kenobi's eyelashes twitched as he heard the mechanical voice drill into his dreamless slumber like a well-tuned hatchet. His pupils fought against even the low light of his private quarters within the Jedi Temple. Night - it was when Nik usually came to speak to him. Obi-Wan sat up in bed, by now used to the pre-dawn disturbances, and slowly shoved the warm cocoon of blankets away from him. He threw his legs over the side of the bed and his bare chest tingled with the loss of the thick quilts. His frame wavered as we willed himself to awaken more, as he always did when this happened, but he was always in a perpetual state of sleepwalking when Nik spoke to him.

I have something more to tell you.

Obi-Wan's eyes opened a little more, and his pupils adjusted. He stood in a wavering stance and finally began shuffling towards the door of his quarters. He rubbed his bleary eyes and flung a dysfunctional arm towards the chair near the door and captured his cloak. He wrapped it around him as he continued scooting slowly towards the exit of he and Anakin's shared apartment.

He stumbled across the main living area of the small apartment, eyeing the chrono on the wall that showed him that it was 3:42 in the morning. He would have groaned if he could find the way to use his vocal cords, so instead, he just kept walking. Nik would tell him when to stop - he always did.

Gradually, the slapping of his bare feet across the hardness of tiling gave way to rocks, and then to soft, lush grass as he kept on in his demented stroll. His eyes rolled through his head to give him a decent view of the area he had been directed to. The gardens. Almost cautious in his fluid, dreamy movements, Obi-Wan peered out beneath thick, sleepy lashes to survey the territory and saw that no one was there and only the dim security lights were up.

Abruptly, Nik was there. A giant, black, mechanical monstrosity towering before him a few yards again, standing beside lush, red foliage. He could hear the continuous in and out of the oxygen refining mask he wore, and it startled him every time, even in the sense dulled state that he wandered towards him in.

The whispering through the mechanical voice box built into the dark suit was a harsh and mutilated sound that hurt his ears, but he listened all the same.

"12 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes, and 5 seconds." The numbers and words floated across the open space towards Obi-Wan's ears. It felt like he was listening through water, and his mind swirled through eddies that wafted in his head.

He stared towards the domed ovals that signified eyes on the technological masterpiece. "Until what?" He murmured.

"That is when the universe turns, Obi-Wan." Nik answered with certainty. Obi-Wan didn't like the way that Nik answered his question about what he was talking about. It was like Nik knew what was happening because he had already been there.

"Who are you?" Obi-Wan finally asked, his legs beginning to waver in their determination to st/>
  2. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    :D :D :D :D Can't wait for more...FIRST REPLY!!!111!2!
  3. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4

uhmm....

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? Nik? Who's Nik?

Darn you!

Excellent as always, Bekka- but really- I can't afford to be hooked on another story- I keep falling behind!

*grumbles* Fine... fine... I can't resist reading it anyways...

I'll suppose I'll just be playing catch-up a lot.

More soon??
  4. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *blinks*

Ummmm....huh? What just happened? Who's Nik, and what did he do?

Intruigued, must have more. :D
  5. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, wow! This is fantastically written and quite intriguing! I can't wait for more. It's dark...my favorite type!
  6. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Mon Apprentice - You are far too excitable. ;)

Sheleigh :) - I hope you're reading! :D I love seeing friendly faces.

Jedi_Suzuran - I'm afraid I've frightened everyone off with the first chapter. I hope you stick around. ;)

LuvEwan - YOU WANT DARK? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE, BABY!! [face_laugh]
  7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whoa, this is kinda freaky. Which is always good

MORE!
  8. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you, Arwen-Jade! :)
  9. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    *whimpers* Watching Donnie Darko right now...and Bekka, if you pull this off, I will worship you...
  11. Chaos_Rose Jedi Knight

star 3
    < waiting patiently >

MORE!

< waiting not so patiently >
  12. Linari_Tanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    :eek: Oh no....can't time??? freeze I don't think I want 12 and whatever min and sec to go by...

[face_plain] I have bad feeling about this...
  13. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 2
    12 Days Remain

"Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan Kenobi, will you wake up?" It was the first thing that filtered through his clear, lucid mind. It was morning again. The security lights no longer gave the gardens an eerie feel to them, but the brilliant sunlight shone through all of the area.

"What are you doing out here in the morning sleeping?" Master Gallia questioned with an angry tone in her voice. She'd had quite enough of finding the young Master out in the middle of the gardens in the early morning sleeping. Why did he keep coming out here, anyway? It must be freezing at night.

