main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga All Work and No Play, Post-EBS AU Luke, Leia,Vader, Others Complete 11/26

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediStarMoonstruck, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Oooh, lovely couple of updates! I'm sorry I fell behind with this; DRL was being a real jerk the past few weeks. The H/L mush was lovely and I'm so sad that we've got to say good bye to the children! They were so cute! :(

Hope you update soon!

Stormqueen

2. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Don't you hate it when you can't get a hold of a person?

Replies:

SpiritofEowyn: Welcome! :) Hope you keep reading (even if there's only three posts left).

Falcon: I'm not quite sure where to put that moment in. :(

The children are leaving. :_|

Coming tonight! (I hope!)

PonyTricks: Yeah, he tries. Threepio gets too much grief for his sake. :p

ShrunkenJedi: That would have been a nice scene in the movies. :p

I still like Guilty!Anakin. :p

RebelMom: Yep! [face_laugh]

Striker: Thanks.

I'm sorry it's ending, too. :( However, the serious stuff comes back. All I have to say is that I put a twist on one common theme I use in my fics. [face_devil]

maramijade: Yeah, I can imagine other fathers' reaction if Anakin ever talks about what he did to Han. :p

Laine: Thanks! Don't worry about it. That's understandable. :)

flowerbee: Really, there should be a added scene (not in the movie) where they all find that out. I want to see Harrison Ford react to this info. [face_devil]

stormqueen: It's ok. :) You're back.

You'll get to see the children one more time after they leave. ;) Let's just say I end the fic with a bang. [face_devil]

*goes off to fix her rice*

3. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    *goes out and tries to whack a Hurricane* Blast it!!! The Hokies lost!!! :-X Their winning streak is ruined!! (And likely so is any possible chances at the championship!!)

And it?s five pages total. Have fun.

*goes back to pounding the life out of Hurricane and ranting like crazy*

The door slid open and Leia appeared her hair and clothes in disarray. ?Hello,? she said, redness coloring her cheeks. Luke tried to keep the grin that was forcing itself on his face from appearing. Next to him, his mother shook her head slightly while smiling knowingly.

Their father grinned apologetically. ?Sorry for the disturbance, but it?s time for?? he paused, looking over Leia?s shoulder and Luke could hear the children playing, ?them to leave.?

She nodded and stepped aside to let everyone in. Anakin?s guards stayed outside, standing on each side of the door. Once inside, Luke could see what the children were doing. Ani sat on the couch while Amidala sat next to him. The two of them watched as Mara and Little Leia chased Little Luke around the room. Finally, the red haired Inner Child jumped and tackled Luke?s younger counterpart.

?Tag! You?re it!? she said and giggled.

She jumped up again and Little Luke groaned, got up and started after the two girls. Luke felt sad, watching them. Despite what the little twins did, he had grown fond of them. It would definitely be sad to see them go.

However, he thought, what else can they do here? They belong on the Playground.

Han stood near the door to Leia?s bedroom. He came closer when the rest of them were in the room. The grown-ups stood in a semi-circle in front of the couch. A sad, but knowing look crossed over Ani?s face as he glanced up at the adults. He stood on the couch and turned around to where Little Luke was still chasing his twin and the red hair girl. ?Little Luke? Mara? Little Leia? Come over here!?

The two girls ran over to the couch and climbed over it to sit down. Little Luke groaned as he realized he had lost the game. None too happy, he walked over and joined the girls.

Anakin knelt down to the children?s eye level. As the other grown-ups did the same, he took a deep breath. ?I think you know, Ani, why we?re here??

The Inner Child nodded. ?Yes. It?s time we go home.?

Little Luke, Leia and Mara all groaned. Amidala looked down at her hands. ?Why?? said Little Luke.

?Because there isn?t anything keeping you here,? explained Luke. ?Leia and I are awake. Father is safe now and the Emperor is gone.?

?And,? chimed in Leia, ?I?m sure all of you will be bored. After all, wasn?t the reason you had to put me and Luke to sleep in the first place was because you couldn?t play here properly??

Little Luke and Leia nodded sadly. Mara fidgeted in her seat. ?Do we have to go?? she muttered softly.

Jade, the only adult who had not sat on the floor, stepped over to the couch and sat on its arm. ?Look, I know it?s hard to go. However, as the others said, what else can you do here? Don?t you have toys back wherever you live??

