main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ALLIANCE A/P what if Anakin didn't turn? AU/OT ** SEQUEL POSTED **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    ALLIANCE

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/love1.jpg]

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Lucasfilm Limited. I have incorporated bits of dialogue from each of the Star Wars films in writing this story for the sole purpose of moving my story forward and keeping in character. I am not profiting from this story in any way.

Rating: PG
    Summary: The timeline for this story covers the end of the Clone Wars and through Return of the Jedi. What could have been if Anakin hadn?t turned into Vader and Padmé lived. Birth of the twins.
    Cast: Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke & Leia Skywalker and various other characters from the Star Wars universe, in addition to outside characters of my creation.
    ** Italics denote a person?s silent thoughts, an emphasis or mind speaking. **

Intro:

I can recall going to see Star Wars when I was but a wee lass and arriving at the theater awe struck. Here were people of all ages wrapped more than once around a theater waiting to see a movie. Thus my fascination took on a new meaning and hasn?t wavered over the years?

I?ve never written a story such as this for these boards but I?ve had fun perusing through them. I can only hope all of you will enjoy my rendition as much as I enjoyed writing it. There are a few people I would like to acknowledge that have been so helpful in getting this to fruition: PadmeLeiaJaina, Jedi-ES, Anakin_PadmeFan and, of course, my daughter ? who wouldn?t let me rest and kept pushing me onward to complete this. I guess the Star Wars fanaticism runs in the family?.

Comments are welcome and encouraged.

Special thanks to Grilled Sarlacc :)

Prologue

Not a day has gone by that I haven?t thought of you?The closer I get to you?I can?t breathe?
    Anakin Skywalker

I truly?deeply?love you? Padmé Naberrie Amidala Skywalker

Sunlight etched through the thick transparisteel of the Senatorial suite casting a hazy glow throughout the room. The dark paneled walls encircling the chamber cast a foreboding presence its occupant never considered to acknowledge. Pictures depicting scenes of natural beauty hung throughout, pleasing to the eyes that beheld them. Next to the enormous bed stood a nightstand, a single holo-image graced its smooth surface and brought comfort to the room?s occupant on numerous occasions. Unfortunately, the image was only visible when a woman of incredible beauty and intelligence happened to occupy the room ? her room ? and her memories?

This is her story?

2. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, after reading that paragraph I'm hooked! :D

Wonderful beginning, Arriss! :D :D I can't wait until the next post! :)

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Awww shucks- thanks for the thanks Arriss [face_blush]

It's been a while since I've seen this- so I can't wait to read :D

Woohoo!

4. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    <throws confetti in the air and breaks out the champagne and brownies! - I know, odd combo! [face_laugh] > You posted your first bit!! Dare I say...Yipppeeee!! :D

My first acknowledgement! [face_blush] Thanks! :D

I already know how it all turns out, but boy...are you all in for a treat! So get readin & postin everybody! :D

5. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!!!1111

6. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002

This looks Good PJ!

I've been looking forward to reading this story for some time.

I'm sure that Anakin would have made a great papa to those two if he hadn't turned.

Keep em coming. :D

7. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Looks good so far. I can't wait for more :)

8. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Monica_Skywalker ? Thank you. [face_blush] I hope you enjoy what I have planned. :)
    PLJ ? Hey, you were one of the first to help me w/this story!! Hope I don?t let you down!
    A_Pfan ? Oooo [face_love] champagne and brownies? Whoa! [face_shocked] Mmmmm. Thanks for the encouragement. Your help with this story has been invaluable!
    Kasiaskywalker ? Thank you for the up!! :)
    Mr_Boba_Jango ? [face_shocked] Long time no see, my friend. I?m sure you?ll let me know if I stray too far off the path. ;)
    Anidan ? Thanks for making it over. Hope you enjoy!

My plan is to post at least 2x a week, more than likely, Tuesday and Thursday. Of course, reader comments are always encouraged and I hope to even draw out some lurkers from within the woodwork. ;) So, without further adieu?

The Clone Wars are at last coming to a close. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi have served the Republic prestigiously and faithfully as the war raged on from one world to the next.

Although their time apart was more of a span of time than they would have chosen, Padmé and Anakin made the best of their predicament. A love such as theirs knew no bounds?

Coruscant ? for centuries it had remained the capital city of the Republic. Now, four years into the Clone Wars, it continued to be a steadfast security blanket for the Republic and its citizens. The attacks on the capital city had been few and damage remained minimal. Chancellor Palpatine ruled over the Senate in dictatorship fashion ? a type of authority not always well received. As there are two sides to every coin, so it was in the Senate when the Chancellor?s leadership was questioned. Many of the Senators were blindly enamored by him and just as many saw through his veneer and attempted to challenge his authority without success. One Senator in particular, a powerful and well-respected member, questioned this rulership and though she had voiced her opinions openly, she did not share all of her doubts. She had to be careful. Her beloved was in the maelstrom of the war and she would act upon nothing that would endanger him.

We still live under the shroud, beloved. How I wish we could dance into the Senate and the Jedi Council and prove to them how wrong they are. Our marriage, the depth of our love, can conquer the darkness? Her thoughts drifted off as sadness gripped her heart. Soon, my love?Soon you will be out of harm?s way and into my arms once more?How I miss?Her head lightly fell to her chest as she stifled the tears that desperately wished to be shed. My agony will end at last?

