main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Alleged EpVII Title / leaked info: The Twin Suns

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Valkyrus, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Depends.

Let's not forget how ANH started in media res.

A lot can be covered in the crawl and just picking up things as we go along.

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    So what you're saying is some of what you mentioned were conceived by GL, but then developed by the EU, then inserted somewhere in the PT?
    That's not the same as "copied" from the EU.

For example; Wookie homeworld would have been in RotS regardless of whether it was in the Holiday Special as it's conception was already in place.
    Greivous would still have been in RotS regardless of his original appearance it TCW shorts.

And the rule of two first appeared in the film because of one line Yoda says - the EU then expands upon it (or rather closes it down as I see it).

Also, I asked how much EU was copied/borrowed for the entire PT in comparison to the amount of EU that is being copied/borrowed in this supposed spoiler for just 1 film (as opposed to 3 films)... and from your list it would appear there is possibly more EU copied/borrowed for this 1 new film (if this spoiler is to be believed) than the 3 films that make the PT.

3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Grievous shouldn't even be on that list at all! He was developed for RotS, first & foremost. The Clone Wars Microseries was merely the first look the PUBLIC got at him in action... the cartoon GAVE him those injuries to explain why he had a cough in the movie, not the other way around. The cough may not have been in place in the film when the first cartoon featuring Grievous was produced, I think, but the cough most definitely was not ADDED to the movie because George or someone saw the cartoon and said "Oh, crap, Mace crushed his chest and now he coughs. Let's go record some coughing & adjust all this animation in the film."

StoneRiver likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    One thing mention from the fake script is the idea of no Jedi Order existing to ensure the galaxy survives.

Regarding the whole Balance of the Force, there cannot be a Jedi Order similar to the Old Republic and upwards. The Mortis Arc, if you re-watch it, was very good at depicting the perpetual conflict of the Jedi Order and Sith; we interrupt (thanks to the Jedi Council) the Prophecy of the Chosen One as destruction of the Sith, but it is clear that Anakin had to destroy the Jedi Order, as well as the Sith, before bringing full Balance.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  5. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Personally, I quite like "The Twin Suns" as potential title for Episode VII. However, I'm not convinced by this supposed leak.

Sum-Wan and darthjj88 like this.
  6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Sorry but the title is horrible and clashes with all other titles of the past 6 movies by focusing on a location and not a plot theme. :oops:

The almost nearly identical rumor was proven fake, so odds are so is this. Please lock down this thread and be done with it. Supershadow is laughing at us every time we continue talking about this [face_waiting]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    exactly! when I come here & read this stuff I still find myself thinking "wow, never thought I'd be doing this again!"

fishtailsam likes this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, as long as they say that Luke and Leia are what the title indicates. I can see some people not understanding that.

darthjj88 likes this.
  9. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    What started as a post I made while in the bath has spiraled so far out of my care zone.

I will concede on the Sith thing, I didn't realise that Jedi vs. Sith was released after TPM, I thought it was released shortly after the Tales of the Jedi stuff...

Grievous was conceived for RotS but he was developed completely within the EU. Just because George conceived an idea doesn't mean nothing about that idea is 'copied' into the movies from the EU work that precedes it's appearance in a movie. He retains creative control and could have ignored whatever aspects he wanted to

The Jedi Code was created by West End Games, that's pretty fundamental...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Expanded_Universe#Lucas.27s_use_of_the_Expanded_Universe

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_C-canon_elements_in_the_films

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I've been thinking about this allege 'leak' today; it might not be the real thing, but it does clearly hint (IMHO) into the thinking of those involved in the production of EpVII.

If anything, like Star Trek, a separate universe will be created on an alternative timeline to give maximum freedom without damaging post-RoTJ books and comics. Star Wars literature is a huge potential revenue stream for Disney - Micky and his minions will not risk die hard fans abandoning book series.

11. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Compared to toys and video games the books don't really bring that much money in to system. Don't be surprised if we don't get a firm answer on what happens with the EU, just like what happened with the Clone Wars.

12. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    I don't think one single thing about General Grievous was "copied" from the EU into the movies. In fact, the closer it got to RotS coming out, the more the makers of the EU had to scramble to change their Grievous to match the films (see Clone Wars Volume 2 - Grievous's chest being damaged, Dooku telling him to run if he's not sure he can win).

The Jedi of the OT obviously had personal rules they lived by. An official Jedi Code is just a natural extension of this. I would think this would more likely be "great minds thinking alike" than deliberately copying the EU.

In the same way, I wouldn't consider Luke being the head of a new Jedi Order or Han and Leia being married in the ST as "copying the EU". That's just a natural extrapolation of the films.

13. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Sorry if another poster already brought this up, but you can always tell which "spoilers" are fake and which ones might be real depending on the era the story takes place in. Since the OT cast is all but confirmed to be returning, we can surmise the story will take place at least 40 years after RotJ. By that time, Ahsoka (or "Darth Khaaos", lol) would be almost 80 years old! This is highly improbable, even if Togrutas age differently than humans. It's a stupid idea, and I just don't see Lucas and an Oscar winning screenplay writer (Arndt) going down the route of using an 80 year old cartoon character as the villain.

This was how I could immediately tell that "Star Wars Reclamation" was a hoax as well: it leads into Episode VII, yet it only takes place 15 years after RotJ? Those must have been a rough 15 years, seeing as how Mark Hamill is in his 60s and Harrison Ford is in his 70s! For some reason, many fans (and hoaxers, apparently) underestimate how far into the timeline these films will take place. I always hear 15 to 30 years after RotJ. Try more like 40 to 50.

14. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I loathe the thought of Luke being a hermit, just loathe it.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Dave Filoni has already commented on it. Said the EU is a complete and independent universe, separate to the films and the Clone Wars.

16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    It's funny, I remember reading some of the fake info from the prequels that turned out to be MORE exciting than a lot of what actually happened!

17. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    Do you have a link to that quote? I'm not doubting what you are saying, I would just like to see it.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Where and when did he say this?

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    So, after the 'Reclamation' rumors surfaced, someone who has the contacts to do so, got ahold of somebody at Lucasfilm and got word back to us that it was bogus. My question is, has anyone done this yet with 'The Twin Suns'? Can we get a word, a 'nay,' or a 'no comment' concerning this thing, already?

20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Devil's advocate time: Dooku was canonically in his 80s through the Clone Wars era, and he was a top notch Sith Lord. Palpatine was 86 by the time of RoTJ too, and he was no slouch.

Not that it invalidates your point about this being improbable, fake etc. but just pointing out.

21. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008
    Okay to be completely fair we didn't get a straight 'no' out of Licasfilm. What we got was 'We haven't seen this'. There is a BIG difference between what we got and a straight no answer. Trust Lucasfilm is the same company that denied the rumors from AICN that said Ewan MacGregor was Obi-Wan six months before it was officially announced.

22. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Nothing he says is relevant to the Star Wars universe.

DarthRelaxus and Samayel_ like this.
  23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'd trust AICN before I would trust an IMDB and Reddit user(s).

Really? The guy who works directly with George Lucas isn't relevant to the Star Wars universe? George Lucas has also said pretty much the same thing - is he not relevant to the Star Wars universe?

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, well, fair enough, but my question still stands to anyone who may be in a position to answer it.

25. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Honestly, George Lucas is not relevant to the Star Wars universe anymore. Contradicts himself too much.