The red haired girl nodded.

?And don?t you have your friends there?? spoke up Han. ?How many kids could there be? Don?t you want to be with them??

The three children nodded. ?But couldn?t we bring them here?? suggested Little Leia.

This time it was Ani who shook his head. ?No. I doubt the other Inner Children would like it here. Besides, the Playgrounds and the Grown-Up world are separate for a reason. There are a lot of things in this world that Inner Children wouldn?t understand.? He sighed, a reflective look flashed over his face. In front of him, Anakin began to appear remorseful. ?Having all the Inner Children here might destroy the entire concept of Inner Children. We?re supposed to be completely pure and innocent, but seeing such Grown-Up things would take that innocence away.?

Amidala?s eyes widened and she latched on to Ani?s arm. ?You?re not going away, are you??

The boy shrugged his shoulders. ?I don

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    So things are back to normal - as normal as things can get with this group.

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwww oh well they had to go, I can't wait for more :D

6. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Dinner with the Skywalkers. What a widely different group of people. :D :D

7. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    So cute, and yet so sad! The bit with Luke and Mara at the end was also uber cute. Are you going to write a dinner scene with everyone? If so, that should prove interesting! :D

Hope you update again soon!

Stormqueen

8. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Nice Moonstruck

I was kinda wondering if there was something holding them back . . . :D looking forward to those other two posts. . .

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was so cute, JSM! Loved them having dinner together as a family. And the kids may be gone, but they're not forgotten.

10. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    This is rather drastic but...will there be two questions to pop?:D

Looking forward to the "Bang"!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post. They were all so wonderful!

Where's the Little Han you mentioned? :)

Thanks for the PM.

12. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Masterful. I don't know about everybody else, but I am definitely waiting for the next post.

I loved how you had the inner children deal with Borsk. That man is a menace.

S.

13. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    1) My goodness! I don't know what's with me and writing stories! I can never get ahold of people and when I do, I feel bad (I just know I sprung that whole police thing on both my interviewee and now I feel bad!). *moans* :(

2) Now I know what's it's like to wait a week for updates. *continues to check on the story for updates during the week*

Replies:

RebelMom: How true. :p

Falcon: Yeah, I know. I didn't want them to go either. :(

PonyTricks: Yep! :D A former Queen/Senator, A former Sith/slave, now Redeemed Jedi, former(?) Princess/Senator, A former Farmboy, now Pilot/Jedi, former assassin now Intelligence agent and a former smuggler. Wow!

stormqueen: Thanks. :) No dinner scene. :( The next post will be some time after the children have gone.

maramijade: Well, at first, they didn't go because of the whole Anakin thing, once that was done, nothing was left. :(

Striker: Oh, they are certainly not forgetten. :p [face_devil]

Master_Cazz: Hmmm don't know. I doubt it. May be implied. ;)

Laine: Thanks!

Little Han comes in the last post (along with some others [face_devil] I think).

skywalker64089: Thanks. [face_blush] Hopefully tonight.

Glad you liked how they dealt with him. MWHAHAHA [face_devil]

Ok, one last look at the Skywalkers tonight and then, next week will be the children. :) Hopefully, that post won't take ten pages. :p

14. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005

Talk about all walks of life.
    S.

15. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    skywalker64089: Yep. :D

Someone stumbles onto the secret! :D

And it?s five pages. :p Be happy! :p Man! I didn?t think it would ever end. :p

Six months later?

Luke smiled as he snapped the coverings on his new lightsaber. He had spent a long time making it, following his father?s and Master Yoda?s instructions. Holding it out from him, he ignited the weapon, the green blade hissing and glowing. He gave it a few practice waves.

Good. Balance is right and it?s not exploding on me. And it feels right in my hand. Satisfied, he turned it off and attached it to his belt.

As he sat back down, Leia came into the room, reading a datapad. His father meditated on the other side of him, his face displaying a slight smile. His mother sat in one of the chairs near Luke, studying the datapads in front of her. Both were doing work for the Council.

A lot had happened in the six months since the death of the Emperor and the departure of the Inner Children. Palpatine?s death caused the government to shatter. When it became clear the ?Ghost Children? had gone, the Alliance left their base. The Council had declared a New Republic and started to form the new Senate to govern the galaxy. The majority of the planets accepted this and joined quickly. In regards to Courscant, the Alliance had made a lot of progress pushing the Imperials from the Core; the successes largely due to Anakin?s information on the Empire.

