[All the Hours] FIN |Epilogue|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now Obi is interested in time travel? [face_laugh] Well, he does need a new hobby. [face_devil] :p
  2. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess the insane need hobbies too :p
  3. Psycho-Freak Jedi Master

star 4
    It was hovering so very closely?

...And then suddenly, SMACK!. It smashed right into his face. :p

So, time travel huh? I can't wait to see what Obi-Wan does with this. I say let the oddness continue! :D

More!
  4. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Psycho-Freak - ...And then suddenly, SMACK!. It smashed right into his face. -- [face_laugh] Always a pleasure to read goofy responses from you. :p Oddness you want, oddness you'll get a hundred times over!

Apprentice - I guess the insane need hobbies too -- What do you think I'm doing here? [face_plain]

Suzae - Now Obi is interested in time travel? -- Not so much as he's being made to be interested in it. [face_devil] Let the manipulation continue!

PaddyJuan - insane hoppy froggy wants MORE!!! -- * Jumps around with you * ISN'T THIS FUN!?

Clare - And I'm hanging off a cliff...more! -- Oh I won't leave you there for TOO long. Okay, so maybe I will. [face_laugh] Keep hanging, it'll all be over soon!

THEFALLEN
  5. Linari_Tanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    So....

We have a paranoid Anakin...a very giddy Obi-Wan, and a wierded out teacher-in-training.... :D I just can't wait for more!!!

Your wonderful Bekka! And simply amazing! :D
  6. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] @ Psycho-Freak

::Fingers begin to slip:: Oh noooo...

(Up from page 6 at 50ppp!)
  7. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, my friends - I'm going to rage against the Archives here and write away to get out my bitterness. ;) Spring break is a wonderful thing - at least for you readers. :p

Post later. :)

TF
  8. Dally Force Ghost

star 4
    Whoa. I am very curious to see where this story goes! It's very good.
  9. KrystalBlaze Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

This a magnifigant story! I love this! It's absoloutely beautiful, Bekka! Excellent! I just love the way you're building the story up. A truly great job. It's so original and plausible! I've fancied things like this but never actually wrote a fic! Great job! I can't get enough of it! More!

Please?

10. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    *replies*

. . . :p

*hugs* Good story! I like this Obi-Wan, how you have him go mad (or not? ;) ). It's not a concept I have often seen ( :p ) and I think you do it wonderfully. Good job! :D

:)
  11. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Blast! I barely missed the Tuesday deadline!

Chapter Fourteen
    What She's Afraid Of
    3 Days Remain

?Anakin, I want you to answer me truthfully.? Mind Healer N?rell asked him calmly with her muted, simple tones. Her dull voice only compacted upon Anakin?s ears to annoy him even more. He didn?t know how Master Obi-Wan could stand coming here so often ? it was so entirely dull he thought he would run himself through. As for answering truthfully? that depended on the question.

?Of course, Healer N?rell.? he replied smoothly, only slightly fakes honestly gleaming through his dark eyes.

?Has your master done anything strange recently?? Anakin stared at her. She realized how it sounded and corrected herself, ?More out of the ordinary than usual, is what I mean.?

?I don?t think so. Why do you ask?? He had to go farther than that. He could see that the mind healer was just about to say something akin to ?just asking? and leave it at that, ?I mean, if I had the specifics, it could alert me to the small details I might be overlooking.?

?Padawan Skywalker, there is a shallow inquiry about your master being involved in the vandalism of Pat?reek Miscoia?s apartment complex.? N?rell said blankly. There was no use dancing around the subject with pretty little diversions. ?Since he didn?t exactly have a? pleasant relationship with the author while he was here, and then this happens, Cor-Sec has requested the investigation.?

?Healer N?rell, Master Obi-Wan would never do anything like that.? Anakin sat forward in his chair, his back stiffening along with all of his muscles, ?He?s been acting strange recently, but he?s not capable of something like this, not Obi-Wan. And if the Council doesn?t see that, then it?s their own fool-hearted blindness.?

?Padawan, calm yourself.? N?rell leaned forward to stare him down into his chair and he leaned back again, ?This, as I said, is a quite shallow inquiry. It won?t go past looking at a few security vids and asking Obi-Wan where he was.?

