main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga *All Who Have Loved* - {A Young Anakin Skywalker Vignette}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by iLoveAnakin7, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Title: "All Who Have Loved", a young Anakin vignette.
    Time Period: Post TPM
    Characters: Anakin with mentions of others.
    Summary: While walking through the Temple halls, Anakin reflects on his young life, and the events that have transpired since he was freed from slavery.
    Notes: Reviews are love[face_love]

Trailing aimlessly through the halls of the glow lit Temple at dawn?s first light, recently liberated Anakin Skywalker trailed his fingers along the brisk walls as he quietly reflected on the circumstances of his new life.

He had been walking alone for hours on end, staring into the blank darkness, trying to sort out the tumultuous events that had transpired in only a few short days. Had it not been for his strong will, he might have gone into a depression.

He had left his quarters quietly making sure not to disturb Obi-Wan from his slumber. Things were not going well.

Not between them...not between him and his life.

So many unsightly events had transpired in that first week of his new life. None in particular that the young boy cared to dwell on for too long. It seems he had lost it all before he truly had, had a firm clutch on it. His life so out of control, so out of his grasp.

His mother.

Thoughts of Shmi abandoned in that wreck and ruin of a slave hovel left to fend for herself plagued his young mind. Having been a slave himself not so long ago provided acute memories of torture and flashes of pain they so very often endured at the hands of Watto.

He vaguely recalled a happy moment when he had wanted to buy his mother a precious silk cloth from a stand in Mos Espa. The silk had felt warm and smooth against his rough and worn fingertips?like the feel of Shmi?s smooth cheek when she embraced Anakin in her arms after a grueling day at Watto?s shop.

He could not afford the cloth, but he knew his mother's love was always free.

He yearned for her warm feel deeply. Coruscant was much colder than Shmi.

Padme.

The light in his nine-year-old eyes had shown brightly whenever his angel had graced a room. He hadn?t known it at first, but she was Queen of her very own planet. He had thought it most befitting of one so strong and beautiful. Anakin knew from the first time he had laid eyes on her, that she would be the Queen of his heart.

She had responsibility beyond her years. Perhaps that was what made her so appealing to his young eyes. The thought of one having complete power over their life and their destiny made his stomach tingle in an excited way. Even as a Jedi, he was not free to choose his own path. Having been exalted the legendary ?Chosen One? meant Anakin had a responsibility to the Order and to the galaxy he was not yet sure he understood, or was ready to face.

Padme had remained vivid in his dreams, a picturesque image born from the first special memory he could recall of her.

Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon had been the first embraceable father figure he had ever had. Qui-Gon had been his liberator, his freer from captive evil. He hadn?t known it at the time, but Qui-Gon had made a bet with Watto on the Boonta Race, holding Anakin?s future in the balance. Anakin was finally free. Something he had only been able to dream about in his nine years of servitude. But was he truly free? Free from loss and pain that now haunted his thoughts? Anakin knew he could only find the answer from within. Another trial to be completed on the Jedi path.

Qui-Gon had very much exceeded Anakin?s expectations of what a Jedi should be. Except Qui-Gon had done the one thing Anakin believed no Jedi should do. He had left him.

He had died.

He had vanquished at the hands of the Sith Lord in the Theed Palace without any warning to Anakin to ease his troubled mind.

No one can kill a Jedi.

On Tatooine, Anakin had believed with his entire being that the Jedi were invincible. The realization of Qui-Gon?s premature death was just another innocence the young boy had soon been stripped of after arriv

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    and maybe one day if he tried hard enough, Obi-Wan would love him too.

He will Anakin, he will.

This was incredibly touching, Dee. Gosh, I feel so sorry for Anakin. He's free, but he really isn't...not from his memories.

Great job, I hope you write more :D This got to me :(

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Nice Job!!

Loved this...

You should do more.

4. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    and maybe one day if he tried hard enough, Obi-Wan would love him too.

awww... Ani, no doubt, he will... he definitely will...

I loved this... good job, iLA... great job...

Rachel Rose@};-

5. Dark_Disciple

Dark_Disciple Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    Qui-Gon had been the first embraceable father figure he had ever had.

And there you have it, and with that the chase was on for young Anakin to find a replacement after Qui-Gon's death. Sometimes it was Obi-Wan and later it became Palps, who took on that father type role. This is a lovely fic iLA7, touching. I can see how confused and unsettled little Anakin must have been in those early days at the temple.

6. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    luver: Thanks for reading. I'm glad I sparked some emotion in ya Crystal!:D

hyperspace_police: Thanks for reading! :D

AnakinLuver: Yes Obi-Wan will. Ani so insecure right now. Thanks for reading! :D

Disciple: I agree. I think Anakin was always confused about father figures after Qui-Gon. Thanks for reading! :D

7. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Aww, that was so touching!

The silk had felt warm and smooth against his rough and worn fingertips?like the feel of Shmi?s smooth cheek when she embraced Anakin in her arms after a grueling day at Watto?s shop.

He could not afford the cloth, but he knew his mother's love was always free.

[face_love]

I liked his thoughts about Padme and Qui-Gon, too. Poor Anakin...I don't think he was ever truly free, except at the very end of his life. :(

Wonderful job, iLoveAnakin! =D= @};-

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, poor Anakin. He seems so lost. :_|

You really got to the heart of the emotions Anakin must have been feeling after his arrival at the Temple. His young mind must have been in a turmoil of grief, trepidation, etc.

I love how you explored how each person had impacted him.

Excellent viggie! =D=

9. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    amidala: I agree, Anakin suffered until his death in RotJ. What a way to go out huh:( thanks for reading!:D

Gina: I'm glad you liked the exploration of feelings! Thanks for reading:D

10. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Well done for writing this. =D= You really captured the sense of loss and homelessness Anakin must have felt in his early days/weeks/months at the Temple.

11. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Thank you leia_naberrie, and sorry for the late reply [face_blush]

12. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Oh he last few paragraphs were amazing.

13. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    This is a wonderfully written vignette of the young Ani Skywalker!:D
    Very well captured in his emoitions in embracing this 'new life' as
    a member of the Jedi order and the way his feelings are explored
    into a solid peice are simply amazing!
    Poor Ani...:(He has endured so much not only as a child but in his adult-life-to-be as well.

Great Viggie!!=D=I Loved it!

14. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awww I don't usually read Anakin very much but I thought you did a very good job with this one. I especially loved how willing he was to work things out with Obi-Wan because of all the sacrifices made for him to get this far. [face_love] well done! =D==D=

15. iLoveAnakin7

Apr 17, 2005
    Alley: Thank you:D

EmpressJade: Anakin's life was very hard as a child as an adult, and his character arc is most interesting. Thanks for reading:D

Layren: Thanks Layren!!!!!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.