main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All These Years: J/J Post-DNT AU Short Story - Far-Future Romance *~COMPLETED 12/15~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TelannaTani, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Title: All These Years
    Author: Telanna?tani
    Timeframe: 69 Years ABY
    Notes: Jag?ged Fel and Jaina Solo meet again after 30 years of separation. Can they move beyond the past to face their future? :D
    Disclaimer: I own nothing Star Wars. It all belongs to the big cheese, George Lucas.

Special thanks to Shinar and BigFatty for being my lovely Beta-ladies! [:D]

This should be a fairly short story. I?ll try to post twice a week until we?re done. Should keep us busy for the next month.
    Hope you enjoy! :D
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

A sweet, spring rain trickled down the window of his suite, captivating his attention in the midst of mounds of memory. Mesmerized, Jagged Fel was a captive of the past, reliving all of his more than sixty years in the span of a heartbeat. His life with the Ascendancy passed by ? clawcraft, Star Destroyers, Chiss Defender-class starships, wars and battles won and lost. First he fought and then taught others to fight. Family, friends, and colleagues all lost, passed before him, unbidden. He sighed. Life had been full and satisfactory ? that should have been enough.

But somehow it wasn?t.

A beautiful face flashed before his eyes - his wife. In his mind?s eye, he saw her smile at him, her blonde hair framing her face as it moved in a soft breeze. A small smile found its way to Jag?s face as he thought of her. She had been the Ambassador to the Chiss Ascendancy from the Galactic Alliance, ironically enough. A diplomat and peacemaker, Cala Denex was charming and friendly, teaching him a tremendous amount about diplomacy and mediation. The beautiful Corellian had a love for life - and for peace - that was infectious. After years of war, that mentality had been so refreshing. When he met her, he knew immediately that she embodied the Corellian spirit his parents had left behind so many years ago. Her life raised in privilege and money had somewhat calmed that spirit, but she had her moments. As rough as a kryat dragon one minute or as soft and gentle as a myrcat the next, Cala Fel had been a force to be reckoned with in negotiations and in life. She was straight and true in all she did, like Jag. She loved his family and his way of life. Most of all, she loved Jag with all her heart. She was predictable, stable, and safe. She had been the perfect companion.

Jagged Fel knew he was a very lucky man. He should have been happy. And he was, in a way.

They had two beautiful children together, Cherith Dona Fel and Gavin Chak Fel They were a happy family. Yet no matter how hard he tried, Jag was never completely satisfied. Their marriage was often on the rocks, strained and stretched until their love was almost unrecognizable. Finally, one night, years of pain and regret came crashing down on the young Fel family. Eyes full of tears, Cala had jumped in the family speeder determined to outrun her swiftly breaking heart. Instead, she?d gotten lost in what was afterwards called the ?Storm of the Century? and was one of 5,000 casualties of the blizzard, probably buried in nearly 50 standard meters of snow and ice. They?d never recovered the body.

And so Jag had been left with his memories, his regrets, and two children to raise.

Now even the children were gone. They?d moved their separate ways and an entire galaxy had separated them, both relocating to Corellia: Cherith with her piloting skills and Gavin with his diplomacy and quick, business wit. Jag was proud of his children and loved them with all his might, but he hadn?t been ready to leave Chiss space, his home and people for so many years. They?d loved Csilla, but their mother had always enticed them with stories and visits to home. It had only been two weeks ago that Cherith had finally convinced him to retire to Corellia and live near her and her growing family. Now he could hear her behind him, rummaging through his closet, preparing for the move.

Sitting on the side of

2. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Okay, I am revealing a secret, but I really like this idea![face_love]

I really want to see them being back together, and a setup like this sounds very believable. Please let this have a happy ending.

cheers,
    VeryBusy

3. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    i loved that post. is there a pm list, if so cam i plz be added?

4. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Wow, love it.

Could I be added to the PM list if there is one?

DL Purple Pencil

5. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Add me too please. :)

6. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I'm hooked...great start!

7. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    She just? stood there for a minute in what looked like a shocked silence. Finally, she looked me in the eyes again and said ?I see,? rather weakly. She thanked me and the Ascendancy again for our aid before turning crisply and marching back onto her ship to effect repairs. I didn?t see her again, only Master Durron.

Poor Jaina.:(

Poor Cherith, yet she is a smart girl. I feel bad for Kyp. If Jaina felt things for Jag still, he must have been jipped.

