main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All things Episode 7 Fan Made

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chewbacca89, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    DarkGingerJedi That looks very promising. Love the hair and facial hair. Keep it up!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I like almost everything about this including the Rebel logo. Nit-pick on the stache though. I don't like the flared ends at all. It evokes an old timey 1890's weightlifter or barber to me. Or maybe an old Scotland Yard detective. IMO he should have a crisp, clean Van Dyke with the stache connected as one piece.

3. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I like the waxed mustache. Shades of Quixote.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, but the wrong shade IMO. Quixote was foolhardy but Luke is a real knight. He isn't tilting at windmills.

T-R- likes this.
  5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Glad you guys dig it.

Yeah, it has a bit too much Quixote influence right now - even though in my mind Master Luke is on a quest. He's trying to rebuild the Order and help establish the New Republic from various remnant governors now lording over their individual systems. It's pure chaos. This quest is one of solitude, and might be seen from others as a foolish one. Luke might not be chasing windmills, but is on his own, on some distant planet looking for answers. Learning about the Force. Everyone else is trying to rebuild with what they have, navigate the hornets nest of territories that now exist. There would be little trust. Spies and bounty hunters could be everywhere. The Empire might have fallen, but the new dawn hasn't happened yet. "The Republic is Dead, the Jedi are dead, Luke hasn't been seen in years, off an some foolish personal mission!!!"

And then enter a new horde invading the galaxy...and suddenly systems that were once cold hearted enemies - ones ruled by the Alliance, and ones living under the remnant governors (who's citizens live behind a Iron Wall, or some political embargo), finally join together to stop this outside force because they have no other choice. And then, suddenly, ENTER Luke, and his new band of Jedi Knights winning the day and bringing light back to the galaxy. Up until this time the general population don't even know about the Jedi, and honestly haven't trusted them since their fall in the PT. Now...Luke and his knights regain trust and finally usher in the New Order.

Ideally I want to show a bit more regality back to the galaxy - but in a new way, not the same way it was shown in PT. To me, each trilogy's style is influenced heavily by the time period in which is was filmed. The OT had longer, shaggy, hair styles, etc. The ST could have buzz, or sharp cuts and influenced by modern fashions. I'd like to mix up classic medieval styles, current fashions, and a little bit of futuristic punk - all within a regal sensibility.

6. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Good stuff. I could see Luke as a quixotic T.E. Lawrence trying to unite the Arabs.

That scene of Anthony Quinn standing on top of the conference table comes to mind.

7. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I haven't picked up my tablet to do anything for over a month now. It might be time to scribble up some new Episode 7 speculation stuff.

El_Machete12, Six, mavjade and 4 others like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Man, I wish I had half the talent some of y'all have. I can draw stick figures but that's about it. :p

JainaSoloYJK and Odolwa like this.
  9. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
  10. DarthTemoc

DarthTemoc Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014
    My Episode VII fan works

This is my first post on TheForce.net, hope you like it.
    Hellhammer I saw your art in the previous pages Really like it. Ginger's art too (I visit your page, Awesome!!)

Digital work

Concept 1

Luke badass

[​IMG]

Concept 2

Somewhere on Yavin 4

[​IMG]

Concept 3

Boba Fett

[​IMG]

Concept 4

The Jedi Academy of Yavin 4 (Jedi Praxeum).
    [​IMG]

Concept 5

Following the calling of the Force, Grand Master Luke Skywalker discovers a strange monolith that has been activated.

[​IMG]

POSTERS - (photomanipulation)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(Luke skywalker base art by artist Darren Tan from Star Wars Galaxies.)

[​IMG]

(Base art from Book of the Sith, Luke old Face by artist Phil Noto.)

TRAILER

11. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, well, well.
    Things are heating up in the art department in 7SA :D

Awesome stuff!

12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    It's been a while and I don't have much to show for it hah, but the great pieces others have posted inspired me to at least do a quick doodle before heading out tonight. So here it is. A bit of a different approach to the Sith appearance, his chestplate is inspired by Medieval Saracen armor.

[​IMG]

RX-27, EHT, StoneRiver and 7 others like this.
  13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    That trailer's pretty cool but could use some of John William's mastery.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  14. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I could easily imagine the real teaser beginning with Yoda saying "Luke... when gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be", and then adding a "Pass on what you have learned".

JainaSoloYJK and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    You guys are very skilled!!! Would any of you be interested in having your art featured on my website?

16. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Where's that music from. It's awesome!

17. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Needs John Williams

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    He still looks like this hipster at my work. Has darker hair and a bucnh of tats and piercings but the stache is the same.

19. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Does it strain propriety to make requests?

Can someone do up some Plagueis or Nightsister related art?

21. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    well Dra--- I might give Plaguies a try some time and post it here but that's when I get spare time! so could be anytime. HE's my favourite character.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Appreciate being put in your queue.

Also wouldn't mind seeing poster art with a Sith army of some kind, perhaps even with Purebloods.

23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Dra--- I don't have a queue! I just have lots of school work and little time available. It might take a couple of tries but it is something I want to do anyway. Poster art again yes I would do it if I had time but it's a struggle. using an Army I don't know where to begin! maybe in the future though as I want a tablet to do Photoshop and I am going to start using Blender 3d for a special project (HINT it begins with T and ends in W middle letters C) but again that's dependant on time!

Dra--- likes this.
  24. FRAGWAGON

Nov 3, 2012
    Perfect. This is so becoming my vision for ST Luke that I fear disappointment if it is (likely) different.

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    he looks like the war doctor from doctor who.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.