Chapter I ? Awakening Part I

Padmé sat in quiet contemplation in her Senatorial bedchamber, knowing she wouldn?t be disturbed, and as she had done numerous occasions, tried to piece the puzzle of Chancellor Palpatine together. His enigmatic persona etched itself into her mind. There was something there, something she couldn?t quite put her finger on and it haunted her almost relentlessly. Such a gnawing, persistent quandary, she mused before a quiet knock startled her from her ruminations. Dormé? Now what? She thought, her expression revealing her slight annoyance. Rising, she walked over to the door and flung it open. She had informed everyone that she wasn?t to be disturbed and found it quite irritating that her wishes were so easily dismissed. Her demeanor changed instantly as she gazed into the cerulean eyes before her.

?Hello, Mrs. Skywalker.? A devilish grin played across the man?s face.

Padmé smiled at her husband?s playful grin. He had arrived back on Coruscant just over a month ago ? permanently. According to the Jedi Council, Anakin?s service to the war effort had concluded to the couple?s sheer delight and they had summarily celebrated accordingly in the darkened hours of night in her quarters. Smiling devilishly, Padmé grabbed his tunic and pulled him inside the chamber. Anakin barely ha

9. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Nice start! I like it allready! :D
    More??? Please?

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh boy first off- lovely mush [face_love] [face_love] Can you blame that girl for wanting to immediately unwrap that prize?

Humm... that meditation session certainly didn't go well! :eek: I wonder what could have caused Ani to lash out like that? :( Poor Padme! :_|

Good postie! :D

11. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I agree with PadmeLeiaJaina, the mush was wonderful! [face_love] I liked how Padme had been counting the days of their seperation! :p :)

Anakin's meditation is a bit freaky. I wonder if he saw Palpatine, too.

Fabulous post! :D

12. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Aw, great, another fan fic I have to read! ;)

Nice start, Arriss.

--MissPadme

13. Anakin_PadmeFan

Oct 17, 2002
    Chapter 1 is up! :D

Thanks for the encouragement. Your help with this story has been invaluable!

[face_blush] You're too kind. :) You're most welcome for the encouragement & I had a blast helping you! :D

We still live under the shroud, beloved. How I wish we could dance into the Senate and the Jedi Council and prove to them how wrong they are. Our marriage, the depth of our love, can conquer the darkness? Her thoughts drifted off as sadness gripped her heart. Soon, my love?Soon you will be out of harm?s way and into my arms once more?How I miss?Her head lightly fell to her chest as she stifled the tears that desperately wished to be shed. My agony will end at last?

I just love this passage! [face_love] Just the wording, & depth of feeling that they have for one another. Great stuff!

And I have to agree...lovely, lovely mush! [face_love] [face_love]

?I?ve been thinking?? Her hand absently caressed his shoulder.

Anakin interrupted her, ?Uh, oh. What?d I do now??

Giggle...typical male answer! :D ;)

Quite the meditation for Ani there indeed. I wonder what happens next?!...wait, I know what happens next! :D I ain't spillin though! ;)

Great job Arriss!!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bahhh... New story people! This needs to go UP! ;)

15. returnofthejeni

returnofthejeni Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    This is great!! Can't wait for more!! :D

UP!!!!!

16. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    As I have been told many times, cliffhangers lead to the darkside!!!

Up!

JS

17. Anakin_PadmeFan

Oct 17, 2002
    You must be UP! where people can find you! :D

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok I don't think there are enough photos of this icon of Ani and Padme on this page ;) [face_laugh]

UPPPP!!!!!!!

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    How about this PLJ? They may not be icons...but...

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/padme/112.jpg]

or this?

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/padme/laugh.jpg]

:D :D

And now for some acknowledgments:

aninonymous ? Thanks. Glad you like things so far. Things have just begun. :D
    PLJ ? Aww, you know me & mush. ;) Glad you enjoyed! Stick around for some interesting details in the next post. And thank you very much for the support and UPs. :D :D
    Monica_Skywalker ? Be sure to check out the next post for some answers. ;) Glad you enjoyed. I may not be the Queen of mush, but I am the Duchess of the Nookie. Heehee
    Miss Padme ? Thank you for coming over! I hope you continue with my little tale. :)
    Anakin_PadmeFan ? Ahh, yes Ms. Beta, no spilling the details. ;) heehee Thank you for your support as well and the UPs!!
    Returnofthejeni ? Thank you very much. Be sure to stop by on Tuesday for the next post. :)
    Jazz_Skywalker ? As I have been told many times, cliffhangers lead to the darkside!!! heehee I guess we?ll just have to wait and find out.

Tuesday?s post will bring about some answers?and a little bit more. Stay tuned?

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Meow! I love that top photo [face_love] [face_love] Ani in THE SHIRT [face_love] [face_love]

*Sniff sniff* is that a post I smell? No :(

Ok well UP w/ you then- because I THINK there'll be one tomorrow! :)

21. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Awww thats so cute!

22. starwbabe

starwbabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Yay yay more mush and good storyline!!! I'm in for the ride, Ariss!

Babe

23. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I LOVE THIS STORY! WHAT HAPPENED TO ANI?!?!?! HE BETTER BE OK!!!! I'M A TRUE ANI FAN!!!!!! SO WATCH OUT!!! Then again, I like it when Ani gets hurt and Obi's there to help and comfort him! HURT HIM!!!!!!

Uh, heh heh. [face_blush] Did I just say that outloud?

24. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Interesting start, Arriss. :D

So Anakin won't turn, eh? Sounds like I'll enjoy this story! ;)

Although it seems he will not make this easy on us: If your wife tells you not to meditate about Palpatine, it probably is wise to listen to her. :p Idiot. :mad:

25. Anakin_PadmeFan

Oct 17, 2002
    Just an UP! to the top for the morning people! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.