main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends All Things Have Beginnings and Endings (NJO AU) COMPLETED AUGUST 7, 2004!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lt_Jaina_Solo, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I found this today and I think it is a very good story.

A cliffhanger? No! Don't leave it like this too long.

2. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Have you seen The Three Musketeers with Charlie Sheen? If you haven't, watch it. If you have I was referring to the scene where they are escaping in the Cardinal's carriage.

Gah! [face_devil] cliffie. Please resolve it soon. Luke and Jaina'll be okay? Right? Please. Please.

3. whats-her-face

whats-her-face Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Great post!

Oh no, what's wrong with Jaina?! Please let her be okay, Lt! We don't want Jaggie to be lonely.

...Then again, if he's lonely, he's always welcome at my place ;) [face_love]

4. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    I missed a few posties there while I was away on vacation? Some majorly mushy ones too. [face_love] :p

Hey, thanks for the shirtless Jaggie. :* Heehee! [face_love] :* [face_love]

But what?s happening with Jaina? :eek: :eek:

Great job. Don?t leave us hanging too long, Lt. Please?

BTW, Congrats on the noms. Best of luck. :)

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    DCWiz00- Great job! I loved the weddding part with Jacen and Tenel Ka getting red at their expected...union.
    Thank you! I enjoyed writing that bit :D

Hmm...lots of angst and bad things in this one. Poor Jaina and poor Jag being hepless as he watches Jaina suffer.
    Oh, it gets worse O:) [face_devil]

Can't wait for more.
    More is coming up!

JAGSGURL15- wonderful...
    Thank you! [face_blush]

uh OH! that dont sound too goood!
    No, it doesn't [face_mischief]

RebelMom- cliffhanger!
    Yep! O:)

Ack. What'd you do to Luke?
    Hmmm... *zips lips*

Good job though.
    Thank you!

StarFighter5- I found this today
    WELCOME!!! [:D]

I think it is a very good story.
    Thank you! :)

A cliffhanger? No! Don't leave it like this too long.
    Oh, I won't [face_mischief] Don't worry [face_devil] ;)

J_M_Bulldog- Have you seen The Three Musketeers with Charlie Sheen? If you haven't, watch it. If you have I was referring to the scene where they are escaping in the Cardinal's carriage.
    I think I have... *thinks* :confused: :D Oh, yes! I remember that scene! [face_laugh]

Gah! cliffie. Please resolve it soon. Luke and Jaina'll be okay? Right? Please. Please.
    Oh, of course they will [face_devil]

whats-her-face- Great post!
    Thank you!

Oh no, what's wrong with Jaina?! Please let her be okay, Lt! We don't want Jaggie to be lonely.
    [face_devil]

...Then again, if he's lonely, he's always welcome at my place
    LOL [face_laugh] I'm afraid that I've called first dibs O:)

jagsredlady- I missed a few posties there while I was away on vacation? Some majorly mushy ones too.
    I hope you enjoyed your vacation! Yes, there was some mush [face_love]

Hey, thanks for the shirtless Jaggie. Heehee!
    You weren't the only one who enjoyed him O:)

But what?s happening with Jaina?
    It shall all be resolved in due time (like in a couple minutes :p )

Great job. Don?t leave us hanging too long, Lt. Please?
    [face_devil]

BTW, Congrats on the noms. Best of luck.
    Thank you! [:D]

NOTICE:
    Since I'm going to be gone for three weeks, and my muse seems to love me right now, I'm going to post today (I know you're shocked- it's only been two days since my last post :eek: ) and I'm planning to post again on Thursday. Enjoy! :)

~LtJS @};-

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Here's the new post! Enjoy!

*~*~*
    Jag watched Jaina?s face, his eyes straining for some sign of life, some proof that she was beyond the reach of death. She looked so frail in the hospital bed, her normally glowing skin colorless, her fragility so evident he could hardly make the connection between the unconscious Jaina Solo lying on the bed, and the normally fearless Jaina Solo he loved.

His hands clasped one of hers while machines beeped and whirred around them. Even Cilghal didn?t know how to draw Jaina out of her coma. She had already spent more than four hours working with doctors in an attempt to wake Jaina up. Twenty minutes ago, she had stood and left the room to confer with Mara Skywalker, Kyp, and Jaina?s brother, shaking her head slowly as she talked.

He looked down to where Jaina?s was held in his. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. His hands tightened involuntarily on hers, then loosened as he angrily pushed up from the bed to stalk outside. It?s not fair! Jaina risked her life whenever she flew, and then she was a Jedi as well. Why did her Force choose to punish her for being only human? For making mistakes, but making heroic efforts to repay the galaxy for those same mistakes?