The Grand Moffs tried to maintain order, suppressing planets, so to some, joining the New Republic was a risky move. In the beginning, the local governments demanded answers to why they should join the fledging government. That changed when word had gotten out that ?The Hero With No Fear? had reappeared and was with the Alliance.

Luke bit his lip as he stared at his father. The elder Skywalker had questioned whether they should reveal whom he used to be, reveal he had been Darth Vader. After all, he had reasoned, what were they going to do when word got out he was under house arrest? However, that responsibility had been taken out of their hands; in an act of likely revenge, Fey?lya had purposely divulged the information to a holoreporter.

Of course, things had not gone well for the Bothan after that. Mon Mothma dressed Fey?lya down in front of the full Inner Council. He had lost the rest of his allies after that.

Some did not take the news of Anakin being Vader well. When the Moffs put a bounty on the former Sith?s head, wanted for the death of the Emperor, most of the people turned around. Even through he still got stares when he went out, Anakin said he did not feel too much hate coming from anyone.

Leia walked over and sat down next to her mother. She took out a datacard and handed it to her brother. ?This is for you. It?s from General Cracken,? she said with a smile.

Luke took it, picked up a datapad from the table and put the card in. He smiled as he read Mara?s message. She was on an assignment for New Republic Intelligence. She was discreet in her message, either fearing it may fall in the wrong hands or did not know Luke knew that she infiltrated the Empire on Courscant.

In the past six months, the two of them had become fast friends. When they were together, they (with Leia) continued with their Jedi training. He felt himself growing closer with the red head, although the memories of how his Inner Child played house (or forced to play house) with her Inner Child were still fresh in his mind.

Luke glanced over to Leia. Her relationship with Han had changed a lot. Everyone kept asking each other just when the two of them were finally going to get together, if Han would ever ask Leia to marry him. Among those speculating was Leia?s own family, but she had not said anything, not even when a ring mysteriously appeared on her finger the day before. She just smiled whenever someone asked about it.

Getting his mind off Leia?s secrets, Luke got up after seeing the time on the chrono. It was time for his t

16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    loved the chapter and onto my next priority

demanding more

17. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Love it! Aw, the kiddies have to leave... and I like the talk with Mon Mothma! Pesky Fey'lya again :p

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    figures Wes and Hobbie would be afraid of commitment - at least in marriage. They'd comit to pranks for the rest of their lives.

19. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I'm surprised Wes's inner child ever left! [face_laugh]

And the children aren't having fun? :eek: :eek:

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that was so sweet! And oh, Borsk! You idiot. *Shakes head* Well, he reaped what he had sown.

And Wes and Hobbie=[face_laugh] Glad to see Luke and Mara getting 'together'.

21. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Ooo!...mesa gota bad feeling bout this!...don't know why but.

So theres gonna be a big ending?

Cheers_Cazza@};-

22. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Bwahahaha. [face_devil]

Wes's inner child left, did it? :p That's odd. His inner child must be one crazy little thing... [face_laugh]

23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post! Can't wait for the next one.

24. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    Wonderful post! Can't wait to read what happens next.:) =D=

25. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry for the delay. :( I left for Thanksgiving break Friday, but my dad didn't put my computer up until tonight. These are the days I wish to have a laptop. :( At least I would have a post written if I didn't have internet access. I hope to have a post sometime this week. :)

Replies:

Falcon: Heh. :p Hopefully this week.

ShrunkenJedi: Yeah, the kids had to leave. We'll see them again in the next post and flowerbee is getting a preview now. :p

Glad you liked the talk. :) I try to keep her in a postive light (as she's not often present like that). Yeah, Fey'lya was being mean again. [face_devil]

RebelMom: The only women who would have them would be women who prank as well. That'll be scary!

PonyTricks: Well, the boys might disagree on the fun part. :p

Striker: So true. :p

Heh. I liked writing those two. :) They're getting there. ;)

Master_Cazz: I have a bad feeling, too. :p

I don't know. I have to write it first. :)

flowerbee: We'll get a peek of him in the next post and yeah, he's a crazy little thing. [face_devil]

Laine: Hope to bring it soon! :D

DarthNaughtious: Thanks. Coming soon! I hope!

Again, it should be this week. I hope. I've got a rough idea of what's going on in it. It's funny, imo. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.