main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All things Episode 7 Fan Made

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chewbacca89, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagabondarts

vagabondarts Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2015
    Here's my latest sketches. (threw some colors on them)

SkooterNB, Lee_, Bennihana and 4 others like this.
  2. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    No bootleg video allowed

Sarge and Jedi_Jade-Skywalker like this.
  3. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    And here's my latest...minimalist take on the opening shot of TFA. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Lee_, rhymecheat, BlueDmighty and 4 others like this.
  4. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    amazing. could you please do a tfa luke?!

5. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
  6. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013

Lawd, yes. I'm gonna need some Phil Noto TFA Luke right away.

7. coruscantstar

coruscantstar Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2016
  8. VanLiz

VanLiz Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2002
    Any fanfiction?

9. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    The Star Wars Holiday Music Video!

10. BlueDmighty

BlueDmighty Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Hahahahaha AWESOME

11. vagabondarts

Apr 24, 2015
    More of my sketches with some colors on them

Lee_, Sgt. Carver and TheMoldyCrow like this.
  12. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    John Boyega, by me :)

[​IMG]

13. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  14. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I really like that one. Was that your drawing, Karl0413?

The tricksy perspective is cool, puts your right into it. I like it

15. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    vagabondarts Dude, GREAT work. Love it.

Do you have a website? What tools and software do you use? I ask because I dabble with illustration a bit and am looking into buying an Ipad Pro for illustration since I do most of my drawings when I travel, which I do a lot because of work.

vagabondarts likes this.
  16. Phteven

Phteven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    This seems like the best place to post up some stuff I've been playing around with.

Basically, I was thinking about Kylo and the character going forward in terms of his overall design. Chances are he'll look identical in VIII when he's all kitted up, but I was thinking about if they took him in a more evolutionary direction. If he became more Vader-like throughout the trilogy. Maybe he added to his current get up with some more armoured stuff, or completely changed his look. But I feel like it'd make the most sense if he kept his Ren helmet. S'far as I know the helmet and robe are the Ren uniform. But the helmet is the important bit imo. And for all I know the Ren might alter their gear to suit their specific task, or by personal preference. So I ran with that :p

Anyway, I had a play with some different versions. All of the images are taken from existing photos or official/fan artwork from people more talented than me. If any of the originals are from anyone here etc and you'd like credit I'd happy to give it. Most of the pics I had no idea where they originally came from.

In general, I just went with a close enough is good enough with these. Started going into "what if?" territory with some, mainly to insert him into that character design and see how it looked.

[​IMG]

This one's based on the Darth Maul Play Arts Kai figure (Play Art Kai always leaves me drooling with their designs.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought it looked a bit odd with the crossguard doubled up so left it with one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was originally a traditional Maul figure. Note how this combination gives me a huge Revan vibe. I've never played those games, but I've always loved that design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since I'd mucked around with some Maul imagery I was interested to see if I could insert Kylo into some of Maul's actual scenes. It's about here I think I realised that his crossguard saber really drives home who it is and really, is more important than his outfit or even his mask. The promo material is proof. You know who it is just by seeing that saber ignited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dunno... Maul's still around n has a chip on his shoulder?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speaking of Revan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I really like. If you don't know, it's a version of Starkiller/Galen from the Force Unleashed game where if you choose to kill Vader instead of spare him, he takes his place as when he tries to take on the Emperor he messes him up, like, really messes him up. So he ends up just as twisted and broken as Vader. The same materials being used and the overall, "more machine than man" thing it's got going on, I can see at least half of it being something Kylo would fully embrace.

[​IMG]

A few different versions of Galen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  17. Phteven

Phteven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2016
    [​IMG]

Um. DC vs Marvel? Haven't played this but I like the design of Arkham Knight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not 100% sure because the head gear was different but I'm assuming this is Malgus. Anyway, now it's Kylo commanding other Knights of Ren :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Malgus. This is in line with what I was originally thinking. Retains the overall robed look, but has some robotic/cybernetic or just armoured pieces thrown in the mix to bring him even closer in feel to Vader.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Malgus again. I dig it because the armour they gave him, to me is reminiscent of Vader. And I think an armoured look really suits Kylo.

[​IMG]

Perhaps he turns on the rest of the Ren? I like the idea of either path tbh. If he stays dark and goes even more and more down that path than Vader. Or if he becomes something of an anti-hero and takes measures to redeem himself.

Anyway, that's my contribution!

jimmycrank and Lee_ like this.
  18. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

No, the artist name is Joshua Viers. You can see the watermark and signature in the lower left-hand corner.

19. vagabondarts

Apr 24, 2015

Thank you! :D I don't maintain a website anymore. I post my art on my Instagram: vagabondarts and on Twitter: @vagabondartist ...I work on a Surface Pro 3 and primarily use Sketchbook Pro and Photoshop.
    A lot of artists I know have gotten Ipad Pro's and love them. Hope you love it too. I'll probably get one by the time they are up to the 3rd hardware revision.

Ganger likes this.
  20. darth_of_the_night

Sep 21, 2004
  21. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I was just messing around to see what I could come up with.
    [​IMG]

Sarge and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Here's my latest creation, continuing my theme of adapting stills from the film into my semi-minimalist style. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

23. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm not much of an artist but using "BeFunky", I thought of coming up with a simple collage commemorating The Force Awakens and comprises me + my fellow spacecraft as well as photos of the two droids and Kylo Ren with his iconic saber (that's also my iPhone wallpaper now)... And here it is!

What do you think?
    [​IMG]

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

24. darth_of_the_night

Sep 21, 2004
  25. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    [​IMG]

love this!

Thread Status: