main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Allana Solo fan thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Allana_Rey, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I actually like the idea of an independent system with their own sizable Navy. Under Tenel Ka, I always felt that they could be a solid check on the GFFA or Remnant from doing dumb things. I don't know enough about the earlier periods, but remember, Hapes didn't even exist until COPL!
    I'm not a fan of Ben. In my world, Tahiri would be the one to train Allana; the Chume'da would learn about the Force, Tahiri would learn how to love again.

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Grand Admiral Teshik did engage a fleet of Hapan Battle Dragons during the Galactic Civil War.
    I never got why the Emperor never send in a whole invasion fleet. Come on, the Imperial Navy is much bigger and much well structured as the Hapan fleet.

Actually, I never really liked Tahiri. Ben would be a better Master to Allana in my opinion.

3. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    After what happened with Jacen I doubt the Solo's/Skywalker's would let Tahiri train her.

4. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah, I never understood why Palpatine left the Hapans alone. My guess? Ta'a Chume paid some 'hush' money.

Who better to help Allana steer clear of her father's path than someone who went that way? Is Tahiri to be shunned forever for what she did? Kyp blew up an entire system and was welcomed back into the fold. And it's not really the Solo's call. If Tenel Ka wants it to happen, it will. It's largely academic anyway, both of you are probably right, much to my chagrin.

5. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    You have a point about Tahiri helping Allana stay away from her dad's past but I still want Ben to train her.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Her own mother was apparently a big-time Jedi hater- maybe there's a connection.

7. Formthreemaster

Formthreemaster Jedi Knight

Jan 10, 2013
    I personally love what Allana brings to the recent novels. She reminds me of both when Jacen and Ben were growing up. Her innocent yet relevant observations and questions remind me, a bit, of her father as he was growing up. Young Jacen was cerebral and always questioning the actions of others, including himself. Just like Ben, both of Allana's parents are strong Force users but didn't/won't begin formal Jedi training until they were/are relatively older. I also enjoy the potential foreshadowing that occurs around her in the FOTJ series. You know that she is being groomed for galactic leadership and has an abundance of Force potential. We've seen throughout the EU that those two traits don't guarantee compassionate leadership (Sidious, Caedus, etc.) but dark side corruption isn't always certain (Emperor Fel)

What about Jaina taking on Allana as an apprentice? Jaina was trained by her aunt and I could see Allana doing the same. Additionally, I could see a story arc with Jaina and Jag treating Allana almost as a daughter as they being the first few years of marriage. Jaina's time committment of training Allana would further the stressed dynamic of Family vs Jedi between Jag and Jaina as well.

8. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    I like this idea better, but there are still wa-ay too many elephants in the room. Would you want to be trained by the woman who killed your father? This is also the problem with Ben: there's always going to be the 'your father killed my mother' vs 'your mother went to kill my father' problem in the background.

9. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    We'll most likely find out in SOTJ. Allana is after all set to heavily appear in it.

But Jaina is married to Jag now and she could be wanting to start a family so I don't know how much time she'll devote to Allana.

10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Maybe Tahiri and Jaina will become the first IKs...
    Team Padme, are you sure Allana will appear in SWO?
    Have they even published a publisher's summary if I may ask?

I would love it if they somehow mannaged to combine the ST and the EU.
    There should be a SW series running up to the ST focusing on the main characters of the ST, as well as Allana and Ben.

11. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    It was already said back in October she'd be one of the main character along with Jaina, Jag, Ben and Tahiri.

12. Formthreemaster

Jan 10, 2013
    I've been pondering that point with Tahiri since finishing FOTJ. I think, with the way the story arc ended, Tahiri could find herself more welcome in the Empire than the GA, especially considering Jag's overall judgement of her. I didn't really think about Jaina as a IK, however. I think you may be on to something there as well.

According to Wookiepedia, the timelines match up exactly regarding the end of FOTJ and the beginning of the Fel Empire. It will be very, very interesting to see how the IK's begin and develop within the storyline if they are indeed included. Personally, the IK's are among my favorite EU characters.

Does anyone know an anticipated release for SOTJ?

13. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    What do you mean by an anticipated release?

And what is an IK?

14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    IK = Imperial Knight
    They appeared in the Legacy comic series.
    They served Emperor Fel.

15. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Who else wants an Allana series similar to YJK?

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    What is YJK?

17. Formthreemaster

Jan 10, 2013
    YJK= Young Jedi Knights book series written for young adults that followed Jaina, Jacen, Tenel Ka, Zekk, ect. prior to the New Jedi Order series when they were at the Jedi Academy.