With an effort, he managed to uncurl his hand from the fist it insisted on being and calmed himself. Working himself into a temper would do nothing to help Jaina, could end up only hindering her. He doubted having to deal with an irate boyfriend would help her get healthier any faster.

?Jag!?

The colonel turned to see Kyp hurrying down the hall to meet him, black robes billowing in his wake. ?Yeah?? he asked, not bothering with the formality his background insisted upon.

?I thought you might like to head to the mess hall with me. I know the food?s not the best, but right now my stomach?s trying to enjoy my backbone, and I could use the company. I?m sure you haven?t eaten either,? the Jedi said.

Jag hesitated, unwilling to leave Jaina for more than a couple minutes. ?Jaina?ll be fine,? Kyp reassured him, seeing the younger man?s indecision. ?Han and Leia should be arriving soon, Jacen is just a shout away with Tenel Ka, and Mara, and Cilghal are with Jaina now. Grabbing a bite to eat will only take a couple minutes.? Still the dark-haired colonel hesitated, and Kyp let out a sigh of frustration. ?Jag, it?ll do you good to get out of the medward. Watching Jaina and hoping she?ll wake up means that the time she?s unconscious will seem even longer than it actually is. And it?s not going to do Jaina any good if you land in the hospital bed next to her because you haven?t anything to eat. Stop worrying- it?s only been a couple of hours.?

?Only a couple of hours-!? Jag cut himself off before he could say something he?d regret. ?Fine,? he bit out through gritted teeth. ?I?ll eat something, if only to get you to stop nagging me.?

?But I have so much fun pretending to be a mommy bantha!? Kyp protested, a grin dancing around his lips.

Jag couldn?t help himself; he laughed. ?Mommy bantha? You and what droid??

Kyp glared good-naturedly, then swung an arm around Jag?s shoulders. ?Glad to have you back with us kid. Gave me quite a scare when you went all moody and gloomy.?

?I was never moody and gloomy!? Jag objected. ?I was just?thinking!?

?In a moody and gloomy way,? Kyp bantered.

?It was not-!? Once more, Jag cut himself off, this time in the realization that Kyp was deliberately trying to get a rise out of him. ?Maybe I was practicing for this year?s most moody and gloomy contest. I?m looking forward to stealing the crown from you.?

Kyp?s mouth opened, then shut, resembling one of the many Kritinee fish that populated Mon Calamari?s oceans. ?I?m not even going to dignify that idea with a response. Let?s go get grub.?

?You?re just too scared to,? Jag shot at Kyp?s back.

?Come on, Jag,? the Jedi Master called over his shoulder as he continued down the hallway.
    *~*~*~*

His stomach full, Jag hurried back to medward. The couple of

7. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WONDERFUL... wipes more drool and tears.. great

8. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Yay! They are awake! Goodie :D

And Jag's gonna ask Jaina to marry him. Yay :D

Somehow I get the feeling an irate uncle ain't gonna be the only person mad. Jag might want to make sure Leia is in the room when they tell Han they are getting married :p

9. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Phew! She's ok!

And do I sense matrimony in the air???

10. whats-her-face

May 5, 2004
    omgomgomgomgomgomg!

First of all, Jaina's going to be okay! Hurray!

Secondly, loved the Kyp/Jag dialogue. ?Maybe I was practicing for this year?s most moody and gloomy contest. I?m looking forward to stealing the crown from you.? lollollol [face_laugh]

And last, but certainly not least... Jaina and Jaggie are getting married!!!!! Yea!!!!! [face_love] :D [face_love] :D!!!!!!!

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    I suppose it would be really evil of me to have Kyp get really really drunk and go propose to some Gamorrean, wouldn't it? [face_devil] [face_mischief] O:) Or better yet, have Jag get drunk and marry a Gamorrean?

~LtJS @};-

12. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Nice Post!

13. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Your uncle mentioned that he felt an alien presence in your mind. Do you agree with this?? Jaina nodded. ?Can you elaborate on this??
    :eek: :eek:

Jaina sighed, thinking over what she had felt, then began. ?Over the last two weeks or so, I?ve felt that person in my mind. She?s in a great deal of pain, walking the path to the Dark Side.?

Hmmm... [face_thinking] Curioser and curioser...

At least Jaina is awake.

