main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All time favourite Dark Jedi??????????/

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sarlaac, Nov 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Vadar was known as a Sith Lord, true.

But as for Dark Jedi, Anakin just before he became a Sith and Vadar, maybe.

But as my fave. Dark Jedi, it would be Xanatos.

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Dark Jedi and Sith are not interchangeable terms. Though the two orders are very similar and have a common origin, they are different. To say a Dark Jedi is a Sith is like saying a heretical Christian is a Muslim (no offense is intended to either religion, I?m just pulling religions out of the air to suit the example). Just as being a heretical Christian is not the same as being a Muslim (though one can be both), being a heretic Jedi is not the same as being Sith.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Exactly:

A Jedi is one who trains under a Master as a Padawan and eventually reaches the rank of Jedi Knight.

A Dark Jedi is the same as the above, but that person has fallen to the dark side.

A Sith is the same as a Dark Jedi, except that the person follows specific Sith teachings.

4. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    No, because that would be like saying all Muslim are heretic Christians. The Christians may consider them heretics, but most Muslim never considered themselves Christian. All Sith are Darksider?s, but are not necessarily Dark Jedi.

5. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    It's spelled "Muslim" and the plural is not "Muslims" it's just "Muslim" also. I should know; It's in my IB program.

6. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    And the Sith teachings mandate darkside manipulation - they're Dark Jedi.

7. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    No, like Gandolf the Grey and Bib said, Dark Jedi is Dark Jedi, and Sith is Sith. They are both Darksiders, but their trainning, lore, and trandition are very different. Dark Jedi might join the Sith like that of EPII spoiler, but basically, Dark Jedi is a fallen Jedi, such as Jerec in Jedi Knight, and Sith is those whom trained in the Sith way.

8. Lt_Kettch

Lt_Kettch Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    Luke Skywalker, and Exar Kun. i think the dark jedi are better than the light side.

9. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Well to me DJ suck but if I had to choose it would be Yun Sith and Dark Jedi are different

Kxar Kun isnt a DJ he is a Dark Lord of Sith a very powerful one in fact.

DJ had their day they suck.

10. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Care to elaborate as to exactly why they "suck"?

11. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    A fallen Jedi is one who cannot or will not follow the Jedi Code; s/he may or may not turn to the dark side. Vima Da Boda is a fallen Jedi, as is Kyle Katarn as of Jedi Outcast, and they are both lightsiders.

A dark Jedi is someone who is trained in the Jedi tradition, but falls to the dark side. S/he may be a fallen Jedi, like Jerec or Xanatos, or perhaps s/he was trained by fallen Jedi, like Yun.

The Sith are a completely different school of thought, but a Sith may be a dark Jedi, as is Vader.

That being said, Jerec and Adalric Brandl rock!

12. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Darth Maul

btw Dark Jedi are those who utilise the dark side of the force.
    The Sith are Dark Jedi(ppl who practice the dark side) but who have molded the dark side with sith magic and alchemey. i dont feel like going into detail about who sith orginally were(a magik using race) but you all probably know that

13. Lt_Kettch

Lt_Kettch Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    sorry i forgot to mention the sith.

14. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Sariss all the way! Followed by Yun and Brakiss :)

15. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Brakiss was pretty cool. Sariss was a damn fine looking woman. Dark Kyle from MotS was cool. Awwww, I just can't choose one! :D

16. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I've been hanging out in the P(SA) too often, but this is one point I definatly agree with them on.

wk

17. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    First off....Exar Kun is the best "Dark Jedi"

Second....Ulic was never a Dark Lord of the Sith, he was Exar's apprentice (read DLOTS #6)

Third.......Dark Jedi are those Jedi that have fallen to the dark side. And Sith are those who embrace the teachings of the Sith race. The Sith race was conquered long ago by fallen Jedi who became their Masters (either in GAOTS or FOTSE).

Not all Dark Jedi are Sith. Luke was never a Sith, nor was Kyp, nor will Jaina if she truly goes dark. They would have to emabrace the teachings in order to become a Sith.

Although he is repeatedly called a DLOTS I don't see how Vader could be one. If you can have only one DLOTS at a time, and that is Palpatine, then how could Vader?

18. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually in bane era sith, there can be only 2 of anytype of sith(If the the sith are keeping the rules.) Which means that 2 dlots can exist at the same time. or a sith maruder and a dlots etc.

The old rule from 5000 years before doesn't apply at that timeperiod.

19. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Of course Vader goes without saying, but I also like Xanatos, Brakiss, and Zekk. I know in the end Zekk did turn back to the lightside, but he was one great darksider.Exar Kun was good, too.

20. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    How can there be two DLOTS at the same time? Bane started the Master and apprentice philosophyor rule, I can't see him allowing his apprentice having equal power with him or even the same title. One Master, one apprentice. One DLOTS, the Master.

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    DLOTS appretince, and DLOTS master.

They are both dlots, but one is an apprentice the other the master. It doesn't mean that they are equals. Infact compare palpatine next to exar kun, palpatine is far more powerful. But both are still DLOTS.

22. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    First of all, my favorite Dark Jedi has to be Jaina Solo :)

I loved the way she turned a couple Vong into crispy critters during Sbs :D

But my second favorite is Kyp. Followed closely by Exar Kun. Oh, and Kyp did proclaim himself a dark lord of the sith during Dark Apprentice. Now whether or not you are one just by proclaiming yourself one is another story, but I thought I'd throw that one out to you.

Jae Angel

23. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    Yeah, I'll agree that Palpy and Exar are DLOTS, but as far as Palpy being more powerful........I don't think so. It only took one person to kill Paply, Vader, but how many Jedi did it take to destroy Exar?

As far as both Vader and Plapy being DLOTS I still disagree with you. They can both be Dark Lords, but only one can be DL of the Sith.

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You forget that Vader was capable of being the most powerful force user ever. That was why he was able to take palpatine down, and in effect weaken palpy forever(For his later destruction at the hands of the skywalkers and solos).

But as for the power differences between palpy and exar, check out the Dark Side Sourcebook. It has there skills and powers listed side by side, so you can see how they measure up. Even Vader was more powerful than exar kun. So in theory vader would have whupped exar kun across across the universe.

Lest you forget How many jedi couldn't take down vader or even palpatine, and died because of it. Only luke the son of the anakin in anger during a battle had defeated vader. Luke is supposed to be quite powerful himself the midi's were passed on to his blood in high numbers as well.

25. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    Yes, but Vader and Palpy never had to take on all the combined Jedi at the same time, did they? And if you look how Vader actually died it doesn't look as if he was all powerful. As he tossed Palpy away, the force energy "shorted out" his suit??? Thus killing him? Not too powerful to me.

I doubt Vader and Palpy will face thousands of Jedi at once. Isn't that the reason Palpy decides to destroy them piece by piece?

Besides, we don't know who would have defeated who. Exar never did reach the level that Palpy and Vader did. He was killed before he was able to achieve that knowledge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.