[All the Hours] FIN |Epilogue|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho-Freak Jedi Master

star 4
    He wasn?t some mystical Living Receiver, coming to save them all from pink banthas or whatever the book was blathering on about. Hmmm, now I'm stuck with this image of Obi-wan fighting various flying pink banthasin my head! :p

For some reason I think the mind healer will end up even more confused after the hypnosis session.
  2. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    I come with a message from le author.

Yes - I was just banned on the JC by way of dying in the Mafia game. Hah. It will not stop me from replying to you all, though. I am wily and elusive. My apprentice should be thanked for putting this up for me. ;)

Suzaé - You're darn tootin' you're confusing. What the heck is gonna be gained by putting him under hypnosis? -- Oh, you might see some strange stuff uncovered. [face_mischief]

Clare - Looking forward to what I expect will be a very interesting hypnosis session. -- Hee. Hee hee hee. You might not think so afterward. :p

PaddyJuan - oh no! not the BANTHAS!!! -- Pink banthas are horrifying. You shouldn't tease them so.

Dally - No wonder Obi-Wan is a bit ragged. -- Aye, it's no small miracle that he hasn't gone off the deep end and burned someone house do - wait. [face_plain]

Krystal - I just saw Donnie Darko and have to say... that movie made no sense! -- Don't worry - I won't leave quite so many things open, and I've deviated quite far from some storylines of Donnie Darko, so not to worry.

Psycho-Freak - For some reason I think the mind healer will end up even more confused after the hypnosis session. -- You must be clairvoyant. Or maybe just under my spell. Yep, I think everyone is going to be pretty confused. :p

THEFALLEN - will return with another post tomorrow.
  3. KrystalBlaze Force Ghost

star 5
    Great part, so great... I'm still alive in the Mafia... oooohhhh... the suspense is killing me!
  4. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Krystal - Great part, so great -- [face_blush] You flatter me. Keep doing it. ;) :p

Here's the next post, everyone. Put on your thinking caps, because the fun just keeps on rolling in. ;)

Chapter Sixteen
    Everything Dies Alone

?I want you to take deep breaths throughout this, Obi-Wan.? N?rell instructed Obi-Wan. His eyes were half-lidded and he seemed as though at any minute he would fall asleep. She did debate leaving him to sleep, no doubt giving him the best sleep he?d had in weeks. In the end, she was far too disturbed by reading his silly little scrap-pile book to be left with her questions.

?Yes.? Obi-Wan replied simply with dull tones and a mindless nod of his head.

?Now I want you to tell me the first thing that comes into your mind right now.? It was a start. She?d been giving a lot of thought into putting him under hypnosis ? and putting him under was no small feet. It took almost a half an hour to get his mind to cooperate, as it was with most Jedi minds. They were not weak, and it was difficult to override anything in their heads.

Obi-Wan gave a soft sigh and said in a small, childish voice, ?I was disappointed for my Naming Day that year.?

Fysinia glanced over at him before resuming her pacing in front of him. She felt free to move as she wished, as he was not seeing her in any account. ?Really. Why were you disappointed that year??

?I didn?t get what I was hoping for.?

?And what were you hoping for?? N?rell asked gently.

?Hungry Hungry Banthas.? Obi-Wan said distinctly and N?rell grinned a little. She knew it was inappropriate, but she couldn?t help but be overcome by what she saw as the ?cute factor? of Obi-Wan Kenobi talking like he was just a small initiate.

?And what does that make you feel, Obi-Wan? Being denied these? hungry, hungry banthas?? N?rell asked with all seriousness. Her fellow mind healers would be giggling at her if they were watching her. A spike of shame ran through her as she thought that she was exploiting the poor man?s feelings. She should be getting somewhere with him.
    Obi-Wan turned over on the couch where he was lying and his voice was muffled by the pillow that he burrowed his face into. ?Regret.?

?What else makes you feel regret??

There was a long pause. Obi-Wan turned over onto his back and seemed like he was contemplating. A slow smile spread across his face that made the blood within her veins run cold. Tiny wrinkles appeared at the corners of his eyes as he grinned and said with child-like satisfaction. ?That I did a bad thing, Fysinia.?