"Sorry, Master Gallia." Obi-Wan's head was low and staring at the ground. "I don't know what came over me." He paused as he stared at his arm. It was covered in numbers and dashes. He squinted in confusion and began to read, 12 days -

"You should really lock the door to your quarters, Master Kenobi - it becomes quite tiring having to check to see if you're out here before turning the watering droids on." Adi reached over and pulled a few errant pieces of grass off of the drowsy Master's robe and nudged him in the direction towards his apartment. "Go, before I decide to inform the rest of the Council of your peculiar sleeping habits, hmm?"

Obi-Wan nodded solemnly and muttered another apology as he trudged off towards his apartment the way he had come last night. When he finally shoved his dirty hand against the access panel, he was quite sick of the odd looks he got walking down the hall in his sleep pants and robe.

He rubbed his face and walked slowly into the apartment. Anakin was awake. The small kitchen was moving with activity and Obi-Wan tried not to think of the questions his Apprentice would ask him. Instead, he took a seat at the small table beside the kitchen.

Anakin stood at the stove, cooking some kind of eggs, stirring them occasionally with the mechanical arm that he had long since mastered the art of using. "You saw him again, Master?"

But Obi-Wan was too concentrated at the snapping and hissing of the eggs as they cooked and abruptly he thought that they sounded remarkably like fizzling lightning. Blue lightning. Blue lightning? He finally computed the words Anakin had said to him and his eyes snapped up to meet his Apprentice. 12 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes, and 5 seconds. That is when the universe turns. He stared down at his ink-covered arm and swiftly covered it with his cloak sleeve and crossed his arms protectively around him.

"What did he say?" Anakin questioned. The young man of 20 didn't try to understand the things his Master described to him or the Mind Healers. All he knew what that his Master saw strange things during the night sometimes from a human-looking machine called 'Nik'. It had been going on for about 2 weeks now, and with each episode, he could feel his Master becoming more and more inverted and withdrawn. He was contemplative, yes, but too much. Anakin found himself watching his Master staring blankly at wall thinking too often recently.

Obi-Wan stared at his Padawan's questioning gaze and decided that his Padawan shouldn't know this. No one should know this. "Nothing, Padawan. He didn't tell me anything."

"Well then why - "

"You should hurry if you're to get to your classes on time today." Anakin stopped with his mouth open. He didn't have classes for an hour, but he knew what his Master meant and he stopped talking, turning his focus dejectedly back to the pan. Why didn't his Master trust him anymore? It angered him so...

"Padme is coming to the senate meetings next week." Anakin informed quietly, stirring the eggs half heartedly, on some level knowing that no one would end up eating them. Still, the introspective Master knew nothing of his secret marriage to the Nubian queen, and Anakin doubted if he ever would, if he continued on his downward spiral of insanity. Obi-Wan made a small noise in recognition of the name and nodded a little. Anakin grew more and more frustrated with the dreamy appearance of his Master's eyes and a
  14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  15. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, this is weird in a really good way. :D

Waking up with writing on your arm [face_laugh]

More, please! :)
  16. Linari_Tanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very good....this is going to be interesting to watch you pull off.... :D

And I just want to say now.....Obi cannot kill Anakin....or Vader -.-()
  17. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    Another great chapter Master. And i made Dana watch Donnie Darko yesterday. :p
  18. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    I've never watched Donnie Darko before (I knew I should've rented the VCD when I saw it in the rental shop quite a while ago) but this is interesting (of course :D). Go on...
  19. TheFallenSnowflake Jedi Knight

star 1
    JediClare - Ah - you should. It's an excellent movie. It has to be - I have to watch it 300 times to get the story right for this. ;)

Apprentice - I [face_love] you. You know that. ;)

Linari - I make no promises! [face_mischief]

Arwen-Jade - Your dream will come true... soon... :)

Suzuran - I'm glad it's in a good way. :) Hey - we've all had nights like those where you wake up with random things scrawled on your body! [face_laugh]
  20. Chaos_Rose Jedi Knight

star 3
    And another excellent post...

I'm getting more and more curious, too.

21. jedi-thespian Jedi Master

star 3
    Ooh, a wave of darkness... [face_shocked]

This is a good story so far! Is Obi-Wan going to turn dark? Is Nik trying to warn Obi-Wan of the danger of Anakin turning to the Dark Side?

So many questions...
  22. Linari_Tanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    What do you mean no promises!?!? :eek: .....but....you said....oh whatever.....-.-()

UP!!!
  23. TheFallenSnowflake Jedi Knight

star 1
    Now do you REALLY want me to answer all your questions or would you rather just have me post some more? :p
  24. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Post more, you know that..

or the err... I don't have anything to threaten you with!! :(

Oh well...

Great story so far, Bekka! and I'm sure you will leave us with equally evil cliffhangers throughout.

Stupid Anakin! *WHACK!*
  25. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone: Ugh. Just a big 'ol ugh. I need some reviews to help me dig myself out of this hole.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.