main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All Work and No Play, Post-EBS AU Luke, Leia,Vader, Others Complete 11/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediStarMoonstruck, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Welcome to my third fic. This one is a bit insane. Mainly due to a couple of children and their ?Playground.? I know that may sound confusing, but things clear up. In the third post. :) That?s where the fun begins anyway.

Title: All Work and No Play
    Author: JediStarMoonstruck
    Time Period: Post-EBS
    Characters: Luke, Leia, Vader, others
    Genre: AU, slightly humor
    Summary: Two strange children cause a lot of problems for Luke, Leia and the entire Rebel base. But when their antics attract the attention of Vader, they trigger the final battle between the Light and the Dark Sides of the Force.

2. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    All Work and No Play

Luke Skywalker was trying to run to his room. It was hard to do when there were clusters of Alliance personnel doing their jobs and such. He had left an important file in his room, one that General Rieekan needed at this moment. He was supposed to meet up with the General in a standard five minutes.

Luke would rather be heading back to Dagobah to continue his training under Master Yoda, but he could not. Ever since he, Leia, Chewie and Lando freed Han from carbon freeze two months after Bespin, the Alliance handed down project after project for the budding Jedi to perform. He barely had time to think much less submit a request for leave to Dagobah.

He sighed. Then again, not thinking had its good points. He did not have to worry about what happened on Bespin. What happened with Vader.

He stopped running, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He could not think about that right now. He had work to do. He was Luke Skywalker, a Jedi-in-training and commander of Rogue Squadron. He had things to do. He could not focus on his personal life now. Regardless of how traumatic it was.

He started off in a run again. Avoiding some pilots standing around and ducking under an X-wing S-foil, he headed to his quarters where the file awaited.

He did not see the little blond and blue-eyed boy sitting on the bottom S-foil, carefully watching him go.

The boy slid off the S-foil as Luke disappeared around a corner. So this was Grown-Up World. The stories he heard made it sound a lot worse. Still, it did not look fun, either.

The boy put his hands behind his head and turned around in a circle, viewing the Alliance base. It was all work for these beings. Did they ever take a break? Play around for a bit? The boy heard laughing and quickly turned. He jumped back on the S-foil and climbed on top of the ship. He peered over it and saw some Grown-Ups talking. He could not see what was funny. Were they playing? It did not look like they were.

?There you are!?

The boy turned to see a girl around nine years old with brown eyes and brown hair that was in a ponytail running toward him. She stopped as a Rebel pilot walked past her. The pilot paid no attention to the two children, certainly not one that was on top of an X-wing. It was as if they were invisible to everyone in the rebel base.

?You broke the rules,? said the girl, her hands on her hips and looking up at her brother.

The boy sighed and climbed off the ship. ?But it?s boring on the Playground. All I do is play House,? he grumbled as his feet made contact with the ground.

?But it?s boring out here,? the girl pointed out. ?This is Grown-Up World. We?re not supposed to go into Grown-Up World because it?s boring out here. We have to stay on the Playground. That?s the rules!?

?Who makes the rules, anyway??

The girl opened her mouth, but nothing came out. She huffed and said, ?It doesn?t matter. There are rules, whether we like them or not.?

?He broke the rules, remember,? the boy brought up, his blond hair bouncing up as he jumped. Yes, he had to bring that event up. One of their friends brought someone from another Playground into theirs. It was not right to bring those from other Playgrounds into others. The Playgrounds were separated for a reason. However, no one knew what the reason was. No one knew who came up with the rules.

The girl bit her lip. ?But he goes back sometimes. He doesn?t stay all the time!?

?Besides, have you seen this place? They?re working so hard! They?re not playing at all!? The boy looked shocked, his blue eyes very wide. How could Grown-Ups not play?

?But what can we do? We have to be on the playground!? she said again. Another rebel personnel walked by the two children, again, it appeared that the two invisible to those around them.

?Who?s going to stop us if we play here for awhile?? the boy whispered excitedly. ?No one is going to come! We?re the only ones who can leave the Playground and come to Grown-Up W

3. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Oh... dear. Star, this is going to be very strange. Very strange indeed.

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ohhh this should be very interesting I can see them getting into a load of trouble now, I can't wait for more :D

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    This is going to be very different.
    No wonder adults don't have fun if the playground won't the children out to play.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This will be...slightly insane.

And by 'slightly' I mean completely, totally kriffed up.

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Very original to say the least :p Good start, JSM :)

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ohhhhh looks interesting :D

:D

9. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Well I'm hooked. Very eerie!

10. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Notice: If anyone wants to be PMed, please inform me now. You must tell me if you want to or not. If I get no answer, I will not send a PM.

The reason I'm doing this is because someone PM me back last night (someone who only posted once in POW) saying not to PM them anymore. I was greatly hurt by that. I've never gotten a bad response before and I am extremely fragile to begin with.

Since I don't know if anyone else wants to read this more than once, I will only PM those who ask for it.