Her body jarred and she quickly asked another question, hoping she wouldn?t lose this train of thought from him. ?What did you do, Obi-Wan??

?I flooded my classroom and I burned out that sick pervert?s house.? Obi-Wan said and laughed. He stopped and then started again, as though he was trying to be serious but then his concentration on Jedi stoicism was broken. Obi-Wan?s hand flew to his face and he clamped it over his mouth. He shouldn?t be saying these things ? they were going to tell on him. This woman was just trying to be nice, though. He was sleepy and random things flew into his mind and then left just as swiftly. He had liked holding the firestick, the glowing heat radiating off his skin. The light had mesmerized him, holding him there, making him feel like he wasn?t so alone. A small grin again grew on his face under his hand.

N?rell stared down at Obi-Wan. Oh no. What had he done? She had to keep moving, keep him under until she figured out what to do. It was dangerous to just snap a Jedi out of a hypnotic trance and she had to ease him out. Think, think. What else could she ask him about? A question came to mind that she?s been meaning to ask him before he left her care. The old woman; she had been plaguing her since the day it happened. She might not have been the best pilot, but she thought she was all right. Nearly hitting the poor woman had stunned her, and then watching as she leaned in to speak to Obi-Wan was even more disturbing. />
  5. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He had liked holding the firestick, the glowing heat radiating off his skin. The light had mesmerized him, holding him there, making him feel like he wasn?t so alone. A small grin again grew on his face under his hand.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] That was just pure class. You gave me some pyro Obi!

*hugs TF* I love you!!!!!!! :p

Okay, now that was an interesting hypnosis session. Also, I forget, the old woman, when did she appear? (time of night, forgive me)
  6. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    What a cheerful chapter, right from the start. :p

LOL @ the Hungry Hungry Banthas [face_laugh]

The light had mesmerized him, holding him there, making him feel like he wasn't so alone...

..."The search for faith in the Force is absurd, Obi-Wan?"

"It is if everyone dies alone."

Hmmmm...

The calm before the storm sure is a freaky one.
  7. Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Master

star 4
    I LUBBED IT! Although...you missed a part of the hypno-session. :eek: !
  8. Psycho-Freak Jedi Master

star 4
    The Council must be informed.
    Run Obi, run!

What does that old lady think she's doing by whispering creepy things to Obi-Wan. Shoo! [face_plain]

Great as always!
  9. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek:

[face_love] :D :eek: :(

[face_shocked]

:( :( :(

Lovely! :D [face_love] *don't you like how I reply?* [face_mischief]
  10. KrystalBlaze Force Ghost

star 5
    Stunning, absolutely stunning! The description and portrayal of words was mesmerizing! Good job, keep up the fantastic work! This fic is so excellent, I'm in love with it! Truly brilliant job! More soon, I hope! :D You have a way with words that nothing can match.

*sigh*

Not even me.

*sigh*
  11. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Bwa hah hah. [face_devil]

Oh, c'mon - you know I had ya goin' for a second, there. ;) :p

New chapter tomorrow along with replies. :)

TF
  12. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *burns the entire thread*

Just imitating pyro Obi.

That's what you get for your little prank. ;)

:p
  13. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    ::Saves story posts, then throws firewood onto fire started by Jedi_Suzuran::

WE LOVE PYRO OBI!

:p
  14. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

Nooo! Not my glorious thread! :eek: :p

Post tonight - I promise. Sorry, I completely forgot yesterday. Some... odd events happened.

TF
  15. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WE LOVE PYRO OBI!

We sure do, JediClare, we sure do!

So give us more, missy! :mad: [face_mischief] [face_devil]
  16. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry about the delay. :( This was a really hard one to write for some reason.

Chapter Seventeen
    Slipping Away
    1 Day Remains

Breena rolled her eyes at Plo Koon. At any other moment, she would not dare this blasphemous action, but this was not any situation. It seemed that she was exempt from any and all Jedi protocol, now. ?With all due respect,? she hissed, not meaning the common phrase at all, ?why exactly do you feel that I should be removed from my position as training to be an instructor??

