All we need is a couple good ideas...

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by RABIDJAWA, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I realize that right now we're in the middle of producing a couple of flicks for this year's Fanfilm Awards, but it never hurt to think ahead. They're probably gonna have a contest next year, and it would be nice if we had several projects in development, so we don't have to scramble like we have the past two years. If you've got something, let Erik or Doug or SOMEBODY know so we can get to work on it ASAP.
  2. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    My Matrix Cantina film is still suffering from a critical writing block (no location isnt helping either). With a film that short, every line has to be gold (or that may just be the perfectionist in me talking).

I can post the script if we want.
  3. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm thinkin' we all need to get together after we finish "Reepo" and the other stuff and have a woodshedding session, know get some ideas saved up for later use.

I'd also really like to do some stuff that's not tied to any pre-existing franchise. It would be good to expand our vision.

Barry, I wouldn't post your script where everyone could read it. If you can, just get ahold of somebody and set up a time when we can all get together and grind it out.
  4. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We really should get together and discuss film ideas. I think Barry's film is a prime candidate to be made, if he can fix that one line (isn't it one line your hanging on Barry?) and we can find a location for it.
    I'm sure we can come up with a lot of other good ideas.
    Wouldn't it be cool if we could come up with a bunch of other good ideas. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have a couple different films done in time for the 2004 awards (if there's gonna' be any.) What do you think Lucasfilm would think if a whole bunch of films came in from Idaho, with a lot of the same names on the credits?
    So anyhow, the brainstorming session sounds great.
    Ryan A.
  5. INDY-RY_KENOBI Jedi Padawan

That would be AWESOME, Ryan! :)

I think we should all get together as the Fan-Film committee, and do a bit of brainstorming. What day is good for you guys?
  6. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, here. "Reepo" isn't done yet, and until it is, we need to focus our energy there. And seeing that "Reepo" has driven several of us to the brink of insanity, we may need to take a little time off and let our creative energies regenerate.

So, let's forget the woodshedding meeting for a while and just get "Reepo" done.
  7. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am pretty sure you boys are already insane, it isn't fair to blame it on "Reepo". Just kidding guys, I just wanted to post something. But really, I think you had a great idea Adam. It never hurts to get things brewing in peoples heads.
  8. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah I think we were already all a little fargone before "Reepo" but it has probably pushed us over the edge.
    I think we will all need a break for a while afterwards, but as soon as we've had some time to rest at the Bellview hospital, we should get cooking on some new ideas.

Talk to you all later,
    Ryan A.
  9. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    What I'm a little concerned about is that what happened last year after "Wan-abi" is gonna happen this year after "Reepo"; where we talked about doing stuff, but nothing really happened until they announced the contest. I think we should take
    June off, but if we're not working on something by July or August, then that isn't good.

By the way, I just found out that Tromadance, a film festival thrown by the folks who made "The Toxic Avenger", is held is Salt Lake City. If we could get something into that, maybe a bunch of us could go down and, you know, have a big party.
  10. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    oooooooooooh, that's in Salt Lake huh? Wow, we could do that, and that would give us a chance to do something non-SW for a change. Could be cool.

Ryan A.
  11. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Party, did I hear party???? When is this festival Adam?
  12. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    The festival is in January, I think. I've got a script that I wrote a couple months ago, but I don't know that it's ready to shoot. When we're ready, and "Reepo" is done, I want to get some people together, sit down and do a read-through/spitballing session.

By the way, I read an article last night at work that really inspired me. I think sometime soon I'd like to do a zombie movie.
  13. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, and anybody (and I mean ANYBODY) who's got an idea that they think would make a good film, write it down so you can bring it when we have our meeting. It doesn't have to be Star Wars.
  14. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Sounds like fun....just no bluescreen, ok?? :)

Hey Bithlord....Bellevue, isn't that where Edward Van Halen is supposedly "relaxing comfortably"??? I'm so there!!!

Ariadnae1, you're correct....mama we're all crazy now!!!!

Festival in SLC, sounds like a topic for a new thread....

Doug

15. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was hoping I got that quote close enough for someone to recognize that "Hot For Teacher" allusion.
    Gee what a surprise that jedi5150 should figure it out.
    Ok, so actually it was pretty much in there for Doug's sake anyhow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.