main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto All those going to the Comicon on the 23-25 of August!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Purple_Glow_Jedi, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple_Glow_Jedi

Purple_Glow_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2002
    Hey Everyone,
    This is my first post at TFN.
    Anyways, I was wondering how many people on the board are going to the Toronto Comic Convention at the Metro Toronto Convention Center on the 23-25 of August.
    It was great last year, if you have a chance you should check it out this year. Maybe we could set up some kind of meeting...
    ...just a thought

2. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

You mean SFX? of course i'll be there. wouldn't miss it for all the spice in kessel :p

i'll be going for all three days..because thats just the kind of nutty collector i am :)

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Nah, he must mean the CNanime convention at the Toronto Convention centre!

Yeah, you'll find a bunch of us there in the convention, or hanging just outside.

Myself, I'll be in, drooling over various collectibles

4. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    I could swear I posted a reply to this thread...but it seems...to have...disappeared...strange...

Anyway, yes. I will be attending SFX again this year. Last year was great, even though I only went on the Saturday. This year I think I'm going to book that weekend off of work! WOO!

5. Purple_Glow_Jedi

Purple_Glow_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2002
    Theres three parts to the Con.
    Theres the Comicon, which is all comics and comic related items, theres SFX. which is the science fiction convention, and theres an anime part to it to.
    I'lk probably only be attending one day, at the comic portion.
    Heres an idea...
    All who post here and are going to the con should strap a lightsaber to their belts, this way we can tell if your a fellow message boarder.
    I'll be wearing mine, and i bet the group i'm going with will be wearing theirs too, though we did wear them at school for most of the year...

Hope to see you all there

6. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Yeah, because you'll be the ONLY ones with lightsabers!

7. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    CFX, SFX, or CNAnime, a Comicon is any con abotu Comics and last I checked there were several in this area.

But SFX, yeah you'll find me there.

8. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    I try to hit the convention every year. It is really the only one I go to now.
    No idea who the comic guests or anything are though. I have paid no attention.

I will be there drooling over the collectables with Ken watching Elewyn spend spend spend!

9. graphicfire

graphicfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Im gonna try to make it again this year..hopefully

10. Master_Sifo-Dyas

Master_Sifo-Dyas Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    I'm repersentin this yia! ( we have a table like every year ) so yes I'll be there as well.

11. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll probably be hanging out in the lobby on Saturday, and then going to dinner with you all. As for meeting, best to set a spot to meet in the lobby, many people will have lightsabres and only some of them will be us.

12. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Simple, look for the insane person who's planting bombs beneaths the escalator.

Hehehehehehehe....... That or maybe we shoudl meet (with or without explosives, or firearms of any kind) in that groovy curvy sculture outside.

13. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Dinner? Dinner?! Who needs dinner when you can bring your own sandwich and apple, and save your money to spend on toys and comics and other pointless items!?!?

14. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Exactamundo Kat! must preserve money...for....stuff :D

Last year i got by on hotdogs and fries, good munchies if i do say so myself :)

and of course there was that sobe drink truck in the centre of the con, where i abused free samples shamelessly :D

besides...will i have a free hand lugging around my collectibles?..oh the delemia...eat or buy more stuff....

*christina pictures herself starving to death* :p

15. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I will definitley be going for the Saturday at least and then depending on how that goes I might go on Sunday too. Is there going to be a Spaghetti social this year, If so, any details available yet? I really loved meeting all you guys there last year. It was the highlight of the Con for me :)

By the way El, I will help you carry around your collectibles if you want, I dont think I will be buying much on the dealer's floor this year. I gotta start saving up for Worldcon after all! :D

16. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

I too will be in attendance, but I go to meet the stars.

Last year, I talked to Neelix, and he said I was cool, and I said he was cool, then he laughed, then I laughed, then I asked him if he liked cooking and he said no and i said why and he said he didn't know and I said cool and he said yup and I was like woooa and he was like totally, and that was how I met him.

I'm still waiting for Kat to show me the ropes of purchasing at these events......I'll miss the advice at T.T., and probably come home having paid $3oo.00 for a paper weight. So you better come to SFX!

17. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    > Is there going to be a Spaghetti social this year, If so, any details available yet?

I'm pretty sure we'll be doing something similar this year. Probably the same plan actually. Unless anyone thinks there are any other restaurants in the area that we can walk into with 30 - 50 people and actually be seated?

18. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    What! and change my yearly trip to the o'spagetti factory!

I like the spagetti social - works for me!

19. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002
    Jake: $300.00 for a paper weight?!!?! *Kat falls over* Ai yi yi...I HOPE not! ;) You have much to learn my young Padawan...

20. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Yeah, going to meet the stars is fun. Last year i watched Nyla meet Neelix, who seemed okay. For me though, the highlight was meeting Ted Raimi :D

21. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Neelix was really cool. He wanted to know what I was studying in school. Peter Mayhew didn't even ask what my name was... It was still cool to meet him though. I think Christina has the best meeting a star story though....

I can't go to TT this year....but I'm definetely going to all three days of SFX

22. Tiger_A_K

Tiger_A_K Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    WWWWOOOOOOOORD UP!!! IM THERE EVERY YEAR!! I WAS even in a commercial for it when i dressed up as Robin, it's wicked SWEET!

23. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

LOL i don't know if it would qualify as best meeting a star story allison, certainly most embaressing story for me :D lol

24. Jedi_Kat

Jan 6, 2002

...you have cool hair...

:D

25. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Christina remembers....and smiles :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.