Plo Koon sighed and flipped through the relatively empty datapad containing her records closed. Breena suspected that, like always, they always just skimmed over the words as they were trying to tell you the news that you were being cut away like a tumor just for the effect and something to glance at other than your eyes. ?Breena, I don?t have time to get into a debate about this. The Council has made their decision known. I just wanted to clear a few things up before you leave.?

?You call THIS clarity?? Breena glowered at him and then glanced out the window, her jaw grinding and her eyes dark with anger, ?There is nothing clear about this situation. You have no reason to remove me from my chosen path of instructing students in the Temple.?

?Well, perhaps if you don?t like it, you?d rather you leave the Jedi all together? Try your hand at teaching on other? planets?? he gazed down at her, fully knowing her history of having never left Coruscant. By now she was terrified to venture far away from the Temple on the enormous city planet.

Breena felt a screaming rage bubbling up through her chest and clenched her hands in her lap. She wanted to screech, she wanted to pound her fists on the table and demand an explanation. But she could do nothing. She turned her head back to him, his cold, unfeeling eyes with their look of total and complete apathy. And it reminded her.

?We?re losing these children to apathy, Master Koon. While we?re all hiding in our ivory towers teaching them to look at the very people they?re told to protect with a mixture of pity and disdain?? she paused, glaring coldly into his eyes, willing him to feel something. But in the end, he didn?t feel anything ? he was too far detached in his world of comfort and his seat on the Council. ?they?re slipping away.?

?That?s all well and good, Breena. You can finish out the end of the schedule today, if you wish.? Koon threw the datacard unceremoniously to the other side of his desk and crossed his hands pleasantly, waiting for her to leave. When she didn't he said to her, "I am sorry that you failed as a teacher. Please accept this."

And then she did leave.

She shot out of the office and blindly stormed past dozens of Jedi, slamming her shoulders into some as she fought her way through the crowd, reaching a small alcove, she paused, taking a few deep breaths, but she couldn?t stop the rage swelling up inside of her and she shot towards the stairs next to her, climbing and climbing until she reached the top of the spire and ripped open the door.

The air was harsh and it stung her face as it whipped through the high altitudes. She didn?t feel it but instead slamming the door shut, backing blindly backward until she hit the railing around the huge, circular balcony. And she screamed. She felt as though her lungs would burst, but she screamed and screamed until the anger in her died down to a manageable level. Hot tears coursed down her cheeks as she replayed Koon?s words over in her mind, sloshing them through her thoughts like a malevolent acid. She calmed and looked around trying to see if anyone had seen her outburst.

A small girl with pale lavender strands for hair and a rather milky green color for skin sat in stunned silence, a tray of food sitting in front of her. Breena started, staring at the child with a mixture of sadness and embarrassment. She must have to walk a long way just to get here for a simple lunch, she thought, her eyes soft. Chrena. That was the girl?s name. In fact, she w/>
  17. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    1 day left, huh?

You're evil, leaving it there. Only a few hours left for Obi, so, uh, is you-know-who gonna appear any time soon? :p

I quite liked the chap, TF. :D
  18. KrystalBlaze Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek: Really good part! I loved the way you described everything. You're so evil for leaving us with one hour left. :_| Poor Obi. So much...
  19. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Ladies and gentlemen! The Winter Fanfiction Awards voting has begun. :D All the Hours is up for Reader's Choice Most Creative - so go! Okay, so I'm begging - but c'mon. ;) Go off and vote for all the loveliness. :)

THE MADNESS
  20. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm. If I don't command you all, I don't seem to get replies... let's try this again.

REPLY, MY FIENDS!!

TF
  21. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
  22. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *burns thread again*

Hey, it was a reply. [face_mischief] [face_devil]
  23. Dally Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no!! What next?? Can't wait till the next post!
  24. Psycho-Freak Jedi Master

star 4
    [reply]

?Everything will never be all right.? he whispered to himself, staring down at the desk. :(

Only a few hours left huh?
    *cues ominous music*
    I can't wait to see what's in store for our favorite Living Receiver. :D

[/reply]
  25. TheFallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Telling you all to reply really does work. :eek: [face_laugh]

Even if it was "*replies*"

DORKS! :p

TF
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.