main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All These Years: J/J Post-DNT AU Short Story - Far-Future Romance *~COMPLETED 12/15~*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TelannaTani, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    Love the way you're writing Gavin and Jaina. I think it would be forced and not very realistic if they hit if off the bat immediately. Can't wait to see Jag and Jaina talk next week.

2. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Aha! I was right! They are moving there!

I'm glad that Jaina and Gavin finally talked. I hope that it helped.

"Hydrospanner?" [face_laugh] That was great. I can't wait until they talk and, hopefully, make up.

Great post, Jess, and thanks for the PM. [:D]

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

Excellent conversation between Jaina and Gavin. I like that he didn't just roll over.

4. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I know! I was heartbroken at first about having to wait another week, but you definitely make up for it with you writing, so it's totally worth it. No worries.

?What do you know of my mother?? He did not hide the contempt and malice in his voice. Not that she could blame him ? in her position, she?d probably react the same way.

I really like Jaina's reaction there. It's a subtle way of showing her age and wisdom. She finally realizes she'd do the same thing... and she definitely would too if she were in his position.

I'm glad Gavin and Jaina got to have it out before the went to Jag.

And that was a lot of impressive technology/space those Fels have.

?Hydrospanner??
    You always stop at the best places!

[face_shame_on_you] :D

5. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Wonderful description of the Gavin-Jaina encounter! I could picture the whole thing playing out, just like a movie. (From me, that's a compliment...I'm a very "visual" person!)

Kids can be such a pain about protecting their parents sometimes. I do sense Gavin softening up a little, though. That's hopeful!

Great ending! "Hydrospanner?" [face_laugh] [face_laugh] So much like a H/L exchange. Loved it! And can't wait for Jag's reaction. After all, he's been sneaking around building this lavish estate (and even a hidden base for the Jedi, for Sith's sake!). Jag? You got some explaining to do!

oldj

6. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Well worth the wait!

I loved the intensity of Jaina and Gavin's conversation. Great drama. Jaina had a great point: there isn't anyone in the galaxy better qualified to deal with a stubborn Corelian than she is.

Interesting little hideaway the Fel's have built here. Great details on the shield, and I loved the hint of pride in Gavin's voice as he described it to Jaina. I wonder where this is going to lead our heroes? Should I be looking over my shoulder for the Sith?

I have a feeling that Jag's about to get much more than a hydrospanner...

[face_love]

7. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Great update.... =D= I really loved the conversation between Gavin and Jaina and I really like it that you let them work this out before she is meeting with Jag again.

Anyway, I cannot wqait for the next update now [face_batting] ....

cheers,

veryBusy

8. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    TelannaTani,

OOOO I loved the Gavin/Jaina scene, I really enjoy that the tension here is the emotional type over that from imminent peril, yet all the details and tech really make it feel so SW. And good for Gavin to not be won over by one conversation, but for Jaina's sake I hope he does eventually accept her.

Watch out Jag... you buy a Falcon class (loved that) ship - you are always going to need a Solo to fix it.

Wonderful update.

jaYna

9. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    TT

Loads of good details here. From the post before which was a great introduction to the rest of Jag's family--Cala's nuances was a great addition. Nothing breaks the ice better than a child..

As for the talk between Jaina and Gavin---details again, the rellafield is great, as well the discussion about having a means of protecting Jedi agains the Sith.

I can't wait for the Jaina Jag discussion.

Awesome job

10. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Score one for Jaina! Well, two actually. She stuck it to Gavin and got to see Jag. Woot! :)

-Vicster

11. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    So tired.[face_tired]

Can't post, must sleep. *large yawn*

Post first thing tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

12. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    Replies!

Lyne: Thank you! It's always great to hear that I'm being realistic about it. Because most of the time I'm not sure I am. So that's great encouragement. Thanks for stopping by.

JainaJag14: Well, Jag at least. More details in the next post. As for Jaina and Gavin, I think it did, but we'll have to see. As for the last line, it was totally unintentional; just kinda showed up. I think it turned out well! Thanks reading - we're almost done!

ccp: Thanks, Cowboy. I don't think rolling over is in the nature of any Fel man. Thanks for reading.

Solo_and_Fel: Wow, thanks for the great compliment. I hope you feel the same way now that I've made you wait an extra day. I was just WAY to wiped to post last night. Doing these replies is important to me - and I still needed to tweak the post. What I think is funny about Gavin and Jaina is they are actually a lot alike - which is why they butt heads. And I'm glad the technology came off without being cheesy. I always have enjoyed the technicaly aspect of SW and wanted to incorporate a little of that.

As for the ending, I have to have SOME sort of cliffy. :D Without action, we'd all be bored without it. Don't worry, we're nearing the end, so not much more to go!

oldjedinurse:Why thank you! That something we have in common then. When I write, I am trying to describe to you the movie running through my mind's eye. If you join me in the "theater" then I've done my job. That's great to hear!