Exelent start, and great idea for a fic.=D=

8. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :)Cool Story!! Can you PM me if there is more. Thanks!

9. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    Loved Cherith pushing her father into seeing Jaina. Can't wait for next post.

10. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I love this can't wait to see how it works out.

11. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Voz, I love it! Well, not so much that Jaina & Jag have been apart for 30 years.;)

The idea is creative and I like that Jag moved on and had a life, but still has a chance for more. Nice work with the father-daughter relationship, Cherith is great and love her for wanting her dad to be happy, even if it is with someone other than her mom(OC=yeah!).

'night
    jaYna

12. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Good start, Padawan. I'm excited to see where you take this story from here.

13. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Beautiful start.

Jag's conflict was so wonderfully described. I loved when Jaina found out Cherith's last name- :_|

I'm glad Jag has someone so supportive to urge him on.

I can't wait to see Jaina's perspective. Please let me know when you update, I'd really hate to miss this.

[face_love]

14. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    Wow! Thanks for reading, everyone! While I?m not sure this is my ideal way for Jag and Jaina to get back together, the little plot bunny dug in and just wouldn?t bug off! I?m glad you guys are liking it so far. I should have more up on Friday.

Now for replies:

verybusy: ? Thanks for reading! Don?t worry, your secret?s safe with me![face_shhh] But no promises on the happy ending? [face_devil]

_sticks: Glad you like it. You have started it ? consider yourself listed. :D

darkladypurplepencil: Thank you for stopping by, DLPP! Glad you?re enjoying it. You?re on the list! [face_peace]

JainaJag14: Thanks for reading! You?re added to the list. :)

Jedi-Jade: Glad to hear it! Thanks for your comments. :cool:

JagsEternalFlame: I know what you mean. It?s sad to think that she?s been haunted by this for so long. But then, it was at least partially her fault. Still hurts, though. But don?t worry too much about Kyp. I think they were cool. Wait for the next post. Great comments ? thanks so much! :)

G_Anakin: There is more! You?ll hear from me soon. ;)

Lyne: Thanks for coming, Lyne! I?m glad you like it. The next post is one of my favorites? [face_batting]

ccp: Welcome, brother padawan! Hopefully you?ll continue to like it as time goes on. [face_cowboy]

jaynasolofel: Wow! One of my favorite peoples coming to read my story! :eek: Thanks! Here?s a secret: the story was actually inspired by a song. It?s called Always On Your Side ? a duet by Sheryl Crow and Sting. GREAT SONG. After I heard it, this just stuck! I?m really glad you like Cherith. Right now, this could be her only part in the story, but I?m not quite done writing it yet, so there?s time. I may have to figure out a way to kick her back in there somehow?. Thanks, Specs! [:D]

BigFatty: Thanks for stopping by and reading. I?m so excited about working with you! I think you?ll like the next post too. [:D]

padawanlost: Almost missed you! Thanks for your comments. That whole Cherith/Jaina interaction had ME choked up when I was writing it. Glad to have you on board! You've been added to the list! [face_love] back to you!

Next post should be Friday. It?s time to catch up with Jaina! Also, if anyone else would like to be added to the PM list, please post or PM me! Thanks all! [face_love]

15. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    More thanks to my Master and Beta: BigFatty!

The fire consumed his body and all that was stable in her life.

The darkness was lit by the flames, illuminating the many faces gathered to pay their respects to the great man and Jedi Master.

She was his partner, he was her refuge Forever she knew he loved her, but her heart had belonged to another. He had loved her anyway ? loved her enough to let her go. And when she had come back ? back from death and from Zekk - ruined and in pieces, he loved her as a friend and brother, lifting her from the mire and helping to rebuild her life. He stood by her through it all ? the death of their Masters, her parents and many friends and family. Battle and wars, won and lost ? he was there.

No more.

Months of gazing at his empty Council chair, months of time spent next to his bed, reading reports, talking, and slowly watching him fade. ?It is the Will of the Force,? he said. As the disease had eaten away at his frail form, she had conceded the point, all the while hating the truth. He was too young to rejoin the Force; only seventy-six. Jedi should live much longer, even human Jedi.

But such was not Kyp Durron?s fate.

She sighed, feeling every one of her sixty years. She tenderly pushed her graying hair behind her ears as her gaze shifted to each of those gathered around the pyre house, registering each one and acknowledging their presence and support in her mind. Many faces, all familiar, looking from the fire to her, recognizing her grief and respecting it. With some mirth, she realized they regarded her as Kyp?s widow. She decided it was a fitting description.