Thank you,
    JSM

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    This seems really really cool and fun. You can PM me when you update this.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Please PM me when you update, JSM.

13. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    I don't mind the PM's :D

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm fine with PMs.

15. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Fridays will be now called Reply day. Only day I have free during the week to do them.

Replies:

flowerbee: Don't we know it. :p

Falcon: I don't know about trouble. No adults around. [face_devil]

RebelMom: You have no idea. :p

How true. [face_laugh]

Striker: True, true. ;)

YK: To say the least? o_O You can comment more on this, surely?

maramijade: Thanks. :)

Gina: Glad you like the bait. :p It's gets eerier(?)

Laine_Snowtrekker: Thanks. :D

PMs noted. Thanks for putting up with this.

Post tomorrow. :D

16. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Let?s see what our friendly neighboorhood Sith and smuggler is doing, shall we? :D [face_devil]

The Force was pulsating.

Darth Vader stared out into space in his private quarters, pondering this occurrence. He had felt something like this before. In the presence of Jedi, his master and his son, but this one was very different and strange. It felt small. The Force was not shouting it out like it did with the others. It was pulsating so little that Vader would not had felt it normally.

The reason he did feel it was that he caught Luke?s sense in it. It was faint, just like the entire pulse, but it was there. And it, too, felt strange. It was different from when he felt his son?s presence.

Vader shook his head, trying to clear his mind. He stepped away from the window. His thoughts drifted to his son. Luke.

He had never dreamed that he would have a son. Pad ? his wife had left him, never telling him she was carrying their child. He had spent four years searching for her, in between hunting down the Jedi. He had always felt her presence. He could never pinpoint her, but he could always feel her. Then, one day, her presence disappeared completely.

He barely remembered that day. Reports had it that he had killed at least several dozen personnel in his rage. Not that it mattered to him.

Then came Luke. He had felt the boy?s presence over the Death Star. Looking back, he could remember feeling a trace of his wife in Luke?s presence. His signature was a mixture of his parents, but still very unique.

He smiled as he continued to pace around his quarters. The boy had not been told the truth about his heritage. He had been lied to. That should make it easier to convert the boy. If he showed lies among his friends, while he gave truths, his son would come willingly. He only had to find if his friends had lied to him. Doubtful.

He stopped walking. Regardless of how he turned his son, Vader was certain of the outcome. Luke would turn to the Dark Side. Together, they would rule the galaxy as Father and Son.

The Force pulsated again. Still very faint and small. He searched it and found Luke?s presence again, still strange. It was as if this Luke was small and innocent. He also thought he felt the Princess? presence as well. It, too, was like Luke?s. Strange and like she was small and innocent. And it was not the kind of innocence that was the opposite of guilty. It was as if these two had not seen the horror of battle, which Vader knew was completely false. Luke and the Princess had seen more battles than he figured either would like to see.

So why was this feeling so strange?

He shook his head again. He had to figure out where this was coming from.

Wherever it was coming from, he was sure he would find Luke.

Han Solo was very glad to be out of carbonite. He was not very happy that he never got to see Leia anymore. The Alliance kept her busy. Luke, too. He only got to see the two at meal times. Cursing the Council with every curse he knew, he walked over to where Wedge, Lando and the other X-wing pilots were playing Sabacc.

Wes Janson put his cards on the table. ?I?m telling you, he?s cheating!? He pointed a finger at Lando who was grinning like a sabercat. ?He?s got to be.?

Hobbie Klivian grinned. ?You?re just a sore loser, Wes.? He picked up a card and his grin quickly faded. He threw down his cards. ?I agree with Wes.?

?You two need to lighten up,? said Lando. ?It?s only a game.?

?Game where you win all the credits,? muttered Wes, leaning against his seat.

?Hey, Han,? said Wedge as his eyes met the space pirate. ?You want to lose credits, too??

?No way,? responded Han. ?I know Lando too well to risk my credits.?

The former Baron looked up at the smuggler with a hurt face. ?You don?t know me at all, old friend.?

?Seen Luke lately, Han?? asked Tycho Celchu as he placed a card in the pile.

?Not the way he keeps running around here.?

?He needs a break,? commented Wes. ?I?ve nev

17. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Wow, sweet!!!!!!!! :D
    This a great start so far-I can't wait to see where this goes next! ^^

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    oh I need more of this :D

19. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Little kids wanting to play are being noticed by Darth Daddy. Not good.

Oh, my, it's prank time. Sounds like fun. ;)

20. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    Wes and Hobbie arn't as bad as two kids, they are worse, because they are adults who act like kids :D

which keeps everybody happy.

21. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Uh-oh. So now Vader has sensed them. This can't be good. :(

?Just wait,? said Wes, his grinning getting wider by the moment. ?The entire base will be filled with the Chaotic Pranks of Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian!?

The rest of the table groaned. ?I have a bad feeling about this,? said Lando as he collected his winnings.

