main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends All We Can Do Is Sit And Wait (JA, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan) - Complete (19/03/07)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Fifilla, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Uh oh! [face_worried] Obi-Wan is hurt and it's serious. Even not considering the blood loss, a break like that could lead to a deadly infection. You had better fix this (and Obi-Wan's arm!) [face_praying]

He screamed in agony when his upper arm bone finally gave way and broke with a sickening noise. Obi-Wan didn?t pass out, but the pain in his arm was so strong that his vision became blurred and he couldn?t think of anything other than the white hot flames that filled his mind.

When he was once again able to think straight he noticed that the branches didn?t move anymore; the tree seemed to have reached its final position. His left arm was still trapped between the two branches and every time he tried to move an incredible pain shot through his arm. He couldn?t see where he was lying or where Qui-Gon was.

Before he could decide what he should do, he heard Qui-Gon shout over their bond, //Obi-Wan? Can you hear me?// His voice was full of urgency and concern.

Two great updates! =D=

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That storm is worse than our epirience with the trees. Get help for Obi-Wan

3. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh no:oops: ... i knew this storm would be bad [face_worried]

I only hope someone can get to them soon, because now Obi Wan is also hurt, and Qui Gon isnt exactly in the best shape possible [face_plain]

Tnx a lot for the pm :D [face_peace]

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh dear! Now Obi-wan is even more injured than Qui-Gon, how in the world are they going to be able to get out of this? *bites nails nervously*

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Brilliant nail biting stuff![face_hypnotized]

Oh My Force!!:eek: Now their both in pain
    and Obi-Wan doesn't have the experience to heal him self like Qui-Gon does.

=D= =D= :cool:

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    With some effort Obi-Wan turned his head and tried to identify something despite the rain that poured down his face. For the first time he saw his broken arm. The sight was sickening and he had to control himself so he would not throw up. His left sleeve was ripped open from shoulder to elbow so that he could see the bone, for it had torn clear through the skin. A continuous stream of blood leaked from the wound, mingled with the rain and trickled down his arm.

//My arm is broken? Master? ? I think you should hurry! I am bleeding heavily?//
    :eek:

Oh, dear, even with the advance reading I get (I'm spoilered!), I get sucked in all over.

This is not good, not good at all.

7. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    PM List:
    -Darksaber-
    VaderLVR64
    Gkilkenny
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Veloz

VaderLVR64:
    Uh oh! [face_worried] Obi-Wan is hurt and it's serious. Even not considering the blood loss, a break like that could lead to a deadly infection. You had better fix this (and Obi-Wan's arm!) [face_praying]
    Two great updates! =D=

Thank you very much! :)
    They are in the middle of nowhere ? I?m not sure if I can fix it [face_whistling]

earlybird-obi-wan:
    That storm is worse than our epirience with the trees. Get help for Obi-Wan
    I will see what I can do for poor Obi?

Veloz:
    Oh no :oops:... i knew this storm would be bad [face_worried]
    I only hope someone can get to them soon, because now Obi Wan is also hurt, and Qui Gon isnt exactly in the best shape possible [face_plain]

Thanks for reading! :)
    I think help will come? but I?m not sure [face_devil]

Layren:
    Oh dear! Now Obi-wan is even more injured than Qui-Gon, how in the world are they going to be able to get out of this? *bites nails nervously*
    Here comes the next chapter ? but I am not sure if it can dim your nervousness [face_worried]

Gkilkenny:
    Brilliant nail biting stuff! [face_hypnotized]
    Thank you very much!!! [:D]

Valairy_Scot:
    Oh, dear, even with the advance reading I get (I'm spoilered!), I get sucked in all over.
    This is not good, not good at all.

Yes, you know already what will happen next :) ? but even you don?t know the end (do you have a bad feeling? ;) )

Chapter 5

Qui-Gon?s heart contracted painfully when he heard his Padawan?s words. Obi-Wan was bleeding heavily ? that was not good.

//Obi-Wan?// There was no answer and Qui-Gon tried again to reach his Padawan, this time with more emphasis. //Obi-Wan? Answer me!//

//Master? ? I cannot? concentrate? my head is? swimming.// Obi-Wan?s voice sounded slurred, even over the bond, Qui-Gon didn?t know if it was from the pain or from the blood loss.

//Obi-Wan, I need you to stay conscious! Do you hear me? This is an order! Can you stop the bleeding?// Qui-Gon knew that Obi-Wan would never disobey a direct order if he was able to react.

