main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All time favourite Dark Jedi??????????/

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sarlaac, Nov 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Exar actually only fought a few jedi at a time, his minions fought alot of the rest. He never took on thousands of jedi himself. Infact he commited suicide because he knew he was losing. Locking his spirit away in hopes he could resurface in the future.

remember if you taking minions into account palpy had alot of them himself.

We don't know how many vader of palpy have fought in groups before. But vader is said to be quite powerful in all the sources, and if you decide to listen to lucas's diatribes about anakin. For as you may know, the movies are now the Saga of anakin skywalker. Yes the armor did become a weakness. But even with that armor he was stronger than exar kun was without armor according to all the sources. Just think of levels that vader could have achieved if he still had his healthy body, and had reached the level of sith knowledge that palpatine had. He would have been nere unstoppable. But because he was brash in his younger age, obi-wan exploited that weakness damaging vader and his future potential, but not completly.

2. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Palpatine is listed as more powerful than Kun because he lived much longer than Kun, and thus had more time to develop his skills and powers.
    Also, Palpatine was a sith right from his training. Kun was a jedi first, then became sith. he started his sith training late.
    i agree Palpatine was very powerful, probably about as powerful as Kun, but not more so than Kun might have been. Kun was quite exceptional.

3. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Exactly Sitara. We don't know Exar's true ability because he never had the opportunity to achieve it. Hell, Exar was only a Sith for a few years at best!!

As far as Vader needing a complete body to become more powerful, I don't think it is necessary. Is the Force more physical or mental?

Read The Sith War and see how many Jedi with their power were assembled at the end to defeat Exar.

4. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Physical and mental. Midi's allow connection to the force. Remove the flesh, and you remove part of that connection.

Lucas has said that palpatine was the most powerful sith ever. That is why it is the enemy of the saga, and not some other guy.

It has been hinted that palpatine may be a convergence of the darkide, one that must be destroyed or weakened to the point of being destroyed to ever have a chance of balancing the force.

5. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    Again, only because Exar wasn't allowed to continue his learning. And because this is Lucas' story.

Look at the level of power that Exar achieved in just his short time compared to Palpy. He was able, like Palpy, to remove his spirit from his body, but lacked the knowledge to put it back into a body. Given time, he would have been able to do it, just like Palpy.

6. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    *Lucas has said that palpatine was the most powerful sith ever. That is why it is the enemy of the saga, and not some other guy. *
    the most powerful sith in the movies, i agree, but not in the EU.

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It has been hinted that palpatine may be a convergence of the darkide, one that must be destroyed or weakened to the point of being destroyed to ever have a chance of balancing the force.

destroying exar kun was not part of the prophecy that was passed along since before exar kun's time.

That is not the most powerful of the movies that is the saga. Lucas has talked about the history of the sith and the prophecy before in some of his interviews.

8. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    yes, Exar was not part of the prophesy, but I feel he would have still been more powerful than Vader and Palpy if he had had a chance to achieve the levels they did. In his current state, no, he is not as powerful as them, but had the potential to be greater.

That would be like saying that Luke is more powerful than Jimmy. But we don't know who would be more powerful after the same amount of training.

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    exar kun was not a convergence in the force, he couldn't dream to achieve the same level as that of a demon so dark it was center of the darkside powers.

10. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    "it has been hinted that palpatine may be a convergence of the darkide,"

That is not a fact. That is a supposition. He may be that convergence, or he may not be.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Lucas hinted at that in an interview actually, and if he's supposition, ROTFLOL.

12. dark_jedi

dark_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2001
    i am my all time favorite dark jedi

13. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Oct 19, 2001
    It is still not a fact, just a hint. Get back to me after EPIII and we will continue this....LOL

14. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    It's got to be Vader, for me. He IS the ultimate villain. NOTHING in any movie has been able to TOUCH him. Nothing in any book, either.
    Getting technical, he was concieved by the midichlorions(sp?). Dosen't that make him demigod of sorts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.