main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Things Costuming and Costume related! plus meetups!?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Sep 6, 2012.

1. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    action shot!

[​IMG]

myhale99 and 72Princess1 like this.
  2. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Wwwhuuuuuut???

No period drawers???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    I'm a commando!

myhale99 likes this.
  4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    LOL! Commando! [face_rofl]

myhale99 and TFS like this.
  5. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    It's FANTASTIC Tom!!! The kids are gonna go nuts when the see you on Star Wars Night!!!

TFS likes this.
  6. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Thanks, Dan! It's a fun costume. Glad I had a chance to give it a test run last night at CCF. There are a couple of modifications to do before SWN so it should work out a little better then.

7. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    You looked great!

8. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Congratulations on getting Ol' Rex approved Tom!
    [​IMG]
    Wow! Look at all of the new members of Echo Base!
    Welcome to The Rebel Legion Emily and Kevin!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Proof that it CAN be done.

10. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    May I add, that you are to be congratulated for this achievement, Emily and Kevin. Completing a costume to the standards of the Rebel Legion,and having it approved, is not an easy task. I commend you for your efforts and willingness to follow this path.

Now...get busy on your next ones. ;o)

11. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Congrats you three!

TFS likes this.
  12. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    It's not THAT hard Tom... LOL!!

TFS likes this.
  13. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    You're absolutely right, Gil. It's not hard. It's just a matter of doing it right, which is often pretty easy! What I should have said is that it is detail oriented and dependent on following the costume standards...and having a good luck of the draw when you're assigned to a costume judge. Some are more picky than others and you're basically at their mercy to see your efforts the same way you yourself do. All that is dependent on subjecting yourself to the judging process, and if unsuccessful at first, deciding to subject it to yourself again. At the end of the day, though, it's an individual decision to try or try not...to coin a phrase. ;o)

14. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    I'm SOOOOO excited to be so close to officially becoming a TK. This costume has been a long time in the making. It's also very meaningful to me. Not sure how many of you know this, but my kit was purchased with money left to me by my Grandmother. So, it's cool to think that she's with me every time I troop in it.

I'm hoping to complete my photos today, and officially submit to Garrison Excelsior on Friday :)

[​IMG]

Wild Sidewalker, TFS and 72Princess1 like this.
  15. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I saw you on Sunday and I thought you looked awesome Bobby. I don't foresee you will have any trouble... [​IMG]

Who was the other TK?

16. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    On Sunday? I think I was the only one.

17. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I saw a guest dressed in Armor just before I saw you. I thought it was you at first.

18. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    501st application officially submitted! [​IMG]

JediXXL, TFS, Wild Sidewalker and 2 others like this.
  19. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    You can't miss, Bobby! Love the photo!

BobbyFromBUF likes this.
  20. BobbyFromBUF

Apr 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

My costume is approved! TK 71600

21. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Congratulations, welcome to the 501st. I tried to post over there but the site appears broken. 8-}

22. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Add a helmet, change a rank badge and voila! General Dodonna becomes Captain Antilles with the Rebel Legion.

Darth Vader now has a choking victim waiting in the wings. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

23. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Starting my next project. Hardpacks for my Endor trooper costume and my (future) Hoth trooper. Here's what they ultimately will look like (I hope!)

ENDOR
    [​IMG]

HOTH
    [​IMG]

First step, acquire usable frames. These happen to be old Boy Scout backpack frames I grabbed on Ebay for 5 bucks each

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next step, shorten uprights, paint Endor frame OD and start scrounging, buying or otherwise obtaining all the other components. Excellent tutorials and WIP's are available on the Rebel Legion boards as well as the Yahoo groups for ERT's and Hoth troopers.

Anyone else interested in doing one of these? Just let me know!.

24. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Coincidental to the Endor hardpack build and getting Kim's and my RFT troopers finished, I am racing against time to complete my Rogue One trooper in time for the premiere weekend (although if we don't do any theater appearances as a group, I'll look pretty silly standing there all decked out...and probably risk arrest and confinement as well).

So to that end, I have a Gorka-4 suit on order from Moscow, a post-Nam grenade vest is being delivered today, appropriate boots and goggles are on my Ebay watch list (with some assorted greeblies and doo-dads coming in from miscellaneous vendors), and am about to place an order for some additional BDU pants, a sniper veil and boot garters. To top it all off, I dug out my old M-1 steelpot and liner from my long-ago Army career which I will use as the base for my Rogue One helmet. Being an unreformed pack rat and hoarder, II also have my dad's old WWII helmet so I'm thinking of using his for this build. Sort of a nice tribute to my old man, who was a science-fiction fan decades before it was cool. I'm using EVA to form the outer helmet shell using information gleaned from the Rebel Legion and RPF forums, where our colleagues have painstakingly dissected the trailers, foreign (mainly Russian) posters and other sources to figure out what was used and how to build the different variations of this costume.

All this, of course, dependent on Social Security staying solvent long enough for me to complete everything.[face_relieved]

25. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Rogue One Trooper grenade vest in progress! First coat of black paint. After one more, pocket tabs and trim will be painted with brown leather paint and the top two tubes on the left will be painted dark yellow. Not sure, but I think this is some sort of rank indication. Its anybody's guess at this stage of the game.

[​IMG]