Jaina Solo never knew a more loyal friend and partner. They were never physically intimate, and yet were more mentally intimate than most Jedi companions ? linking their minds and hearts so often they eventually become part of one another.

That part of her died with him.

She pulled the living Force into her, as he helped her to do so long ago, allowing it to fill her spirit with its peace. He was there; his presence reassuring her that he would never truly be gone. With a deep breath of acceptance, she reached out to those around the pyre; a silent thank you for their support as she bid them go. As the Jedi began to silently file out in ones and twos, she stretched her feelings, taking in the whole pyre house and letting the raw emotions beat against her like the raging waves of a turbulent ocean.

Her eyes flew open at the touch of a familiar presence; her heartbeat quickened as the air was stolen from her lungs. Her stomach lurched in a way it hadn?t in years ? decades, really. She searched the crowd, barely containing her frightened excitement.

There. In the back, hidden in shadow behind the fifty or more beings gathered to pay respects, he stood staring at the pyre. As if he could feel her eyes upon him, he turned his head towards her. Suddenly she was once again swimming in the deep green orbs that had at once captured her soul and held it for all time. The scar was still there, above his right eye, receding into a now nearly grey head of hair. His gaze was intense and purposeful, but short. As the pyre house steadily emptied, he turned back to watch as the fire continued to consume his long time friend?s body.

Jaina knew the two men had kept in touch after Borleias. She heard of his marriage and watched him move on with his life. She lost track of the lives and careers of his children over the years, painfully aware that they should have been hers. She always knew if she wanted to reach him, she could. But she never had. She wanted his happiness, she told herself. In reality, it was probably her fear that prevented a reunion ? a fear she tried desperately to keep in check. Kyp told her time and again that until she faced that fear, it would always hold sway over her. Kyp never told her about him, accept on the rare occasions she had asked. She knew he had devoted his life to the training of the n

16. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Ah to be young and in love. More or less any way.

Great update!

17. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Love it! I look foward to Tuesday!

18. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    *Big smile* I knew it would get even better ;)

I really like the wy you let them act s teenagers again, while they are able to realize what they are doing at the very same time. This is just cute...[face_blush]

Can't wait for more.

cheers,

VeryBusy

19. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    As he averted his eyes, she smiled a warm smile and chuckled lightly. ?Thank you. It?s nice to know a girl?s still got it what it takes.? Their eyes met, green against brown, intertwined, fixed, intense. It was all he could do not to take her cheek in his hands and kiss her then and there.

I love the banter and flirting in that section. Can't wait to see how they interact in the next post.

20. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter:)

21. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    ?Oh, stow it. If you hate the idea, then why are you smiling??

Her grin was his only reply.

?That?s what I thought. Now go sleep.?
    Great banter in this section. I loved the flirting between the two of them. [face_love]

?Goodnight, Admiral.?

?Goodnight, Goddess.?
    Awww, that is so romantic. Even after all those years...*sigh* Perfect.

Dinner? I can't wait. Beautifully written, TT, and thanks for the PM. [:D]

22. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    ?Let?s change the subject.?

It was Jag?s turn to smile. ?I didn?t know we were talking.?

Her features softened. ?Did we ever need words?? It was more statement than question.

Jag gently reached out to slip a stray hair back into place behind her ear. His finger brushed her cheek, sending a jolt of electricity throughout his body. ?I suppose not.?

[face_love] the flirting! They never did need words, but I can't help but feel warm inside watching how in love they still are. Its a beautiful thought, though bittersweet knowing they should have lived their entire lives together.

Can't wait for tuesday. I hope for Jag's sake Cherith's still up. =D=

23. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Wow. Far-Future Romance indeed.

This is different but a good different. I'm not sure I've read anyone else jump this far into the future with these two. I like how there's a definite wisdom and age with them, but that there's still traces of who we've known them to be. That first post especially drew me in.

Believable set up.... well-written... I definitely look forward to future posts.

Nice job, TelannaTani.

24. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Beautiful, beautiful! [face_love]

I love that they're acting like teenagers. This is a beautiful story, Voz. Cherith's character is as strong as her father's and Jaina's. It is so touching that Jag stayed in touch with Kyp, as well.

Your writing has a lovely emotional sense to it. I'm looking forward to more!

oldj

25. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Awesome story :D

Can't wait for Tuesday :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.