main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ALLIANCE A/P what if Anakin didn't turn? AU/OT ** SEQUEL POSTED **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Anakin suddenly grinned so brightly it made Obi-Wan groan. He knew that mischievous grin and was afraid to ask what it meant.

?And?what are you bursting to tell me?? Obi-Wan crossed his arms, the exasperation in his voice rang through clearly.

[face_laugh] I just loved this part!

And I liked this line as well... ?Our time will come and we will emerge from the ashes ? strong and confident.? She said with heartfelt conviction.

Good post PJ! :)

2. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    PLJ ? Hee hee- I didn't know there were monkey's in the GFFA - Ohh, you know all about monkey?s, heehee [face_laugh]
    Things are certainly getting interesting and unsettled - I think today?s post will [face_shocked] you a bit.
    Jazz_Skywalker ? Thank you. I really like that line too. Padmé is a very determined woman and there is very little that can deter her.
    Monica_Skywalker ? I like how Obi-Wan's more than a master to Anakin. - As do I. I want to show that Obi-Wan does understand Anakin ? more than he?s given credit for.
    I felt sorry for Padmé in this post, because I can imagine how hard it would be to have her leave the Senate to protect herself instead of doing her job. - It was incredibly difficult for her but she realized, through Anakin, that more was at stake than simply her Senatorial duties. Don?t worry, she?ll be back. ;)
    Jedi_Scholar ? Hope you had a good time w/your houseguest. Thank you for your kind words. And yes, I have more mush planned. I wouldn?t be the Duchess of the Nookie if I didn?t. :)
    DarthSon ? Next move? [face_mischief] I?m not telling. Heehee. Glad you?re enjoying my tale.
    Returnofthejeni ? I don?t think you?ll be disappointed with today?s post. ;)
    Jedifalcon ? Thank you. As you wish?
    A_PFan ? Thank you. Gotta love Obi-Wan!! [face_laugh] He, Anakin and Padmé are my favs!

New post later today. :D

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ohh, you know all about monkey?s, heehee

Humm.... and where IS Slowlearner? :p

4. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    That's a very good question, PLJ. Where is our resident 'bad monkey'? Haven't seen her in ages!

Here's something interesting for everyone. Very :cool: icon thread.

New Icons

5. jedi scholar

jedi scholar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 1999
  6. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Jedi Scholar ? Thanks for the UP.

Here is the conclusion to Chapter I and thank you to everyone for their comments! I sincerely appreciate them and as a writer, they are invaluable!! I have many more pages to go and I hope all of you, as well as new readers, continue to enjoy my little tale. :D

Now, on with the story?

Chapter I ? Goodbyes Part III cont.

Obi-Wan stood before the Jedi Council?s twin doors for a moment. Everything was changing rapidly and he had the sinking feeling that it wouldn?t be for the better. His hand went to the door but he suddenly stopped. Behind him was the familiar sound of a lightsaber igniting and without the slightest hesitation, Obi-Wan ignited his own and spun to face the challenger.

?DOOKU!? Obi-Wan gasped. ?Where? Why??

The Count smiled maliciously. ?The Emperor wishes for the Jedi Council to make an audience with him. But I believe we have unfinished business to attend to first.? Count Dooku, or as his Master referred to him, Darth Tyrannus, gave his opponent a saber salute and assumed a defensive stance.

Obi-Wan circled the Count, never taking his eyes off of him. ?What does Palpatine want with the Council??

?To put them to trial, of course.? Dooku snidely answered.

?Trial?? Obi-Wan was shocked. ?Why??

?The Emperor has learned of the Jedi Council?s traitorous plans to destroy him and the Republic. Now they will suffer the consequences of that action.?

?What plans?? the Jedi probed, ?No such plans ever existed!?

The two had continued to stalk one another, like animals ready to devour their prey, when the Count suddenly lunged, momentarily knocking Obi-Wan off balance. He was quick to recover and block the next strike. Again, the dancing circle took on a life of its own then Dooku lashed out again.

?The Emperor indicated otherwise and it is what the majority of the Senate believes!? he snarled.

?The Senate? How could the Senate believe such a lie??

A malicious grin formed on Count Dooku?s lips as he spat out, ?The Emperor has ?proof? and the Senate is far more cooperative than you might imagine.?

?Impossible!? Obi-Wan shouted as his lightsaber kept pace with the Count?s. Each combatant slashed and parried in every direction ? the colors of the weapons whirling through the air, chasing one another in deadly woven arcs. Obi-Wan utilized the Force to keep himself in the ferocious mêlée, tapping into the mystical power in order to gain an advantage on his adversary and that this battle would not be a repeat of Geonosis.

A quick change of direction of the Count?s lightsaber, in addition to another powerful lunge, sent Obi-Wan stumbling back a few steps. ?The Emperor will maintain control of the Senate and when Skywalker turns, the Sith will control the universe!? Dooku laughed.