Jaggie is going to propose. Cool. The ring sounds pretty. :)

Kyp gulped and held onto the contents of his stomach with the Force as Jag steadily urged the car faster and faster
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The trip from the medward to the center of city usually took about thirty minutes, especially with traffic, but with Jag driving, the two made it in less than fifteen.
    Heehee, a man after my own heart. I always get to my destination faster than anyone else. ;)

Great job, Lt. :)

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Wonderful posts :)

15. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Great posts! :D Jaina's somehow related to the girl that keeps taking over her mind? That's really weird. Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong. lol. Jag's decsion to get Jaina an engagement ring was kind of abrupt. :p All of sudden they're just flying to the jewalary store with Kyp being confused the whole way. It was great. [face_laugh] I definitely can't wait for more! :D

16. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Well, I'm off to go see King Arthur in literally three minutes, but I wanted to get this up for you guys, like I promised! If there are any mistakes, I'm sorry! Let me know about them and I'll fix them when I get back. Don't forget to review!

*~*~*

It was for three more days that Jaina was stuck in the medward before Cilghal signed her out. Jaina would be leaving the next day for Geonosis. Making the most of the last moments they had together, Jag took Jaina out to dinner at one of the most exclusive restaurants in Hapes? capital city. Iego?s overlooked the water of the ocean, and the two lovers were able to get a table next to the harbor.

After a pleasant dinner, Jag took Jaina walking along the boardwalk. They walked in companionable silence for several minutes, just admiring the sunset and each other. Madame Dai Zweln had refused to allow Jaina leave the palace until she put on a pale pink and white flowing gown that fell to her ankles, and matching sandals. The high-waisted gown had slit sleeves and a low neckline, but not so low that Jaina felt uncomfortable.

?You look beautiful, Jaina,? Jag told her, his sincerity evident in his eyes.

She blushed lightly. ?Thank you Jag. You look real nice too,? she replied. He was wearing his dress uniform for the Chiss, and it fit him in a very drool worthy fashion.

They had reached the end of the boardwalk by then, and instead of turning back like Jaina expected, Jag led her down onto a secluded path. Her shoes weren?t really made for trudging along rough terrain, and Jaina noted with relief that the path was paved.

?Jag, where are you taking me?? she asked breathlessly.

?You?ll see,? he replied enigmatically, flashing a smile.

Finally, he stopped and Jaina sighed with relief. That was the last time she let Madame Zweln talk her into wearing something. And what was up with Jag?

?Are you ok?? he inquired.

?My feet hurt a little,? she confessed, wincing a bit. She let out a tiny shriek when Jag scooped her up in his arms. ?Jag! What in the Corellia hells do you think you?re doing?? she protested, laughing too hard for him to take her seriously.

?Giving your poor feet a break,? he replied. ?Just hang on- we only have a little ways to go.?

The path came to an abrupt stop in front of a gazebo dripping with tiny golden lights. A box lay on a table in the center. ?Jag?!? Jaina exclaimed, her breath stolen away by shock.

?Go open your present,? he urged her after carrying her up the steps and sliding her to her feet. Jaina hurried forward, her curiosity engaged. It only gained, along with her confusion, when the cherry wood box opened to reveal another one, this one made of materials that appeared to be from an X-wing. Her hands moved faster and faster, revealing eleven boxes in the end, each of a unique pattern and shape.

The last one was a small black box, small than the size of her fist. Infinitely curious, she cracked open the lid to see a ring glittering against white shimmersilk. Sweet Force.

?Jaina.? Jag?s voice drew her attention to him once more. ?When you were in a coma, I thought I had lost you. My entire life seemed empty, without point. I can?t imagine you not being in my life, not being there at my side through thick and thin. What I?m asking you, with this ring,? at this, he took the box from her and drew out the ring, sliding it onto her fourth finger, ?will you be my wife, spend the rest of your life with me??

Tears were streaming down her cheeks as Jaina flung herself into the arms of the man she loved. ?Of course I will, Jag!? she cried, wrapping her arms around her neck.

His hands automatically went around her waist as he choked out, ?I love you, Jaina.?

Her lips found his, and his hands tightened on the small of her back as he returned it with equal passion. He lowered her to the ground, then his hands streaked over her body, molding her curves to his hard planes. ?Jaina,? he managed to get out between the quick kisses he dotted over her face and neck. ?Let?s g

17. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Oh boy I'm few posts behind now :( I need to catch up but when? :(

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Another great post! :D Jaina and Jag are already married? *head spins* 8-} Wow. Great job, though! :D =D= I wonder how Han'll react. [face_mischief] hehe. I can only imagine... :p I guess we'll have to wait 3 weeks for more, but as always I'll be doing it impatiently! :p Have fun doing whatever it is you'll be doing. :)

:eek: You know what I just realized? Whenever you come back from your 3 week trip or whatever it is, I'll be going away for about 2 weeks or something like that! :_| It's not fair! :_|

19. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, Jag and Jaina really don't like Luke or so it seems ;) :p And Luke's right, Han'll kill, Leia'll resurrect him, kill him, resurrect him again, and Syal'll kill him after that :p

Now, I'm wondering just how this secret gets out cause something that big can not stay hidden for very long.