//I am? not sure? I can try.//

Qui-Gon sent a reassuring tendril through the bond and helped Obi-Wan to dim the pain. It was not much but there was nothing more he could do from a distance.

While he thought of the next steps to take, he noticed that the thunderstorm had disappeared with the same speed as it had approached. The storm had also reduced to a mere breeze, only the rain drummed down with undampened vehemence.

//Obi-Wan?// Qui-Gon made sure that his Padawan could hear him and continued, //I?ll use my lightsaber to get through to you. Inform me immediately if the tree starts to get unstable on your side.//

//Yes, Master.// Obi-Wan?s voice sounded a bit more firm than a few minutes prior. //I think I found a way to lessen the bleeding.//

Qui-Gon looked with his eyes as well as with his Force sense for a suitable place to begin. Then he unclipped his lightsaber from his belt and activated it. The green blade crackled and hissed in the rain. He began slowly and with extreme caution to work through the tangle of limbs.

He was relieved when he found that the tree was more stable than he thought. He interrupted his work from time to time and checked on his Padawan. Obi-Wan seemed to be no longer in danger of fainting; he had indeed managed to find a way to decrease the bleeding.

Qui-Gon didn?t know how long it took, but finally he reached Obi-Wan. He knelt down and gently laid a hand on his shoulder.

Obi-Wan tried to smile and said in a weak voice, ?Master, I?m very glad to see you!?

Qui-Gon caught a glimpse of Obi-Wan?s trapped arm and inhaled sharply. Obi-Wan had somehow managed to turn over so th

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Well at least things are looking up a bit! :p Loved the interaction between Master and Padawan. [face_love]

=D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    cold rain isn't good for both of them, but I am glad Obi-Wan is free from that tree

10. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    :eek: Poor Obi-Wan!

Qui-Gon retracted from Obi-Wan?s mind. His hands were numb and trembled, he felt dizzy and his surroundings swam in and out of focus. He took a few deep breaths and managed to clear his view. Aww, bless him, he's giving up all his energy for his Padawan! *Hugs Qui-Gon [:D]*

Lovely post.

-DS

11. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Evil! [face_worried] :_|

:p

Great update... at least Qui Gon managed to get Obi out of there in one piece :D ... now where is that help :confused: O:) [face_praying]

Tnx a lot for the pm :)

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Phew, thank goodness Qui-Gon was able to get to him and to help him! I do wonder what's taking the rescue party so long...

And I have a bad feeling about Obi-Wan being more injured than Qui...poor Qui will now have to do the bulk of everything and he could possibly strain those injuries, knowing how much he pushes himself....

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The relief that Qui-Gon projected over the bond when his Padawan answered him was almost palpable.

//I?ll come and get you ? don?t try to move! I felt your pain over the bond, where are you injured?//

With some effort Obi-Wan turned his head and tried to identify something despite the rain that poured down his face. For the first time he saw his broken arm. The sight was sickening and he had to control himself so he would not throw up. His left sleeve was ripped open from shoulder to elbow so that he could see the bone, for it had torn clear through the skin. A continuous stream of blood leaked from the wound, mingled with the rain and trickled down his arm.

//My arm is broken? Master? ? I think you should hurry! I am bleeding heavily?//

Hurry, Qui-Gon - your padawan desperately needs you! Just as I desperately need to get home and beta the lastest chapter so I know what's going to happen. C'mon, 5:00....

14. Master_Tigris_Leigh

Master_Tigris_Leigh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Great job Fifilla, I love action adventure type stories with Qui and Obi.

Though I suppose it's a bad sign that I was waiting for Obi to get injured after he survived the first crash intact. :p :D With Obi's luck I knew it was only a matter of time! Hopefully help arrives soon for the poor guys!!

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Thats an omen.:eek:

Exhausted he dropped down to the ground beside his Padawan and tiredly wiped the rain from his face.

It is not good to sit here in the cold rain, the thought shot through Qui-Gon?s mind but he wasn?t able to grasp it.

He had attended to his Padawan, now he just wanted to rest for a short while.

Keep going Qui-Gon get up off the ground pull Obi-Wan up and get back to the shuttle. Dont sit there and rest![face_worried]

16. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    PM List:
    -Darksaber-
    VaderLVR64
    Gkilkenny
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Veloz

VaderLVR64:
    Loved the interaction between Master and Padawan. [face_love]
    Thank you! [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan:
    cold rain isn't good for both of them, but I am glad Obi-Wan is free from that tree
    Obi-Wan is probably also glad ;)
    Enjoy the next chapter!