Yes, I think Jag has a LOT of explaining to do. One reason I haven't posted yet. It still needs... tweaking. Thanks for your continued support!

padawanlost: Well worth the wait! Thank you!! [:D]

Jaina had a great point: there isn't anyone in the galaxy better qualified to deal with a stubborn Corelian than she is.

Exactly my thinking!

Interesting little hideaway the Fel's have built here. Great details on the shield, and I loved the hint of pride in Gavin's voice as he described it to Jaina. I wonder where this is going to lead our heroes? Should I be looking over my shoulder for the Sith?

You know, I have never intended this [short] story to end up an action story. Mostly because some of my writing weaknesses is plot. But as I continue to expand, I could definitely see stories expanding out from this. I love connecting generations. Look in the epilogue for connections to my other fic (and Legacy) - Smoke and Shadow

verybusy:You know, your name reminds me of... me! I hate being late to post, but DRL has just been overwhelming lately! Thanks for your comments. I really thought it was important for them to bash it all out before Jag got involved. We get to see the "kid" side of Gavin in the next post. Thanks for reading!:cool:

jaynasolofel: I really enjoy that the tension here is the emotional type over that from imminent peril, yet all the details and tech really make it feel so SW.

What a fantastic compliment. That made my day! [:D] Thanks you!

And good for Gavin to not be won over by one conversation, but for Jaina's sake I hope he does eventually accept her.

I think the foundation has been laid. Only time will tell. I don't know taht we'll get to see that, though. There's only one post more and an epilogue!

Glad you like the Falcon class ship. I thought it was something fitting that the manufacturer would do. As for the Solo fixing it, now all we need is a Wookie! Thanks for reading!

jade51999: Good to see you, my friend! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I really thought that Cala was just perfect. Another one of those last minute additions that just fell into place, ya know? I'm really glad the techno-talk went over well. Being the daughter of a long time mechanic - and married to a part-time one - I get it alot. I wanted it to be realistic. I hope the Jaina/Jag discussion is all you want it to be. :p Thanks, Jade!

Master_Vicky: Jaina's had quite

13. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    A/N: Yes, folks, we are nearing the end of this beautiful journey. This is currently set to be the last post of the story (not counting the epilogue), but who knows where my muse may take me. I want to thank all of your for riding through this with me. Your comments and encouragement have helped me keep going. This one?s for you. [:D]

~~

?Good. Send her down with the hydrospanner.? Jagged Fel was tired of working on this mechanical mess. Cherith insisted on flying the Night Hawk like a starfighter and not the aging freighter it was. The tendency probably stemmed from too many hours spent in a simulator from the time she was able to walk. When she happened to marry the son of the YT-4300?s designer, Jag had known that the rickety, old freighter would once again be in his life. The problem was, the YT-4300 had the same quirks as the original Falcon. Hence why Jag was now entangled in the depths of the ship?s access hatch.

A quick movement behind him caught his attention. The only sound was a soft thud, almost mistaken for a heartbeat, but Jag instinctively knew he was no longer alone. He disengaged himself from the actuator assembly and turned to look at the new arrival. Shock was not a common emotion for Jagged Fel; in fact, he could think of only a handful of instances in his entire life that would have qualified for the term. This was definitely one of them.

?Hydrospanner??

The first thought that came as his mind jerked back into motion was how typically Jaina the whole situation was. The second thought was his response. ?That explains the entrance, I suppose.? Not the best greeting in history, but the only one that spilled out. Still suffering from a shock-induced haze, he took the hydrospanner from her hand and turned back to the actuator. He was satisfied with her silent response ? hoping it caused her some distress in return. After adjusting a bolt, he turned back to face her. ?Are you here to help or stand there and admire the scenery?? That seemed to jar her out of her daze.

?Well the scenery was quite engaging.? He ignored where her eyes shifted at the comment and moved back towards where he had been working. Around the equipment he could see her move to the other side of the actuator and begin to move her critical eye over the assembly and his repairs. ?Quite the mess you?ve made here, Fel.? Jag was disappointed to hear her pick up that old nickname her father had graced him with so many years ago. Not a good sign. Wait a minute? shouldn?t I be the one that?s bitter and distant here?

?If there?s a mess, it?s your doing.?

?Me? And why is that, exactly??

?You were the design consultant. Did you purposely put all the quirks and idiosyncrasies of the Falcon in this thing?? He was careful to hide the playful smirk that threatened to make an appearance before switching to a more somber tone. ?The actuator assembly was fried during re-entry. I think my lovely daughter was trying to fly the Hawk like a starfighter again.?

?The Hawk??

