All Things Costuming and Costume related! plus meetups!?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    I also would like our tribe to have a WNY theme; inspired by the ice, snow, the Falls perhaps, and maybe even buffalo. I like the tribe sigil or icon that is being discussed! And, I am thinking of using a color palate of white and grey as well with blue accents. And having a Wampa and a Tauntaun pelt with its horns (ala a buffalo -- I know, not the same kind of horns but it is the spirit of it).
    BigDanLevitan likes this.
  2. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I will be home next weekend. If everyone that wants to be a mando would like to get together and chat let me know. Sunday would probably be the best day, but I am available anytime that weekend
  3. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    Alright, costume workshop - go! Who's in, who can host, who needs what?
  4. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Master

star 3
    I'd like to be in. As to the rest, I'm really on the ground floor if not the basement: lookin for guidance on ideas already shared on this thread.
  5. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I need a helmet. The guy I'm going thru has s stock on sale til thanksgiving. I'd like to be part of this too.
  6. 72Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    i want in but this is a bad weekend for me...
  7. WookieeJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Im a free single man this weekend with nothing to do sat....heck I might even be able to host if people dont mind coming out to lockport
    BigDanLevitan likes this.
  8. BigDanLevitan N.R. Vice President

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    The keyword is Lockport.....lol I will be there.
  9. DEE_SKYWALKER Jedi Master

star 1
    Some tips I learned from my costumes since I can go to the Workshop:

1) Modified Bobba Hasbro helmet.
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Bob...52424684&sr=1-10&keywords=adult jango costume
    You can get it now for forty some bucks. Some Walmarts had it in clearance for $25. I guess they caught on and now Amazon has it for $50.

2) Jango 2-piece: http://www.starwarscostumes.com/mask-jango-fett.html Kind of flimsy but you can solve it with like 2 or three coats of Plasti-Tip (sold at Home Depot). This rubber spray is amazing. It rubberizes the surface and gives it some strength. It also gives it a rough surface so it's very easy to paint with no sandpaper required.

3) Paint: Like I said, Plasti-tip is an amazing product. I sprayed my helmet and my pistol with it and it gave it the rubberized coat. After it dried I was able to spray everything with white paint and then apply the colors that I wanted with no problems. IF you don't use the Plasti-Tip the surface of the helmet will be more difficult to work with.

4) I made my armor with foam board: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...rd=foam floor mats&storeId=10051#.UJxjXMXA-f4
    They call it "EVA Foam" but the description at HOme Depot is "Interlocking foam mats". I know it's multicolor instead of black but the texture in the back is the one you want. It has a smooth side and an armor-like texture in the other. The black ones have the diamond plate texture in one of the sides and I found that it's harder to work with. I rather buy the multicolor ones and Plasti-Tip them so I can paint them.

5) A Dremel tool is essential. Period.

6) A heat gun to mold the foam is key

7) Quality acrylic paint. Liquitex brand is boss.

8) Aging of the kit. I didn't do this part because I wanted to troop with you guys so bad but that's my next step. I found a tutorial that I can share later on how to do it.
  10. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Congratulations Jedi Bill, you are now part of the Echo Base Jedi Order!
    [IMG]
  11. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Got some new dark brown material over the weekend... Hmmm [face_thinking] ...... what could possibly be coming down the pipe here????
  12. 72Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I need to make a few JEDI ROBES...

Anyone have recommendations for the best fabric to use?
  13. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I have some that I just picked up from Joanne's. I'll bring it to the meeting on Saturday.
  14. 72Princess Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    awesome! thank you Jon!!
  15. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    UPS guy?
    72Princess likes this.
  16. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Just gonna say it.... Nice!

I finally ordered the roll pin buckle from England. Trying to get a move on with the pilot costume. I know it won't pass RL by a long shot, but I'm working on tayloring Gil's old flight suit to fit me until I can get a proper orange jumpsuit. I'll need to work on the harness and possibly the belt at the costuming workshop.
  17. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Was there a scheduled Costume Workshop this coming weekend? Thought I saw that somewhere but I find the thread...
  18. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Maybe I'm crazy... Ok, yes. I am, but..... for some reason, I have it in my mind that we set a date of December 8th or 9th for a get together. I can't find it in writing and thought it may have been mentioned at the November meeting?

Anyway, bumping this thread up a little more to get some attention.
  19. WookieeJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    No Jon you are not crazy...at least not in this instant. We talked at november meeting about getting together to take photos of costume to submit. Also think mentioned a costume shop some what as well. I was wondering if still on for this. Im actually in basement now working on finishing touches to my Pilot.
  20. jediprof Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Sounds good. How about 2:00 Saturday at my place for photos, etc?
  21. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    2 sounds good. I don't know if I'll have my pilot back from my inlaws in time, but I have the nylon webbing to make the harness and hopefully the buckle will arrive in time - it shipped from the UK on the 22nd. I also need to take pictures of my Jedi for RL approval.
  22. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Sounds good to me. I think we had Lisa as well who needed to take new pictures...
  23. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
    Jon, crazy? Forgettaboutit! :cool:
  24. WookieeJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  25. JDuffPhoto Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    WooHoo! got the Roll Pin Buckle from England. I can build the belt for the flight suit now. Can I reach out for some help with this? I'll bring what I have for my pilot and I'll need photos of my Jedi for RL approval. Anyone have any extra pouches or food capsul tubes for the Jedi belt?