I would be interested in more books with Allana but they would have to introduce quite a few new characters in order to have a YJK-like series. I think the YJK series was over a dozen books in total. Over the past several years there have been a ton of Clone Wars-era young adult books written. Although I usually don't read such books I am glad they are being published because of all the young Star Wars fans who read them are growing up and becoming Star Wars fans. This can only mean more Star Wars product in future and more fans, like you good folks, to spend a little time with in a galaxy far, far away.

I was wondering when SOTJ was exepected to be on the bookshelves. According to Wikipedia the three book set is acticipated to be released in 2014. I don't know if it's new but I also found the following awesome picture...

[​IMG]

...you can see the sith blades in front of Jaina with possibly the Senate Buliding on Coruscant burning in the background. I also find interesting that Jaina's armor looks a lot like that of an IK...
    [​IMG]

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Please, no more Sith on Coruscant...

Ah, yes, YJK, I remember...
    Sometimes I am a bit confused and do not immediately recognise what those acronyms stand for... Thanks for letting me know!

I do want to see a sort of YJK series with Allana as main character. However, its storyline needs to be better as that of the YJK series.
    Ben could indeed be a sort of Luke-figure teaching her everything she needs to know.
    The only problem is that the series will probably be around the same time as the ST (or even later on), so I do not think Lucasfilm will approve of the series being published.

Maybe Team Padme could include some parts in the story Team Padme is writing.
    You started off in her childhood. Maybe you could put some time space between each fragment and eventually end up in the time period she is apprenticed to Ben. Make your own YJK series featuring Allana!

19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Please, no more Sith anywhere!
    I would think that her mother could be the sort of Luke-figure more than Ben; we need to see smore quality Mother-Daughter time between the two of them.

I'd love to see a YJK-style series, but it also needs to emphasize her future role as Queen Mother. Politics is a learned art, and is just as important as being able to levitate rocks; maybe they could have her go to a 'Senatorial-training' school.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Tahiri could tell Allana her father was Darth Caedus.
    I think she is the right person to tell her her father was a Sith Lord since she was a sort of apprentice to him.

By the way, I still think Jedi such as Tahiri and Kyp Durron should be in some way punished for what they did.
    Tahiri killed Pellaeon. Kyp Durron destroyed Carida.
    In real life, there would be a lot of repercussions.

21. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    No, Allana needs to hear that from Tenel Ka; Allana needs to know that Jacen was a kind, loving man that became obsessed with what he saw in his visions. That there was still good in him.

Kyp should be punished. I thought the same of Mara; she killed people for a living, shouldn't she have stood trial for that?

Didn't Tahiri stand trial, though?

22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    She did stand trail. However, she escaped... So, one can kill Pellaeon and get away with it!
    I agree. People such as Grand Admiral Teshik got executed, but Mara did not get any punishment.
    => Luke Skywalker and the Jedi are corrupt as well...

23. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    General Immodet I don't plan to show Allana as a jedi apprentice in Life as a Solo but I AM considering doing a YJK series featuring Allana, Ben, Seha and a few original characters!

In SOTJ I want a scene between just Allana and Tahiri and she asks Tahiri what her father was like.

I also want Allana to find out about Cadeus through Ben. Maybe she could find out over a conversation or Leia's diary or something and she asks him if it's true, he replies yes and she burst into tears then eventually confronts Jaina and telling her she hates her or something.

I'm really excited for SOTJ, I mean

ALLANA!
    BEN!
    JAINA!
    JAG!

General Immodet likes this.
  24. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Isn't Ben too old to be considered in the same series as Allana? I mean, he's like 8-9 years older than she is; too old to be a peer, not old enough to really be a teacher. I'm also confused as to why you think Allana should find out about Cadeus from anyone other than Tenel Ka. Ben is never going to be able to be objective enough to tell Allana about her father, nor did he know Jacen on the same level that Tenel Ka did.

General: Don't get me started on what people are allowed to get away with in the EU ***Kyp***

I'm not sure if your just being facetious with your '...corrupt' comment, but there are times I would be inclined to agree.

General Immodet likes this.
  25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Be sure to let us know when you go on writing your YJK series featuring Allana! :)

In my opinion, Ben or Tahiri should tell Allana about her father.
    Tenel Ka and the Hapans should be left alone for a while. I do not want to see Allana becoming some sort of Hapan monarch too soon.
    Ben is a Jedi. He should be objective.
    But yeah, as I said previously the Jedi are not always objective while judging people, so why would the Jedi be objective in general?

Maybe there should be a thread about Jedi punishing people...
    Let us see what the others think of the whole Tahiri/Kyp/Mara thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.