main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"All too easy."

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by CuervaMorada, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuervaMorada

CuervaMorada Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    You know, to think just checking these boards just ONCE would have saved me alot of trouble. Here I am thinking no one in FL likes SW in obsessive levels like me,then I find this! I've been a long time visitor to TF.N, but I never knew Ft.Lauderdale had a SW Fan Club. I live in Miami Lakes.Anyone care to fill me in on what everyone does? Thanks alot!

2. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    We are a classic "grassroots" club founded May, 1999 when Ep1 premiered. Since then, we have grown from 4 to 24 members. We decided to make things official last August by becoming an official Fanforce chapter, Before then, we congregated on the Miami board before getting our own, The emphasis on the group has been always roleplay.

The core of our group hails from KLAW heritage(short for Klingon Legion of Assault Warriors)....and the emphasis was also on roleplay. The difference is that they had no way to truly arbitrate things like ..."I shot you....No you missed" that people got discouraged and the "suspension of disbelief" did not exist anymore. People like me who proposed a "gaming system" were rebuffed with the President saying that "There's a difference between role-playing and role-gaming:. I replied with "Well, There's a difference between role-playing and play-acting. He didn't like this, and I believe he was just uncomfortable with the "random element" gaming implores.....Well, It just all got so impossible with the final string being cut by the fact that a "Trill" wanted to portray an "addopted Klingon" was utterly rejected...Our Klingon ship decided enough was enough and we wanted something else...something we could CREATE rather than us being cut into classic, boring Klingon cookie-cutter molds!.....Hence, The Fadom Menace (aka Fandomenace) was born!

Since then, we usually congregate about mine and my wife's home, although we make appearances to such places as Gameworks at The Oasis at Sawgrass Mall this Sun.,Apr. 7!
    Many colorful characters and their histories have been created for the enjoyment of all. We have it all!... Jedi,Dathomir,Corellians,Droids,Gungans,Bothans,Twileks...you name it! We're always welcoming new members!

-Axton Tredway

3. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    We are a classic "grassroots" club founded May, 1999 when Ep1 premiered. Since then, we have grown from 4 to 24 members. We decided to make things official last August by becoming an official Fanforce chapter, Before then, we congregated on the Miami board before getting our own, The emphasis on the group has been always roleplay.

The core of our group hails from KLAW heritage(short for Klingon Legion of Assault Warriors)....and the emphasis was also on roleplay. The difference is that they had no way to truly arbitrate things like ..."I shot you....No you missed" that people got discouraged and the "suspension of disbelief" did not exist anymore. People like me who proposed a "gaming system" were rebuffed with the President saying that "There's a difference between role-playing and role-gaming:. I replied with "Well, There's a difference between role-playing and play-acting. He didn't like this, and I believe he was just uncomfortable with the "random element" gaming implores.....Well, It just all got so impossible with the final string being cut by the fact that a "Trill" wanted to portray an "addopted Klingon" was utterly rejected...Our Klingon ship decided enough was enough and we wanted something else...something we could CREATE rather than us being cut into classic, boring Klingon cookie-cutter molds!.....Hence, The Fadom Menace (aka Fandomenace) was born!

Since then, we usually congregate about mine and my wife's home, although we make appearances to such places as Gameworks at The Oasis at Sawgrass Mall this Sun.,Apr. 7!
    Many colorful characters and their histories have been created for the enjoyment of all. We have it all!... Jedi,Dathomir,Corellians,Droids,Gungans,Bothans,Twileks...you name it! We're always welcoming new members!

-Axton Tredway

4. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Sorry for the "double-post"! :)

-Axe

5. ChDetPiavra

ChDetPiavra Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2001
    CuervaMorada:

The Fandomenace extends a hand of frienship and invites you to our public meeting to be held at Gameworks at the Oasis at the Sawgrass Mills Mall. We look forward to meeting you.

"We would be honored if you would join us."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.