?He was sleeping. For the first time in weeks.? Anakin mumbled back. He wanted to leave. He wanted to go beat the Sith out of droid in the practice hall. He hated coming to these meetings. No matter what he said, no matter how he tried to discern the answer that Healer N?rell wanted to hear so Master Obi-Wan would be all right, he could never shake the feeling that he was somehow failing every time. He should be telling the truth, he often scolded himself. But Anakin had learned that the truth will get many people nowhere.

?Padawan, you say that he?s not capable of this ? but have you been witness to his? spells at all?? N?rell asked cautiously.

?I?ve never been there. No one has ever seen him.? Anakin looked down at the floor and then out the window, ?He does seem rather detached most of the time, though. Like he?s seeing something that the rest of us aren?t.?

That?s what I?m afraid of. N?rell thought drearily and questioned on, ?Has he ever told you about Nik? The robotic man that he talks to??

Anakin?s eyes narrowed at the healer. Something about her tone made him want to choke her. ?I?ve only heard basics.? he gritted out. Basics he?d heard from her in the beginning.

?He tells him strange things, Anakin. It?s almost as if Obi-Wan believe this ?Nik? is directing him towards his future.? N?rell explained and Anakin had to wonder why she was telling him this all of a sudden. Usually she was very confidential about these things. It worried him, now that she was sharing all of this information. ?Do you think, perhaps, that Obi-Wan could be listening to a darker force at work, Anakin? Perhaps a mind control device??

?I have no idea, Healer N?rell.? Anakin was shocked and he was gripping the chair in a death grip. He certainly hoped his master didn?t have some sort of deadly, dark mind control device implanted in his head.

?I?m so sorry to frighten you, Anakin. Your master is just? very confusing.?

?You were going to say sick in the head and you and I both know it.? />
  12. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    Bekka, you are teh evilness.
  13. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    eek! they're on to him! well, about as clued in as they ever are, which is to say... NOT!

more more more more more

poor anakin, stuck in the temple. wouldn't it be better to send the slightly insane Jedi out into the galaxy where everyone thinks that all the Jedi are a little touched and talking to voices that only they can hear? He wont stand out at all there.
  14. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    ^
    |
    |
    |

MCK said it all.
  15. Psycho-Freak Jedi Master

star 4
    Bekka, you're scaring me. [face_plain]
  16. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    One last time

Why does that sound so ominous? :p Oh wait, what am I saying? This whole fic is ominous. :p
  17. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    Ominous, TF! :p I must admit, this insane Obi-Wan just fascinates me. I can't wait to see where you bring this, how you conclude it. And it better make sense, handmaiden! :p

Very nice post, even if it was short. ;) :D
  18. ObiWan_Knievil Jedi Padawan

I just found this today and it is rivetting!!! MORE!!!

-Obi
  19. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    ObiWan_Knievil - I just found this today and it is rivetting!!! MORE!!! -- More you wil get, my good reader! Another one joins me! :) Keep replying like a good reader, now. ;)

obaona - I can't wait to see where you bring this, how you conclude it. And it better make sense, handmaiden! -- Oooo. Not so sure when I consider the post I just wrote... I'll try my best. * Eyes shift * What? I mean it! I will!

Suzae - Oh wait, what am I saying? This whole fic is ominous. -- What took you so long to figure that out? :p Ominous... hmmm... by the end, not so much as bloody insane. ;)

JediClare - MCK said it all. -- Hey! Don't agree with my apprentice! She knows too much. ;)

Psycho-Freak - Bekka, you're scaring me. -- I have that effect on most people. You ain't seen nothin' yet, bucko.

MCK - Bekka, you are teh evilness. -- Why thank you. :D

PaddyJuan - He wont stand out at all there. -- Well, maybe if he's running around screaming "THE WORLD'S GOING TO END! NIK IS SPEAKING TO ME!" :p And yes. They're on to him. Bwa hah hah. [face_devil]

Let the mind-knotting begin.