-Darksaber-:
    Aww, bless him, he's giving up all his energy for his Padawan! *Hugs Qui-Gon [:D]*
    Lovely post.

I think Qui-Gon would do everything for Obi!
    Thanks for reading!

Veloz:
    Great update... at least Qui Gon managed to get Obi out of there in one piece :D... now where is that help :confused: O:) [face_praying]
    I don?t know ? I hope help will come soon :p

Layren:
    Phew, thank goodness Qui-Gon was able to get to him and to help him! I do wonder what's taking the rescue party so long...
    Perhaps the rescue party is crashed too? [face_thinking] No, I don?t think so! :D I have a feeling that they will arrive soon?

Valairy_Scot:
    Hurry, Qui-Gon - your padawan desperately needs you! Just as I desperately need to get home and beta the lastest chapter so I know what's going to happen. C'mon, 5:00....
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Master_Tigris_Leigh:
    Great job Fifilla, I love action adventure type stories with Qui and Obi.
    Hopefully help arrives soon for the poor guys!!

Thanks for reading! :)
    Here comes the next chapter? and perhaps help? We will see!

Gkilkenny:
    Keep going Qui-Gon get up off the ground pull Obi-Wan up and get back to the shuttle. Dont sit there and rest! [face_worried]
    The next chapter will show if they will make it back to the shuttle? enjoy reading!

One more chapter before I start my weekend :D Enjoy!

Chapter 6

Obi-Wan felt much better after Qui-Gon had fed him with healing energy; observing how Qui-Gon took care of his arm. It still hurt a lot but the pain was bearable, now that his arm was immobilized.

Qui-Gon seemed absent-minded and tired, the scratches in his pale face were easy to see. There were dark circles around his eyes and his hands trembled.

Worried, Obi-Wan took a close look at his Master: how much of his Force energy had he spent if Obi-Wan felt this much better? Qui-Gon dropped down beside him and closed his eyes.

Obi-Wan stretched his senses and touched Qui-Gon?s end of the bond. He didn?t feel the familiar clear structure that always helped him to sort his own thoughts but rather a fuzzy swirling mass. It seemed as if Qui-Gon wasn?t able to think straight.

Obi-Wan knew that it was dangerous to sit here in the cold, wet and exhausted as they were. They needed to return to the shuttle where it was at least dry.

?Master?? he asked hesitantly.

Qui-Gon tiredly opened his eyes and confusedly blinked at him with hazy eyes.

?Master, we cannot sit here any longer, we must return to the shuttle.?

Qui-Gon squinted and shook his head. After two deep breaths he opened his eyes again and looked at Obi-Wan, ?You are right, let us take off.? His voice was raspy but his eyes glistened more clearly.

He got back to his feet and carefully helped Obi-Wan to stand up. Obi-Wan clenched his teeth when he moved his upper body and with it his broken arm.

They started their way back to the shuttle. With every step Obi-Wan felt as if someone had stabbed a knife in his upper arm. His body was ice cold but his arm burnt. His only wish was to reach the shuttle and leave the rain.

Neither Qui-Gon nor Obi-Wan said a word. They were exhausted and the higher gravity and the muddy ground didn?t help to ease their path. The energy that Qui-Gon had given to Obi-Wan was long used up. Obi-Wan now concentrated only on setting one foot in front of the other and tried to dim the pain in his arm.

It seemed like an eternity to Obi-Wan but they finally reach

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Oh my he is getting sick from that rain. Poor Obi-Wan :_| Qui-Gon has to help him

18. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Evil cliffie! :_| [face_worried]

*sigh* now Obi Wan is sick :_| ... nothing much Qui Gon can do with what little they have on that ship.... they really need help [face_praying]

Tnx a lot for the pm :D ... great update, even though it's torture [face_frustrated] [face_laugh]

19. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    This story is great!! :D

But Obi is sick!!!:_|

Please update soooooooon!:(

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Oh so sad, poor Obi now he is in worse condition than Qui-Gon
    lets hope some one arrives soon
    before a fever grips Qui-Gon[face_worried]

Lovely story=D=

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Master, help me!? he exhaled, barely audible.