20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    I'm going to be getting back on the thirty-first (I think) of July. Either that or the first of August. Then I'm home for about a week, then gone again. I'll try to write as much as possible, and give you lots of posts whenever I'm home. However, the way the story's wrapping up, I should be done writing it *knocks on wood* hopefully by the beginning of July. [face_praying]

Anyways, just wanted to give you an update, and say thanks for all your wonderful reviews! You guys have been great.

Oh, and since I'm gone during the SFFA, can someone please post here the results? They're probably going to be buried by the time I get back, and I'd really like to know. *crosses fingers and hopes that she won Best Drama* ;)

*hugs* [:D] I might be able to stop by before I leave for France, but I don't know. I'll talk to you all when I get back!

~LtJS @};-

21. whats-her-face

May 5, 2004
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love] :D :_| [face_love] :D :_| [face_love]!!!!!!

[inhale] [exhale]

Whew. I think I'm okay now. ;)

Beyond the Saga awards are tomorrow night, right? As long as my internet's working (*grumble grumble*) I'll copy and paste for you. Not a problem at all ;).

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    When Han and Leia try to kill Luke for marrying Jaina and Jag, Luke could tell them better him than Durran. ;) I can see what you mean by an irate Uncle. Poor guy can't get any sleep and then Jaina throws a secret wedding at him. Kind of odd that Mara slept through that. I'm thinking she woke up and didn't say anything.

Have a great trip. :)

23. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wonderful! MUSH!!!! JAGGIE!

I will be gone till around the 19th or so.. will read most definatly when i get back everything that i missed!

24. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    04/07/2004
    Liked Jacen being shell-shocked and rather embarrassed. Liked that Tenel Ka only flushed lightly.

Poor Jaina, having a headache so she can?t enjoy the reception and then collapsing.

Poor Tenel Ka and Jacen though, having their wedding day spoilt by Jaina collapsing.

Good work by Kyp dispelling the force-lighting. Very good work by Luke restoring the barriers between Jaina?s mind and that of ?the stranger? and a good description of the state of Jaina?s mind.

Poor Luke though having to exhaust himself to that degree.

06/07/2004
    Liked Jag?s feelings of helplessness and frustration with the unfairness of the situation.

Good that while everyone else was concerned with Jaina that Kyp decided to check up on Jag and get him to eat. Liked the banter between them.

Naturally Jaina decided to start waking up while Jag was eating and give Mara the chance to accost him and bludgeon him with an exclamation mark.

Liked that Jag was still hovering outside the room, but then Clighal hadn?t been courteous enough to say to him how long she would be running the tests for. :)

Also liked Kyp inviting himself on Jag?s shopping expedition, and that he had trouble not being car-sick with Jag?s driving. 90kph isn?t that fast as such but from the sound of it Jaggy was jagging back and forth through the traffic quite violently.

Just hope the Hapans don?t have speed cameras or Jag could be in financial trouble. He?s spent all that money on the engagement ring and the two wedding rings so his savings might be a little low to also have to pay penalty charges. :p
    (I just get the image of Hapan Bailiffs backing up a ?towtruck? to tow away Jag?s Clawcraft for auction ;) )

09/07/2004
    Jaina was stuck in the medward for three days until the day before she was leaving? At least that gave Jag time to prepare but still must have been very frustrating for him having to wait with the ring(s) metaphorically burning a hole in his pocket.

Nice description of what Jaina was wearing, liked the idea of it not really being her idea but Madame Zweln had been determined.

Very romantic proposal.

Poor Luke being woken up, especially by such an undesirable request. Agree with his first reaction of ?Have you two decided you want to see me dead?? Was nice of Luke to marry them though rather than responding less kindly to Jaina?s threat. Nice wedding ceremony.

Poor Han having those thoughts, though since you don?t mention Jag putting on any clothes (just that Jag waited until Jaina was decently covered by a short blue robe, which seems an oxymoron as a short blue robe doesn?t sound like it covers much) it is no wonder Han was reminded of his daughters relationship with Jag. :)

Jaina?s excuse for not telling her father is a little weak as Han would have been capable of keeping the secret (as he proved with when Leia told him who her biological father was).

25. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Yeah, I won't be here whenever you get back. :( I wanna go to France!!!! :_| Take me with you!!!!!!!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.