LOL!

Somehow I have the feeling things are about to get out of hand. ;)

I don't mind a PM.

22. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Odd post. But a good post--Little Luke and Leia who've escaped from the Playground and Wes and Hobbie? Oh no!

Thanks for the PM.

23. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    I had an interesting week. :D The joy of news packages! :D (last time I say those words).

Replies:

Jedi_of Twilight: Thanks. :) Glad you like it.

Falcon: More coming tonight. ;) Finally find out who those pesky kids are. ;)

RebelMom: Yes, they are. [face_laugh]

Yes, it is. I have no idea how I'm going to do that part. *must talk to flowerbee*

maramijade: I think the kids are worse because they are invisible and can get into worse things than Wes and Hobbie.

Gina: No, it's not good. [face_worried]

You have no idea. :p

Noted.

Laine_Snowtrekker: What's the word for four? (Double, triple, quadtriple?) Trouble times two. :D There we go.

It seems like everyone knows who the kids are, but you don't know what they are. ;) That ok. You find out tonight. :D

If anybody can tell me how to make Little kids, Luke and Leia in Photoshop, please PM me. :( Me want cover art.

24. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    The secret of the children is revealed! Fest your eyes on? :D

He lost the file. Luke was digging around his room, trying to find the file Rieekan needed. He was so sure he had put it on his bed this mourning.

There was a small tap on the door as Luke flipped over his laundry container, spilling clothes out onto the floor. ?Come in.?

?Luke?? said Leia as she opened the door. ?You?re late for the meeting.?

?I know.? He explained what he was doing as Leia hopped over things in his now messy room. ?I can?t go to the meeting unless I have that file.?

?You do have it,? she said, smiling. ?Artoo got the file earlier today. He?s in the meeting room now waiting.?

He blinked and then sighed. Now he remembered. He had told Artoo to make sure he took the file to the meeting, as he would not have time to rush to his room to get it. How did he forget that? ?I remember now.?

Leia smiled. ?I know. We?ve both had it rough these past days. I?m sure we?ll get a break soon.?

Luke nodded as he placed the container on the floor. ?I hope so. I need to go to Dagobah.? He started to go out, thinking he would clean his room later, when he stopped. He felt Leia?s shock through the Force at the sight he guessed she saw, too.

Two children were standing in front of the doorway, blocking them from exiting. One was a boy with blond hair and blue eyes. The other was a girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She was a little taller than the boy was and was wearing her hair in a ponytail. The two looked about nine years old. The girl smiled brightly. ?Hi!?

Luke stared. ?Uhh?hi. How did you get in here?? He was sure there were no children on the base and he had a strange feeling about these two.

?We walked,? said the boy. That voice sounded familiar. He looked familiar as well, but Luke could not place a finger on where he saw this child.

?But this is a military base. Children are not allowed here,? explained Luke.

?What are your names?? asked Leia, cautiously.

The two smiled. ?I?m Luke,? said the boy.

?And I?m Leia,? said the girl.

?But you can call us ?Little Luke.?

?And ?Little Leia? since we have the same names.?

Luke felt like he had been hit by something hard. He stared at the boy who had the same name as him. ?Who are you??

The children giggled. ?We?re Inner Children,? said ?Little Leia.?

?An Inner Child is a spirit of the child you used to be,? said ?Little Luke.?

Luke glanced at Leia who looked very pale. ?Let me get this straight,? she said. ?You are spirits of Luke and me, correct?? The children nodded. ?But why are you here in the first place? Shouldn?t you be someplace else??

Little Leia rolled her eyes. ?I?m here because someone,? she gave Little Luke an annoyed look, ?had to leave the Playground and break the rules.?

Little Luke made a face. ?I was bored.?

Leia threw a wry grin at Luke. He was not sure what was so funny. He knew what it was like to be bored. He felt sorry for his smaller self. ?What?s a playground?? asked Leia.

?It?s where we live,? said Little Luke. ?It?s like playgrounds here only much bigger! Big enough to hold all the Inner Children of our generation!?

?Your generation??

?Yep,? said Little Leia. ?It's a period of time where children are linked together. A friend of ours is the first one, meaning he was born when the generation started. When he (or any of the other first ones) has children, they?ll start the new generation and a new Playground will form. That?s how it?s always been.?

Leia smiled. ?That?s nice, but what rules were you talking about? Are there grown-ups in your world??

The two children shook their heads. ?No,? said Little Luke, seriously. ?No Grown-Ups. Grown-Ups can?t exist in our world because they can?t have fun. Our World is only supposed to be fun and Grown-Ups ruin fun.?

Luke chuckled a bit at his smaller self's description of adults. ?We can?t have grown-ups ruin your fun, can we??

The two shook their heads. ?

25. maramijade

Feb 17, 2000
    I love the "little's" shock at them not knowing they were twins. . .

ohh I wonder what happens at the meeting :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.