Quickly recovering his footing, Obi-Wan was shocked by the Count?s declaration. ?Anakin? What does he have to do with it?? he demanded.

Dooku sneered with confidence, ?Surely you realize that he IS the Chosen One? My Master will make him his servant!?

The Jedi?s face changed from one expression to another in rapid succession as he threw his questions at the Count. ?Who is your Master? Anakin will never turn to the dark side! You underestimate him, traitor!?

?You?ll find out soon enough whom I call Master but if Skywalker will not welcome the power of the dark side then he will die beside you!?

The flash of blades erupted in renewed intensity in the corridor outside the Jedi Council chamber as Obi-Wan deflected one parry after another. After a series of blocks, Obi-Wan took the offensive and forced Dooku to retreat. A quick flick of Dooku?s wrist and a reversed slice put Obi-Wan back on the defensive again. The Count was good ? very good ? and the Jedi was beginning to tire against the powerful dark-Force assaults. Suddenly, the twin doors to the Council chamber flew open and Masters Yoda and Windu stepped forward.

Count Dooku took advantage of Obi-Wan?s distraction of seeing the two Jedi Masters and, using da

7. jedi scholar

Oct 31, 1999
  8. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002

Arriss

I just got a chance to catch up with your posts and I have enjoyed them immensely.

?A FATHER! BLESS THE FORCE I?M GOING TO BE A FATHER!?

This reaction of Anakin?s to finding out he was to become a father was priceless, and was exactly how I have always pictured it would be. Having been fathered by the Force, Anakin?s emotions have always been amplified beyond those of the average person, and certainly the average stoic Jedi. Your phrase ?a sea of emotions? pretty much describes him to a "T". While he can be consumed with anger and despair like no other human, I also believe he has the envious ability to feel joy like no other human as well. And you did a wonderful job of depicting this moment of immense joy as he realized he was finally going to have all that he had ever wanted.

You also did a great job describing Anakin?s short swim into the Dark end of the pool. I wonder if his little visit may have been the trigger to Palpatine?s decision to make his move. Regardless, The Emperor has taken the offensive and he has his eyes set on The Chosen One. Needless to say, you?ve got me anxiously waiting for your next post!

Well Done P.J. :D

9. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I have read the parts I missed good job Arriss :D

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Adventure...excitement... a readers craves these things- and you delivered! :eek: Sith fire zapping, duels, and fiery destruction... and Dooku is after Ani.

Can't wait to see what happens next! Great job with the suspense! :D

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    well done when can we expect to see more?

12. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Great job on this story, Arriss. :)

13. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Great Postie Arriss! Keep it going!

Jess

14. Anakin_PadmeFan

Anakin_PadmeFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Boy, you just keep adding new things, don't you!? :D I liked the duel as well, it was fast, furious and suspenseful!

Good job PJ! :)

15. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, I never expected Dooku to show up! :eek: And he destroyed the Council chambers! :eek: :_| Luckily Mace and Yoda got out first, though.

I hope that Anakin and Padmé are able to go into hiding before Dooku and Palpatine find them...

Wonderful post, Arriss! :D :D

16. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Well, things certainly went downhill quickly for the Republic and our heroes, didn't they? :eek: :eek:

And I thought Dooku had it coming already... Wow. :_|

I hope they can get away before Sidious gets his hands on Anakin or Padme! :(

You've sure built up the tension. And it's great! :D

Up! :D

17. returnofthejeni

returnofthejeni Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    Awsome!!! :D

Can't wait to find out what happens next!

UUPP!!

18. jedi scholar

Oct 31, 1999
  19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Jedi Scholar ? As malicious as Dooku is, I wanted to show he has no scruples. Glad you liked it. :) and thank you for the UP as well!

Mr_Boba_Jango ? Your phrase ?a sea of emotions? pretty much describes him to a "T". While he can be consumed with anger and despair like no other human, I also believe he has the envious ability to feel joy like no other human as well. ? Anakin?s reaction to fatherhood is a very profound experience for him and I?m glad I was able to show how elated he was. :D I had him envisioned in my mind as to how he would react and I tried to put that into words.
    I wonder if his little visit may have been the trigger to Palpatine?s decision to make his move. ? Mum?s the word! Zipping my lips there! ;)
    Thank you very much for your compliments! :D [face_blush]

Anidan ? Glad to see you got caught up! :) And thank you!

PLJ ? Adventure...excitement... a readers craves these things- and you delivered! ? Many thank you?s my Queen. :D I hoped the duel would come out very well and I am pleased w/the results. Dooku has definitely made himself a permanent enemy of the Jedi!

JediFalcon ? Thank you! Oh, more is one the way. Glad you?re enjoying!!

