All the Wrong Places--an Ani/Ami fic; COMPLETED 10/01!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DarthIshtar, Aug 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes."
    ~Leia Organa

This is a story of how Padme found her hero when he was all the right wrong places at the right time. :)

Anyone interested? I have challenged myself to dabble in the dark side and write an entire mush fic, then go back and write the same way I always have, sentimentally sadistic.

But for now, let me know if you're interested in reading and I'll post soon.
  2. starwarsfan1000 Jedi Master

star 4
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Cool stuff. I'll post for the first time after I have work 9-12.
  4. Clarus Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh, it's up already! Can't wait to read, Ish. :)
  5. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    Ishie's writing mush?!? This should be cool! I'd love to see you write mush! I'm definitely hooked! Can't wait! I'm positive it'll be good!

AQ
  6. Darth Zane Jedi Master

star 4
  7. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I'm guessing that Jedi-Jae has fainted dead away.
  8. Jedi-Jae Force Ghost

star 4
    *rubs bump on head where it hit the floor*

My master is writing mush! I'm so proud!

*does the Padawan Victory dance*
  9. DarkLady27 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm interested :) ........ great job already ;) ........ (shrinks back)
  10. CeNedra Jedi Knight

star 1
    Of /course/ I'm interested! *pulls out a large popcorn and a box of fudge pops for the readers, adding a box of Lucky Charms for Ishy* Mmmmmm, delicious, yummily mush. Can't wait :)
  11. ThatJediGirl Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Yorthen Jedi Knight

star 3
    How are you going to survive this one? Killing off lots of minor characters? :)
    Eagerly awaiting the first post!
  13. Chocos_Ramabotti Jedi Master

star 4
    Three words: Start. To. Write !! Or four: Please !!! :D :D :D
  14. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Yay, it's so nice to see my bitter, cynical, but hopeful readers here as well and a few new faces.

::Stands up.::

HI! I'm Kathryn. People call me Kaki, Kax, Lady DI, the HM (Homicidal Missionary), Ish, and Ishy. If you have any other cute nicks for me other than sadistic witch-monster from hell...let me know! And I'm addicted to dark fics, so this is my challenge to keep me versatile.

People, I can't post yet because my mood is FAR too bad for a light-hearted fic. I'm even on the verge of killing Kaiya Solo I'm so mad. I rode my bike to work with no problems except the fact that I left my purse at home in my rush and couldn't get breakfast. Then, after work, I'm a mile and a half away from the office when my entire front tire comes off and somehow the tubing has wrapped itself like a knot around the front assembly. Meanwhile, I'm laying in the ditch the bike dumped me into, bleeding in numerous places and fighting the urge to swear profusely. Finally, I drag myself to my feet and carry the bike the mile and a half to the nearest point of civilization. I then called every person in Provo with a car that I know well, but they were all away from their apartment. So I called the place where I BOUGHT the bike YESTERDAY and said, "here's the deal...how do I fix it?" "Oh, just bring it in to the store and we'll fix it for you." I burst into tears. "I can't possibly carry a bike 5 miles in 90-degree weather so you can fix it for two minutes." But they couldn't do anything about that. This lady then walks over from her table (I was at a chinese restaurant's pay phone) and goes, "I think it would fit in my trunk and we're about to leave. Can we help?" So they shove my bike in the trunk and drive me to Outdoors Unlimited, where the tech pulls out two thorns embedded in the tire and says, "There's your problem." Apparently, even though I rode on Route 189 the entire time, not even using sidewalks, I got two thorns in my tire, which punctured the tubing and let the air out very slowly, so by mile 6.5, it fell off. Then I get home to discover that my roommate had locked me out of our apartment and was at the Kimball Tower doing her research paper. I had no keys. But I found an RA and got in, so here I am. ANd I still haven't eaten breakfast or lunch.

THAT is why I am incapable of starting the mushfic today.
  15. Clarus Jedi Master

star 4
    *passes the chocolate* Ouch. Poor you! Go cry and eat lunch, and feel better!
  16. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I had some Mexican food and sang music, so I'm happier now, so here's the first post. This is 10 years post-TPM
    "Watch your back!"

Anakin Skywalker whirled, firing at his attacker before ducking behind a partition. A blast hit just millimeters from his left ear, indicating it was time to find better cover.

Dropping into a crouch, he moved stealthily across the thirty yards separating him from a wrecked speeder bike. Ten degrees to his right, he could see Padme, biding her time until she could get a clean shot at their enemy.

Even in a skirmish, she was nothing if precise.

He saw her eyes narrow and she sighted in, pegging a foeman in the abdomen. Another one took a shot in the leg.

He was crossing the short distance at a half-crouched sprint when the remaining opponent got her in his sights.

Lunging forward, Anakin tackled her to the ground. The shot spattered off the wall harmlessly.

"Sith, Skywalker," the young woman called, clearly irked, "it's just paintball."

Anakin heard Obi-wan snort. "It's life. He thinks even that's competitive."

"I'd hate to see him relaxed."

Anakin looked down to see Padme's eyes full of amusement. "I had to save the damsel in distress," he countered.

The smile spread to her lips in a wry grin. "As always, my Knight."

"Not yet."

"In time," she promised.

