main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

All who have read the novelizations of TPM and AOTC:

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by jeajon126, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeajon126

jeajon126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    If there are any scenes or statements in the Novelizations of TPM or AOTC which you think should have been included in the movies, post them here. Just curious thanks.

2. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I read the Episode I Novelization a few months after I saw the film, but I've never read the one for Episode II.

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I think the extra things with Anakin and the Sandpeople and with his mother would have been nice in TPM. With AOTC, basically everything in the book, as it's mostly deleted scenes that SHOULD have been in there. There is some extra Jango stuff that would have been nice and the Shmi, Cliegg, Owen, and Beru stuff was nice as well.

4. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I think Anakin telling Padme he would marry her in the TPM novelization should have stayed.

5. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    A big one for me in TPM - Padme apologizing to Anakin about deceiving him regarding her identity. I think it's an important to continue the thread of friendship between them and show that Padme did care. And that's really the only one I can recall.

Otherwise, all of the AOTC novel scenes that I liked were deleted scenes from the movie that I argued should have stayed in or simply wouldn't have fit with the way the film was put together. (i.e. Early scenes of Shmi with her family.)

6. Emperor_Gunray

Emperor_Gunray Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    In TPM theres an extra scene where Nute Gunray reports to Darth Sidious that the Jedi escaped, Sidious isnt pleased and tells Nute he is dissapointed. Angry about this, Nute shouts at Sidous and tries to explain until Sidious cuts him off and accuses him off defying him, Gunray quickly backpeddles and promises he will find the Jedi.

7. BareBodkin

BareBodkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Besides the sand people scene in TPM, I kind of liked the bit in the AOTC novel where in Padme puts Threepio's coverings on.

8. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I read a long time ago so I forget but I think it showed Shmi gettin captured in AOTC I wouldve liked that.

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I've read them and I liked them both. I can't say which one is better because TPM has better writting style and AOTC has better story.

10. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002

I second the "Padme finishes 3PO" concept.

Lucas refers to Anakin as "3Po's father."

The "father" would be responsible for many of this "child's" internal characteristics.

The child could have "gotten his looks from his mom," as a human parent would contribute some chromosomes.

Kinda cute.

Now, with Shmi having finished 3PO, there's this whole... incest angle.

Ecch.

11. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Let's just say I'm glad that the meeting with the Naberries was cut from Attack of the Clones. It looked horrible on paper, and it was positively nausea-inducing on-screen in the deleted scenes section on the DVD. It contains some of the worst acting and dialogue I have ever seen; I'm betting that Clones would have lost half its fanbase if Lucas had included this scene.

12. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    Regarding TPM- definitely the scene where Anakin tells Padme he is going to marry her. Maybe in the next edition.

AOTC- The extended Anakin/Dooku duel.

13. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    In TPM, Qui-Gon scolds Ob1 for leaving his lightsaber on when he jumped into some water and it shorted out his blade. It was a good characterization point that showed the Ob1 was still not ready for the tests.

In AOTC, Daddy Lars' attempt to find Shmi and how he lost his leg.

14. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    i liked both novels provided alot of character that wasn't in he book although aotc had the obi wan talking to mace scene and the revised version which included yoda which seemed wierd since it was basically the same scene redone same with dooku seducing padme scene later revised to include obi wan. seemed a little superfluous

15. Oracle_Ye_Prophecy

Oracle_Ye_Prophecy Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2004
    Just the scene where Anakin saves the Tusken in TPM and the Padme parent's house scenes in AOTC. More Lars in AOTC too.

16. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Sebulba's butt catches fire when he crashes!

17. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Qui-Gon sells Anakin's Podracer to Sebulba!

18. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    yeah several as far as I remember but I cant remember the scenes anymore. will have to read them again soon.

-Mel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.