?Yes, the Night Hawk. Early on in design discussions, it was deemed that to further honor the Falcon, all of the ships in this class should be named for birds of prey. This particular bird is a native of Drall.? He paused to look at her. ?You didn?t know that??

Jaina shrugged. ?I forgot that part. Your son didn?t mention the name of the ship.? Now fully entrenched in the assembly herself, she began her ministrations in earnest. ?Well, you?ve got that actuator mostly patched up already, but it looks like you?ve lost all of your hydraulic fluid ? which explains the mess. We?re going to need some more. There?s also a crack in the relay here. You don?t happen to have one of those on hand do you??

?I?m not sure.? He twisted so he could see up the access hatch. ?Gavin? Are you done eavesdropping??

Jag turned to wink at Jaina during the silence that followed. She smiled and shook her head in mock shame. By then, Gavin had recovered. ?I wasn?t eav

14. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Snag!

Bravo!=D= Excellent ending. Can't wait to see what you do next.

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I like happy endings :D

16. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :_| *Happy Tears*

?Is that Grampie Fel and Gramma Jaina? Yes, it is!?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

What a beautiful ending! Gavin the eavesdropper... he needs some stealth lessons. [face_laugh]

This was a wonderful story, Voz. I absolutely enjoyed every chapter. The characters you've created here--Jag's family--fit perfectly with Jag and Jaina themselves. It's not difficult to envision this family in this house built from love.

Fantastic job, Voz!

*Waits patiently for the Epilogue, and anything else you feel like writing*

oldj

17. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    ?Who?s that, Cala?? She said to her daughter as she picked her up. ?Is that Grampie Fel and Gramma Jaina? Yes, it is!? She turned and headed out the door and down the stairs to gather their new family together for the first time.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I'm beaming right now. Perfect ending, can't really say more. It's everything we could hope for both of them, and the family.

I hope an epilogue is in order if we have reached the end of our journey. I desperately want to learn more about Cala. You've really made a great family here.

=D=

18. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    I liked how you had them working on the ship together. Loved Gavin getting busted for eavesdropping.

Beautiful story. Can't wait for the epilogue.

19. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    AWWW Voz! I love it- he's her lobster! The best part for me was Gavin and his big ears - that was a great little addition that made the scene so much more sweet and that Cherith she's a smart one - good for her.

It is so nice to have a happy, emotional ending for my favorite couple!

Thanks for sharing this story!!!

'night
    jaYna

20. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Don't worry about the delay again, Telanna'Tani. Not only is it worth the wait again, but I've been having computer troubles so I couldn't even check in on time this week anyay. 8-}

The first thought that came as his mind jerked back into motion was how typically Jaina the whole situation was.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?I?m not sure.? He twisted so he could see up the access hatch. ?Gavin? Are you done eavesdropping??

Jag turned to wink at Jaina during the silence that followed. She smiled and shook her head in mock shame. By then, Gavin had recovered. ?I wasn?t eavesdropping, Dad. Just waiting for instructions.?

Jag Fel doesn't need the force. :D

If he can?t find that relay, we?ll need to fabricate some sort of patch. But I?m sure we can make something work.? Jaina said, not missing a beat.

Do I sense a double-meaning? (Or am I just reading too far in?)

Gone was the irrational young woman that he?d known before. This was a woman refined by years of hardship, joy, pain, battle and peace. Like a fine wine, she was aged to perfection. She was ready and willing to admit her mistakes and move forward. That was the Jaina he knew and loved completely.

I like this Jaina. You've really used the age thing to her advantage here. I really do think Jaina would be all those things.

"I love you, Jag ? with all my heart.? She seemed to fall into the Force for a moment, then refocused. ?You too, Gavin - even if you eavesdrop.?

A small reprieve from the mush. Nothing like bringing the humour back in towards the end.

I have to admit I'm a little sad that this story is ending. I feel like it just started. That was really a beautiful and sweet ending. It was adventurous of you to go with the older J/J and you did a great job with it. I look forward to the epilogue.

=D=

21. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Simply beautiful. I love it, I love it, I love it.

?Is that Grampie Fel and Gramma Jaina? Yes, it is!? Great ending, Jess. I can't wait for the epilogue.

22. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Nicely formulated!

I like how you tied everything together, even with Gavin's evesdropping...

I loved the 'talk' and I loved Jag's daughter's reaction to seeing everything work out.

Bravo!

23. TelannaTani

Jun 28, 2005
    Good grief! How did time get away from me!

I hope to have the epilogue up soon, folks. I'll keep you updated!

[:D] Telanna'tani

24. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    How could I forget to reply to this one. I really loved the ending (Just as "Happy" as I hoped for) :D

Great job, I cannot wait to read the Epilogue though.

cheers,

VeryBusy

25. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I read this all in one sitting, and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it!:D

Truly great job, you're such a fantastic writter.=D=

Can't wait for the epilouge.

~MJ@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.