TF
  20. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter Fifteen
    The Philosophy of Time Travel

2 DAYS REMAIN

?You?re late, Obi-Wan.? N?rell pointed out as Obi-Wan walked into her office and workspace. She could feel the reluctance echoing off him in waves. She flicked a bright green tail of her head back over her shoulder and looked him over. It wasn?t normal that he was actually this reluctant to come in. Some heel dragging was in order at most times, though. She knew it wasn?t exactly fun spending time in the mind healer?s ward.

?I?m sorry, Fysinia.? Her head flew up and she looked at him with confused surprise. He hadn?t called her by her first name since he started coming here weeks ago. ?I?ve been reading this book that I?? he hesitated and Obi-Wan sat down in the chair quickly before looking at her, ?that I found in the archives. It?s quite interesting.?

Hmm. Perhaps I should see what his choice in reading material is before I cut him loose. She placidly folded her arms and placed them on the dark-wooded desk. The bright green of her skin reflected off of the polish and gave it an odd color in spots. ?May I see the book, Obi-Wan? Anything with praise from you should be worth my attention.? she gave a little smile to pacify him further. He hesitantly set the small, leather-bound book onto the desk and slid the book to her, as if afraid of being scolded like an initiate looking at inappropriate magazines.

??The Philosophy of Time Travel?, Obi-Wan?? she questioned with an upturned eyebrow. She saw the small glint of embarrassment glitter across his face and she scolded herself, ?It does sound interesting, Obi-Wan. I?m surprised the archives had anything like this on its shelves.?

?Yes, well, I just happened upon it.? Obi-Wan rubbed his palms against his legs and seemed anxious to snatch the book back. She wanted to know more of the contents of the book, though, and started paging through it. Beautifully drawn sketches and diagrams flew past her fingertips as she flipped through the pieces of paper ? a real commodity in these ages. The pages were all written in an ornate font and even looked hand-written. The book must be well over a decade old ? perhaps even the only copy ever made. What a peculiar chance of the Force that Obi-Wan would pluck it out of thin air like this.

?Chapter Six: the Living Receiver?? she murmured as read from the text?s header at the beginning of the chapter. This book was definitely strange. Time travel? Living receivers? What was Obi-Wan getting his fragile psyche into now? She began to reevaluate her decision to let him out onto active duty. She began to read from the book once more, words and sentences jumping at her eyes.

No one knows how or why a Receiver will be chosen The Living Receiver is often blessed with Tangent Dimension Powers. These include increased strength, telekinesis, mind control, and the ability to conjure fire and water.

That didn?t seem so strange. This book might have very well been written before the time of the Jedi and their powers were widely unknown. The author seeing a Jedi for the first time could easily explain the first of the powers mentioned. Perhaps this whole notion of time travel was derived from the writer going through their first hyperspace travel.

Fire and water... she couldn't help but thing of the little incidents surrounding Obi-Wan. The flooding of his classroom. The burning of an apartment that he was being looked into for.

The Living Receiver is often tormented by terrifying dreams, visions, and auditory hallucinations during his time as a Receiver in the Tangent Dimension.

Nik. N?rell?s eyes narrowed and her eyebrows furrowed as she continued glancing over the pages. Her heart seemed to beat just a skip faster, though she couldn?t discern why.

Those surrounding the Living Receiver, known as the Manipulated, will fear him and try to destroy him.

She glanced up at Obi-Wan, who seemed to be trying to find anything in the room to focus at but her. She gave a small, nervous twitter that he didn?t seem to no
  21. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You're darn tootin' you're confusing. What the heck is gonna be gained by putting him under hypnosis?

Unless we get pyro Obi back.... [face_mischief]
  22. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    I am all that is confusion!

You've got that right. Looking forward to what I expect will be a very interesting hypnosis session. :D
  23. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    oh no! not the BANTHAS!!!
  24. Dally Force Ghost

star 4
    Whoa...this time travel stuff is scary. No wonder Obi-Wan is a bit ragged.
  25. KrystalBlaze Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek: :eek:

Excellent work! I can't wait for the hypnosis! I just saw Donnie Darko and have to say... that movie made no sense! I really, really, REALLY loved it, but the ending just confused me.

Update more! Please! I just [face_love] this fic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.