The last thing he saw through his blurred vision was Qui-Gon, trying continuously to calm him down and keep him conscious.

The room spun

Uh oh. [face_worried]

22. Fifilla

Mar 9, 2006
    PM List:
    -Darksaber-
    VaderLVR64
    Gkilkenny
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Veloz

earlybird-obi-wan:
    Poor Obi-Wan :_| Qui-Gon has to help him
    He will! Thanks for reading!

Veloz:
    Evil cliffie! :_| [face_worried]
    ... great update, even though it's torture [face_frustrated] [face_laugh]

That?s what I had in mind ;) :p

MASTER_KAYM:
    This story is great!! :D
    Please update soooooooon! :(

Thank you for reading! :)
    Here is the update?

Gkilkenny:
    Lovely story =D=
    Thank you! [:D]

VaderLVR64:
    Uh oh. [face_worried]
    Don?t worry ? help is coming! :)

Chapter 7

Qui-Gon was glad when they finally reached the shuttle. Although he had been able to restock his energies on the way back to the shuttle he still was exhausted.

Not for the first time in the last hour he wondered where Obi-Wan took his strength from. His Padawan hadn?t made a single complaint; the only statement was a low painful moan from time to time when an unmindful step agitated his broken arm.

Qui-Gon guided Obi-Wan inside the shuttle and told him to sit down.

The boy was a bit pale but otherwise he looked rather fine considering the amount of pain he had to be in. Qui-Gon was very proud of how his Padawan had handled the last few hours. If Obi-Wan hadn?t insisted that they return to the shuttle, he would probably still be sitting in the rain. He shook his head about his foolish behavior; how could he have let sheer exhaustion control his thoughts?

He knelt down and laid a hand on Obi-Wan?s forehead to soothe his pain. Obi-Wan sighed in relief and relaxed noticeably.

Qui-Gon stroked his Padawan?s hair, ?I?ll be back in a moment. Do you need anything??

Obi-Wan shook his head and tried to smile. ?No, thank you, Master.? His voice trembled slightly.

Qui-Gon stood up and went to the pilot console. For a few minutes he tried to regain the lost energy but without success. The lightning strike had obviously destroyed the energy conduction. He sighed; he wouldn?t be able to transmit another emergency call. They could only hope that someone had picked up their transmission.

When he returned to Obi-Wan he noticed that the boy was shivering. He took off his cloak and placed it around Obi-Wan?s shoulders. Qui-Gon frowned when Obi-Wan didn?t react. He just gazed at the floor without blinking.

?Padawan? How are you feeling? Are you all right??

Obi-Wan?s gaze travelled slowly from the floor to Qui-Gon?s face but he gave no response. Qui-Gon was not sure if he had taken in his words.

Once more he laid a hand on Obi-Wan?s forehead. His skin was now clammy and sweaty. Qui-Gon tried to reach his apprentice through the bond, //Can you hear me, Obi-Wan?// but Obi-Wan didn?t react. Qui-Gon sensed that his Padawan was trying vainly to grasp the Force.

Obi-Wan shut his eyes, his respiration now faster than before. Qui-Gon took his pulse, it was rapid and weak. He cursed silently, that was not good. Obi-Wan was slipping into shock, he needed to calm down.

Qui-Gon had done everything he could. He had stopped the bleeding, he had kept Obi-Wan warm and he had soothed the pain the best he could. All he could do now was sit and wait for the rescue party. The blood loss had been severe but far from life-threatening; and other than the broken arm which probably was incredibly painful but also not life-threatening he couldn?t see any other injuries. But nevertheless Obi-Wan seemed to slip further and further into shock. What he really needed now was an infusion to compensate for the blood loss. But that was beyond Qui-Gon?s possibilities; the medical supplies in the shuttle were limited to some simple patches and bandages and some Bacta but nothing to treat severe injuries.

Qui-Gon made his Padawan stretch out on the floor and elevated his feet. Then he knelt down beside him and cradled Obi-Wan?s head in hi

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Yahoo!! Healers to the rescue.:cool:

Qui-Gon is so worried about his padawan.[face_praying]

I love the mushy bits between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.[face_love]

I love this story.=D=

24. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yes! finally help arrived [face_dancing]

Tnx so much for putting me out of my misery [face_laugh] ... i know that u love to torture us somewhat o_O

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    You too have some nice healers, Obi is going to be alright
    Thanks for the great update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.