Anakin_Girl ? Welcome!! Glad to see you made it over. I hope you?ll enjoy my tale considering your appeal for A/P. :)

The_Jesstar ? Thanks Jess! Stick around, Padmé is about to experience a few pregnancy woes. *snicker*

A_PFan ? Ahhh, my poor beta ;) , enduring my moments of inspiration. *giggle* You haven?t objected yet so I must be doing something right. [face_laugh] 8-}

Monica_Skywalker ? Wow, I never expected Dooku to show up! ? That renegade Jedi shows up when he?s least wanted, doesn?t he?
    I hope that Anakin and Padmé are able to go into hiding before Dooku and Palpatine find them... ? We shall see? *smirk* and Thank you!

Darth_Lex ? I managed to surprise you? [face_shocked] Ohh, very cool!!
    I hope they can get away before Sidious gets his hands on Anakin or Padme! ? Never discount Sidious ? not totally?

Returnofthejeni ? Thank you! Stay tuned for Tuesday!!! :D

20. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Just stopped by to up this! :)

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Morning Upsie! :D

22. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Monica_Skywalker & PLJ ? Thank you for the UP?s!! :D

I look forward to your comments and don?t forget about Thursdays post! :)

And here begins Chapter 2?

Chapter II ? Deliverance Part I

Never before had Coruscant been such a city of chaos. News of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine pronouncing himself Emperor spread through the city planet at lightspeed. The holonet news broadcasts were filled with unrest and skepticism as shown by the random citizens that were interviewed. A small margin of the populace saw the new Emperor as their salvation yet others were fearful of what was to come. More than one face turned ashen during their interview at the sight of hundreds of stormtroopers as they began to patrol the streets. Looters that had taken it upon themselves to take advantage of the city in turmoil quickly barged into various shops, scavenging for whatever they could get their hands on only to flee as the white uniformed troops closed in on them. Blaster fire erupted throughout the capital streets serving a dual purpose ? the consequence of the actions taken by unscrupulous scoundrels and an undeniable warning to everyone else. Those whose characters were less than savory, found an open opportunity to increase their already illicit cash flow and anticipated a fortuitous future ahead.

Coruscant would never be the same?

One hour became two and then three and there was still no sign of Masters Yoda or Windu. Obi-Wan Kenobi was growing agitated at the situation, but Anakin was on the verge of exploding even as he managed to contain himself. His main concern was for his wife and her safety and that of their child and Obi-Wan knew he wouldn?t hold out much longer.

?Where are they?? Anakin demanded, his frustration clearly exposed in his voice and expression.

Thus far, the only message they had received was from Master Yoda and he had told them to hide in the cargo hold of the transport, Meleè, and that they would meet them there as soon as possible. Obi-Wan and Anakin weren?t able to secure a ship on their own as the chaos was far too rampant now. All they could do was wait.

?I wish I knew.? Obi-Wan muttered, not wanting to think that something had happened.

Anakin suddenly drew in a deep breath, as if he had been gasping for air. ?Master Windu,? he stated just above a whisper.

Obi-Wan then felt it too, the life Force of Master Windu dwindling to the point of nonexistence.

?What happened?? Padmé prodded.

Obi-Wan turned his head and looked sadly at Senator Amidala, ?Master Windu is one with the Force, Senator.?

?Oh, Obi-Wan, no!? Padmé exclaimed, surprise etched in her beautiful brown eyes and she covered her mouth with her hand just as Anakin wrapped his arms around her. ?Why? No! Why?? The tears that couldn?t be staunched flowed down her cheeks ? a combination of aggravation and sadness.

The sound of someone tapping something on the cargo hold permeated through the hull and the three fell instantly silent. At this point, it could be anyone looking for them but then a wash of relief came over Obi-Wan?s face as he sensed Master Yoda?s presence. He opened the hatch and the Jedi Master strode in, looking extremely downtrodden.

?Know of Master Windu, do you not??

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan cast his gaze downward. ?How??

Yoda took a deep breath, Mace had been a close friend to him. ?The Master of the Sith. Many Jedi did he contact before he met his demise.?

?Did you see??? Anakin couldn?t finish. He and Mace had never been more than polite to each other but he was still saddened at the Master?s loss.

?No, young Skywalker, I felt his pain, suffering. Powerful, this Sith is!?

?Do you know what is happening in the Senate?? Obi-Wan asked the diminutive Jedi.

Yoda shook his head, the sadness in his eyes told them volumes. ?Arrested are those who oppose the Emperor. Before our eyes, collapsing the Republic is.?

Everything is happening so fast, Padmé thought, I-I have to hold myself together. I can do this! But even as she tried to convince

23. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Go Padme!

24. starwbabe

starwbabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    whoo hoo !!!!kick some imperial arse!!

25. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Wahoo, the Alliance is beginning to form! :D (and Anakin's in it this time! :) :p)

Wonderful post! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.