main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Things Costuming and Costume related! plus meetups!?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Sep 6, 2012.

1. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002

THANK YOU! Thank you! Thank you for all the work you put into everyone's belts!
    I could not be happier with mine!!

2. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Dave - that belt worked perfectly!!! Did I mention that it looks freakin awesome too????

3. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    I must say...IMPRESSIVE! Most impressive!

On my own costume, I just put in an inquiry with JDos for a Qui-Gon Jinn wig and beard set. Still looking at other options as well though.

4. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    BigDanLevitan likes this.
  5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
  6. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
  7. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    BPStoyle - Luke ROTJ belt being made this weekend with that Buckle

Dan and Gil - you guys are getting these next time I'm in

Mother_of_the_Twins - Mom, this is part of the last piece to your belt, I have one last surprise for you ;)

Darth Erebus likes this.
  8. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Thought it best to discuss here: yes, Dave, when QV is promoted to Master he changed up his look to the armored version depicted in the Clone Wars. I would love help with this. It looks like it would require a chest piece with a single shoulder guard. And sometime it appears that he adds bracers to his arm wraps.

9. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    ok! so here is the link to fierfeks main page over on the rpf.com

http://www.therpf.com/f24/fierfeks-star-wars-pepakura-file-development-122071/

and his premium page that has all the super duper goodies, including Vos' armor.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/fierfeks-premium-pepakura-files-pre-vizsla-now-available-149477/

you need to make an account on therpf.com to view the page where he sells everything. the first link everything on there is free.

what i am think is, is that you dont have to make them out of paper then fiberglass. you could use these as templates and make it out of worbla.

maybe make a paper mock up for the test the scaling but other than that id stick with worbla for armor. it is durable, rigid, but also flexible and conformable to your body.

chech it out and let me know what you think!

10. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    there is another file on the premium page of obi-wans armor. maybe a mix of vos and the extra bits from obi-wan would work.

11. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks! I will check these out when I get home.

12. RingoStarrkiller

RingoStarrkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Project that's been under wraps. And no, not Yoda.
    [​IMG]

13. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Good luck Steve! If you need a hand let me know

14. RingoStarrkiller

Sep 5, 2012
    {quote]
    Good luck Steve! If you need a hand let me know[/quote]

Thanks Dan! Everything's been on the drawing board for a while, and I'm scoping out materials so far. But progress is progress.

15. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    what about your pilot???

16. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    something that is useful for everyone building costumes and armor!

[​IMG]

i have seen people do whole body forms and they come in VERY handy when designing and making armor and not having to bend in an awkward way to work on yourself.

and as a note to anyone who does it... use GOOD duct tape. as poor quality duct tape will burst!

mrkobay and lgtsbr like this.
  17. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    BobaChris12 and Darth Erebus like this.
  18. RingoStarrkiller

Sep 5, 2012
    This should be fun..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BobbyFromBUF likes this.
  19. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    If I can be of help man, let me know. I have some belt buckle greeblies kicking around

Dave

20. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    Much luck with the StarKiller costume

21. mrkobay

mrkobay Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2010
    This is a great idea - I would have never thought of it! Thanks!

22. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    I'm starting an Anakin pod racer costume for my son. I have found a helmet that was made in '99 made by Don Post. I think with a few minor modifications it will look very close to the movie helmet.
    [​IMG]
    As for the tunic. I don't suppose anyone would know where I can find the course burlap type material that he wears? I will try Jo Anne's but I'm not sure if they would have it. Also I'm not sure about his shoes. They kind of look like a light tan colored suede, but I have no idea where to find shoes like that. I will start by looking at thrift stores. If anyone has any experience sewing tunics (I think it is very similar to farmer Luke's tunic) I would really appreciate some advice or patterns!
    Thanks!

23. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Joann's does have fabric like that- check the clearance/remnants section and the Home Decor Fabric. Check out the varieties of muslin they may have as well. I found a nice course fabric for my Boushh cape in the clearance section and have seen a taupe/beige colored one there frequently. Be sure to wash it a few times first to soften it up so it will hang properly.

Check thrift stores for boots/shoes but keep in mind you can find plain shoes - any color- even with designs- and just cover them with fabric to make them match. - again, check the remnant section for the fabric. This can be done with spray adhesive (again, can find at Joanns- check the floral and leather sections) or hot glue. As far as the top of the boots part, you can make a piece to slide over (think leg warmers) or even make wraps.

I hope that helps!!

Spice Smuggler likes this.
  24. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    Wow, what a great helmet! I was thinking about the boots, and I was wondering if some ladies Ugg boots (without the fur trim) might look right. Just a thought.

Spice Smuggler likes this.
  25. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013

Thanks, that all sounds like great advice. I especially like the idea about the shoes and leg warmers! I'll head over to Joann's to look at fabric in the next few days, and be sure to wash whatever I get so that it will hang properly.