main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto All those going to the Comicon on the 23-25 of August!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Purple_Glow_Jedi, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple_Glow_Jedi

Purple_Glow_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2002
    Turns out more Torontonians are gonna be there than I thought.
    I havn't met any of you yet. This was my first topic i ever started. But I'll be the one running around with my arms in the air screaming because i dont know what i should buy. Last year i dropped $350 on comics, posters, and toys. I can only imagine how much will go this year.

Whats this talk about Worldcon? I am afraid i dont know what it is. Is it like "Wizardworld"?

2. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Worldcon is *THE* World Science Fiction convention. It's the one where the Hugo awards are given out and the one that many in the SF publishing industry consider mandatory attendance. Each year it is in a different city, in 2003 it will be here in Toronto. It's supposed to be amazing!

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Adastra on Steroids?

4. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Steroids Ken.

Yeap, World Con will cost a fortune but I'm gonna have to go, jus ton the solo basis that it's THE CON of CONs (position pending depending upon how it fares against TT) It'll be at the same place as SFX, already stashing money for it.

5. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

yeah, i've heard big things about world con. myself i can only worry about august right now and affording the spending frenzy that is SFX lol. but i know come next year, i'll be saving some moola for the occasion...AND HOW!

6. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    sfx maybe going, world con will go if it cost me my next life, or child, lung or any part of me to go, ill be there, you will notice im drunk.....

7. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Ok. That's it. Hold the phones.

Everyone here is talking at great length about the debt they will plunge themselves into when herded *against* their will into a room full of merchandise....

So, your saviour is here, and this is how it's gonna work.

For every piece of merchandise one buys for themselves, they will in turn have to purchase a piece of merchandise for me, of equal or greater value.
    Also, before entering the premises of the con, everyone will show me their disposable income. I will make a note of that exact amount, and whenever someone goes beyond that amount, I will loan it to them, at 40 percent interest.

I belive this to be a good deal. I will protect you from yourselves, and others that would pray on your uncontrollable and innocent addiction.(Think of me not as a friend, but as a Sci-fi merchandising pimp.)This should keep *most* of you safe, as the logical parts of you will see that this is no deal, and will abstain from spendthrift behaviour.

HOWEVER! For people like ELEWYN, JEDI KAT, and KENOBI2......they will build my collection for me, and I will come away from that day rich with merchandise and owning their souls....

Hey, I gotta start somewhere. All I own is an Episode 2 poster.

:)

8. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    And of course, those of us that get sucked into Jake's scheme will be reimbursed by Jake himself at a daily interest of 159.6652% - payable within one month of the initial purchase. So in all, not a bad deal for those of us willing to build his collection.

And if he fails that, we call in Elewyn's protector - Sheepman to break kneecaps for us!

9. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    i probably wont spend all that much, at t-trek all i bought was a rogue squadren patch and beer, I was pretty close to blowing my control and buying dozens of action figures, most likely i would have if there would have been loose vintage figures there but i didnt see any.

10. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Funny Jake ;) I have finally purchased my first AOTC action figure...Taun We (she's so cool!)

As for adding to your collection...your closet collection...I started it off...with that little lightsaber...you owe me your life...or something of equal or greater value... :D

11. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    That's no fair. I wanna break the knee caps. (unless otherwise bribed and or imbursed)

As for merchandise, I spend little on merchandise at cons, mainly autographs and anythign catching extraordinaire fancy.

12. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    like beer right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.