She reached up to brush a strand of sandy blond hair from his eyes, then moved her hand to cup his cheek.

"Anakin," she said softly.

He sucked in his breath at the familiar glow that her utterance caused. It was pubescent, and wretchedly sentimental, but still magic.

"Yes?"

"Are you going to get off of me or were you getting comfortable?"

He felt the heat rise in his cheeks, so he pulled a straight face and got to his knees. "My apologies, my lady."

She pushed into a sitting position and patted him affectionately on the shoulder. "I don't mind the position as much as the lack of oxygen."

He sent her a fliratious wink and was pleased to see her blush. "I'll have to keep that in mind for the future."

"Should we, ah, leave you two alone?"

They both looked up to see Tizar Nan, one of Anakin's fellow apprentices, Obi-wan, and Sabe grinning at them.

"They need chaperones," Sabe informed Ti. "You'll remember what happened at the Sarkan reception. They were doing so much of nothing that they fell off a balcony."

"It was his fault," Padme protested, laughing. "He made me laugh so hard that I fell over."

"It's your fault that you pulled me over with you," Anakin countered indignantly. "It's lucky we were over the reservoir."

Obi-wan shook his head in feigned disgust. "Look at the two of them. It's tragic, really. Hopelessly in love."

"Am not," Padme called.

Her immediate rebuke stung Anakin more than he would have expected. It was true that they had been friends for ten years and there was little chance of that changing.

Over the past year, however, as Padme spent all of her time on Coruscant as the Naboo senator, he hoped they had grown closer. Their friendship had certainly deepened and matured, but it didn't seem to be going any further.

Anakin stood and offered a hand to Padme. She clasped his in a firm grip and he pulled her to her feet.

"Your choice next month," he reminded her.

Once a month, they convened to take a break from reality for a few hours, to forget that they were supposed to be heroes. The activities had ranged from concerts to hang-gliding.

"No," Ti groaned. "If I see JEDI: THE MUSICAL one more time, I'll have to exterminate the order."

Padme grinned. "I have something a lot better."

"Not SENATORS: THE MUSICAL," Sabe pleaded.

"Don't give her any ideas," Obi-wan ordered. "So, what is it?"

She folded her arms, indignant. "I'm not telling you after that. Just be at the Senate Arboretum one month from now at the usual time."

Obi-wan shook his head with a sigh. "I have a bad feeling about this."

Anakin linked one arm through hers and offered the
  17. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Okay, that was short, stupid, and random, but it's the beginning of a story. Ti, obviously is an original character of mine. She will be a presence in this story. I've always wanted to write SW characters in paintball, so that's why...
  18. starwarsfan1000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good start. :)

Singing something no sane person would want me to do.

Looks at clock, sees its after eight, gotta go water flowers.

Again, looks good. :)
  19. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I grew up doing children's choirs, musicals, family sextets, oratorios, and doing odd things like singing Gilbert and Sullivan arias in the bathroom at the Metropolitan Opera House in NYC at the age of 6. I love singing and our concert is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I got a new dress for it because the orchestra (for one of the 17th century pieces) has to be in floor-length concert black and the only black dresses I have are either from me 35 pounds heavier or knee-length. So I went to Mr. Mac and found this very svelte v-neck floor-length that I'll be wearing tomorrow night.
  20. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    :D :D :D :D :D ::AQ screams and claps with delight::

Wonderful start Ishie!!! So this has a little bit of Sabe/Obi in it too? Cool!! Ani/Ami and Sabe/Obi are awesome!!!!

Oowie! Sounds like your day wasn't exactly the best. Well, in case you are still not feeling so good b/c of it, here are several posters of Obi-Wan, Anakin, Qui-Gon, along with tons of clones of Palpy to relieve the stress!

Again, great start!!! Keep it up!

AQ
  21. Jedi-Jae Force Ghost

star 4
    Great start, Ish! Light-hearted and fun, and I like the new character. Are you going for double mush - Ani/Padme and Sabe/Obi?

Cute flirting between Ani and Padme - that wouldn't happen to be inspired by a certain ankle-obsessed person, would it? ;)
  22. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Yes! That was wonderful, Ish :D Esp. for someone who would rather serve them angst-surprise every night ;) The flirting and unresolved sexual tension always make for an interesting story! Love it!

aa :)
  23. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Haha, J-J. No. I wonder how he'll like me with the gashes on my legs and ankles? (Background: there's a guy who keeps staring at my ankles every time I see him and my roommate thinks it means we're supposed to get married. We call him Ankle-Boy) The flirting was inspired by spending way too much time with my best friend Jess and her fiance.

AA, welcome back to the real world. When are you going to grace us at AKOTO? Glad you like it so far.

24. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I forgot to mention the O/S thing. It, most likely, will not be a major factor in this story, though it will be discussed somewhat, later.

If you've read The Other Half (and if you haven't, I selfishly encourage it), I'm going to take several of the events and situations mentioned by Anakin or Amidala's journals from Parts 1 and 2. Not all of this will be mushy and most likely, I'll still depress the heck out of everyone here, but...bear with me.
  25. DarkLady27 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful start! I liked the paintball :p I should try that game sometime.... ?[face_plain] The interaction between Ani/Ami..... is great! I'm glad that your better (hands you a dark flower)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.