main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC All Who Went To the Midnight Premiere!! POst Your Opinions here please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mystic_Warrior_Queen, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystic_Warrior_Queen

Mystic_Warrior_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    Hey guys how are you all doing? Please tell me what you all thought of thie movie.

2. sirliam

sirliam Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2001
    Funily enoughm though not the midnight show overhere, I'll be in the theatre at about the same time as you who do back home. There in spirit (or should that be force :) ) Derisa, I hope you are making good use of the costumes!

Be Well all

Liam

3. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I was at the midnight primiere. There is no doubt that George is vindicated with this film. The action sequences were paced just right so that the plot built steadily to its end without overpowering the rest of the story. Although I wished there was just a tiny bit more to the ending, I left feeling satisfied. Yes, I can now see the entire story, from Episode I to VI, and am even more impressed with his skill as a storyteller.

Aside from the few "wanta-be" fans who showed up in some of the singularly most peculiar costumes for a Star Wars film (and when aren't there these types), most of the costumes added to the atmosphere. For those of you who weren't there, Silver City actually added two showings: one at 1205 and another at 1210. Most of us with the local clubs elected to bow out of the 1201 showing and went to the 1210 because the theatre was only two-thirds full and we could absorb the movie without audience chatter.

To those of you who haven't seen it yet --- enjoy. I'm going again, possibly Friday night at the Odeon. Is anyone else going to be there? If so, I'll costume it, too.

4. don-mccaskill

don-mccaskill Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I went to todays 12:40 showing, the audience was great. Glad to see all the people that showed up nice and early for the noon show and the few in coustume.

Star Wars Images

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Saw the noon show (met Don there! Hi Don!)

The costumes will be getting a full workout tomorrow night, Liam, thanks: my evil Padawan Fletcher will be in your Sith robes, and I will be in your lovely and talented ladiy's Jedi gear. :) Yay SW,. Yay Episode three!

Ten PM, Silver City is the plan, full costumes and silliness will abound, and we'll likely head to our traditional hangout of Alzu's afterwards for coffee and fandom ****. :) Hope to see you there!

*Derisa*

6. superdarkdood42

superdarkdood42 Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    yes, the midnight showing was awsome, our local radio was giving out prizes for trivia ques and other junk, I dressed up as OB1 and won 3rd place in the costume contest.
    I thought it was suuuuch a dark movie, it was sad to c all the jedi die, Mace Windu deserved a more "honorable" death. To see the young pad-ones die was soooo horrible and sad. ;_; But nice job George on adding in the humor with R2D2, without it it would be too much sadness to bear, very dark and evil. I think that Ewen McGregor did a FANTASTIC job with my personal fave:eek:B1 and with the few parts that sucked with OB, it wasn't his fault, those were writing flaws.

over-all:3 3/4

7. NessaSolo

NessaSolo Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    That was by far the best of the prequels!! Loved it. I'll be going to Silver City tonight too. I'll try to find you Derisa. Can't wait!

8. NessaSolo

NessaSolo Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Hmm. Somehow my message posted twice. Oh well. Double the excitement!! Yay Star Wars.

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Looking forward to meeting you, Nessa. :)

*Derisa*

10. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I was at the 12:01 viewing at silvercity. I remeber leaving with many miuxed emotions. I was satisfied that "the circle is now complete" and how it was done quite well, but I was also depressed because it was over, there are no more SW movies! I was also depressed just because so many people I liked died. I also would have like to see a bit more the action from during the war with the separitists, and more of the bad guys like grievous who we never even got to know, i also think there should have been more wookies, i was looking forward to them but there wasnt enough. I would have liked to see more of the battles like they did in the clone wars cartoon series but on a more grand scale. But all in all it was a great and terrific movie, and i twarrants a second viewing because I still dont know what to think of it. It's just so different from the rest of the prequels, but way more similar to the sequels. it's so dark! ...that was a bit of a speil, now got see it... you want to go see it again (jedi mind trick)

11. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Dango:

George told us at CIII that there are plans in the works for a TV series (I received the impression it would be live action vice animation) that will cover the years between Episodes III and IV. It will deal with extraneous characters, though, not the important ones. If you want to know more about characters like Grievous, check out the novels and comic books. They tend to fill in the blanks.

12. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    Hey All!!

I think it was great to see alot of you there at the premeire and to finally meet a few of you(Dango & Mystic-warrior-queen)
    My take on the film was AWESOME a tiny bit of disappointment that I did not get to even see a Vader lightsaber. I hoped and thought that with all the merchandise and publicity stills it would happen,none the less it was Fantastic!!

If you would like to check out some of our premeire pics click on the link to our local "Outerrim Squadron" website link below and please feel free to send us an email on the links page to the outerrim@shaw.ca

This was an amazing experience and I was delighted to share it with all of my fellow Star Wars fans.
    Although I was wearing the Darth Vader costume I may have missed a few of you and I apologise for that but to the people who reconized me and commented on the costume..Thanks!!

Darth Dave Out!!

13. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Sorry to intrude, but just FYI, signups have now begun for the next WCRF Trivia Game!!!

Clickie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.