main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All Things Costuming and Costume related! plus meetups!?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Sep 6, 2012.

1. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Interesting.......Do you want to go with a smaller 'hold out' style blaster or the bigger Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster?

I'm thinking either way you may want it to ride higher on the belt, kind of like a current police gun holster, instead of the drop leg style like Luke or Han.......You know, I remember seeing a toy Rex blaster when I was Christmas shopping for my cousin, I wonder if that would be a good size for you, small and compact yet still Star Wars like........

See what you did Michelle, you got me thinking, that never ends well :p

2. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Welcome back to Hawkbat Squadron Marty!
    [​IMG]

3. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Ha! You've got me thinking as well. I am fine going with the standard as long I can still buy or. However, I'd also be happy with any small blaster that can pass rebel legion standards. I currently have this blaster: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-PARK...037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a79e968dd. It makes pretty cool sounds laser sounds as well. Is that the size you were thinking? I don't want it to be a huge pain for you to make if you need to re-tool your patterns, etc.!

4. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Michelle, there are no guidelines on blasters at this time. If you can paint that blaster up to look good enough, you should be able to use it... The RFT blasters alot of us use are the painted Nerf blasters.

5. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    trust me, I've been looking at Nerf guns for the past day or so, no worries. You are far from a pain, trust me. Gil, now that guy is right up there with Marty on the pain in the arse scale [/sarcasm] :p

Seriously, don't worry about me having to make a new pattern, that is easy to do. Lets find you the perfect gun and go from there. I've already primed Marty with the possibility of a paint job for you, he is going to owe me anyway for the belt I'm making him.

6. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005

I'm thinking September-ish for an official start to Mando clan building.....I wouldn't want to interfere with any other activities

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I did some research on boot stretching and gave it a try today. There are straps across the ankle that need to be removed, but I didn't want to cut them until I was sure I would be keeping them.

After about 15 minutes, I am able to walk comfortably in the boots. I still need to break them in a little more but am happy with the progress so far.

8. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    Have any of you ever built pieces for Endor Rebel Troops? I could really use advice for the how to do the doughnut on the helmet and how to make to vest. Also I want to try to build the rifle out of wood, sculpty and pvc pipes, has anyone ever built one of those before?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Oh! While I'm thinking of it, and talking with Anna, if you guys are looking at anything on the Tandy site, before you order let me know, I have a wholesale account and can save you guys cash. I know I was eyeing some upholstery leather the last time I was there, perfect for tabbards and such.......

Michelle - I'm still looking at different things for you. Marty and I were talking too and went over few ideas for a blaster. I think we have a plan ;)

10. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Gil might be able to point you in the right direction. Personally I just bought the doughnut helmet off eBay for Mindy. I've seen them from time to time at very reasonable costs.

11. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Michelle - if you want the [nerf] Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster, I saw some still at a local store for around $15, and I can paint it for you if you need.

12. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
  13. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    Thanks for the advice Chris. I'll get in touch with Gil. I know there's a greater chance of failure if I build the helmet myself, but I enjoy challenges. I know where to get all the materials for the helmet except for the donut. I was thinking about using sculpty. Good or bad?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

14. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    I think you can get the donut itself over on the Rebel Legion, might be worth a look

Dave

15. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
  16. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    T
    That would be so so amazing!!! Thanks so much. Where was it? Or, if you have it already I can pay you back whenever you would like The paint offer is so generous-- I would be so appreciative of any type of paint job. You guys are awesome!

17. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    [​IMG]It's here!!! It's here!! It's finally here!!!

BigDanLevitan and Darth Erebus like this.
  18. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    hooray! congrats!!

72Princess likes this.
  19. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    thanks!! I was getting worried- it's 2 weeks overdue. Whew!!!

20. Ensidious

Ensidious Jedi Knight

Mar 9, 2013
    I am going to order a sith robe from this website, i've been talking with the lady who owns it as i've ordered plenty of costumes from her before.
    Very affordable and great quality! Check her out if you're interested.

http://www.twinrosesdesigns.com/index.html

21. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Let's just say this,

TWO costumes are close to being done.

I now have one more in the work. But I have half of it already. Need a Helmet and some time.

72Princess likes this.
  22. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Did the webbing come in by chance? I'm as far as I can get on the Leia Endor rig without it and the blaster. I'll bring the pouches to the meeting for Chris, Mindy, and all to see. After the epic fail on the first proto the second came out awesome.

23. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Question: I have some beautiful screen accurate resin pieces for the Boushh bandolier. The instructions with the kit say to attach with screws to the webbing.

What is the best way to screw into the resin without cracking it and having disastrous results? Is that even a concern? We have a dremel like tool- should I use that?

I have inquired to the supplier but they take about 2 weeks to answer an email. It is very painful...

24. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    you don't need much to drill resin, so a slow speed cordless screwdriver should work. I'm not sure how a screw will hold.

Is there a place on the piece where you can drill all the way through and actually bolt the part to the web belt while hiding the screw? I do that with imperial buckles, I drill out the center of the greeblie and tap threads in from behind the buckle, it holds perfect.

25. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Always go slow with resin. I've used some masking tape, made an X over where I needed to drill, them slowly made the hole. My screws are still holding after many years.