Saga ALLIANCE A/P what if Anakin didn't turn? AU/OT ** SEQUEL POSTED **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Jaina_and_Jag

Sorry for such a late reply ? I haven?t had much net time. :(

I had started this about a month ago and I had a few more chapters to read and I've finally finished. I was definitaly not disappointed!!!

Thank you for taking the time to finish reading. :D I?m really glad you enjoyed it. :D

I had planned from the beginning for Obi-Wan to have a love interest and she had to be amorous yet independent. He needed to experience love to understand Anakin more. Your praise tells me I succeeded ? thank you. [face_blush]

Sakoya is my favorite OC that I came up with. I enjoy writing her and, I daresay, Alliance isn?t the last we?ve seen of her. ;)

Thank you very much for your compliments. I really appreciate them. :D They make me strive to continually improve my writing. :)
  2. Jeditheskyisblue Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know where to began with my FB. I just found this story and stay up late last night reading most of it.

I loved that it was Padme that made Anakin stop being reckless. I also noticed how Obi-Wan in the movies seems to just boss Anakin around never really connect with him.

Of course I loved how Anakin knew Padme was having twins and kept the news to himself alittle while. And then how he broke the news to everyone askings what morning sickness was.

I kept reading hoping that Luke and Leia would be rasied with there parents and was thrilled when they were.

And of course I was just as thrilled that Obi-Wan found love. He deserve to be happy and in love as well.

Master Yoda passing was sad but he did live to see the Empire defeated. Knowing he was leaving the galaxy that had won it's freedom.

And of course I must asks are you going to do a sequel one perhaps with Mara Jade?

3. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Jeditheskyisblue

Welcome! I?m so glad you found my story! :) It?s great when people not only find it, but enjoy it as well. :)

Padmé, to me, has always been Anakin?s foundation. She guided him through unequivocal love and understanding w/o being overbearing or overly ?mushy?. She gave him the respect he needed, but he also earned it. I have a certain perspective of them in my mind and I just tried to write them that way. :)

Anakin?s ?spilling? of the news was both naïve and humorous. Poor Bail was beside himself upon learning that Padmé was pregnant. Anakin was in for a ride w/his children. [face_laugh]

It was important for me to have Obi-Wan experience love. It was the only way he could truly understand what Anakin felt for Padmé. Not only that, but it was also a way for Obi-Wan to know that just because you love someone doesn?t mean you can?t perform your duties (Jedi in this case) as expected. Each of them taught one another tolerance and understanding. (or at least I hope that?s how it came across ;) )

I agree Master Yoda?s passing was sad, but he had lived several centuries and the Force felt his time had passed. It was time for the next generation of Jedi to take the reins. He did see the Empire vanquished and the rebuilding of democracy begin again. His rest was well earned.

A sequel? Actually, I?ve been working on one (writing time has been sporadic :( ). It features Obi-Wan, Sakoya, and Mara with some intrigue, angst, and who knows what else. 8-}

Thanks again for reading. I enjoyed your comments. :D
  4. kayladie97 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi Arriss!

I'm relatively new to these boards and I have made a New Year's Resolution to explore stories that I normally wouldn't read! I am a huge Luke/Mara fan so I spend most of my time on the Beyond the Saga board. All that being said, I decided to check out some of the stories that had been nominated for the FF Awards. Yours is the first one I picked and talk about striking gold right away!

There's so much in this story, I don't know where to start...I loved your characterizations of Anakin, Padme and Obi-Wan, they were perfect. And Palpatine was delightfully evil. [face_devil]

I love stories that show the strong bond between Luke and Leia, both in canon-style, and your kind of AU in which they grow up together. Just beautiful! [face_love]

The duel between father and son was awesome, although for a moment there, I wondered if you would have Anakin somehow chop off Luke's hand accidentally...how would he have ever explained that to Padme!? ;)

I loved Han and Chewbacca popping in there so unexpectedly. One of my all time favorite lines one down...only a million more to go! [face_laugh] The banter between Han and Anakin was classic and I loved that Han was instantly attracted to Leia. [face_love]

The romance between Obi-Wan and Sakoya was wonderful...fabulously mushy and yet very realistically handled, I think. I laughed out loud when Anakin caught them in flagrante dilecto! (I think I spelled that right!) [face_laugh]

I can't wait to see what you have in mind for a sequel. I'm only sorry that I couldn't join in all this fun while it was happening, but I guess better late than never, right? :) :D
  5. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Kayladie97

First off ? welcome to the Saga boards. :D

Ugh, New Year?s Resolution. I plan on keeping mine but I have a tendancy to stray? [face_blush] Kudos to you for sticking to them!

I decided to check out some of the stories that had been nominated for the FF Awards.

:cool: I?m glad you gave another genre a chance. It can be hard to wander into new territory. ;) And being nominated for the FanFic Awards has been a great achievement for me.

Yours is the first one I picked and talk about striking gold right away!

Thank you [face_blush] very much. I love to hear from people who enjoy my little baby. :D

I tried very hard to stick to accurate characterizations as I wrote this story. At least how I interpret the characters. ;) Judging from the feedback I?ve received, I guess I succeeded. :) Heehee, Palpatine was fun to write. Why is it the bad guys are always easier to write? 8-}

L&L deserved to grow up together and having kids of my own helped me to write them. I?m glad my portrayal was on the mark. :D

The duel between father and son was awesome, although for a moment there, I wondered if you would have Anakin somehow chop off Luke's hand accidentally...how would he have ever explained that to Padme!?

How indeed? LOL! As I followed along w/the canon trilogy I knew someone had to fall and Luke just happened to be the one. My method may have been unorthodox but [thankfully] it worked. *sigh of relief*

I loved Han and Chewbacca popping in there so unexpectedly. One of my all time favorite lines one down...only a million more to go!

*silly grin* I couldn?t leave out the ?dynamic duo?. [face_laugh] I love Han & he just seemed to fit in well. I had to snicker when I came up w/that line. I could just picture Han rolling his eyes and a huge sigh before he would charge after the Imperials. [face_mischief]

The banter between Han and Anakin was classic and I loved that Han was instantly attracted to Leia.

Thank you!!! I knew that once Han set eyes on Leia he would be captivated. How could he not? ;)

The romance between Obi-Wan and Sakoya was wonderful...fabulously mushy and yet very realistically handled, I think. I laughed out loud when Anakin caught them in flagrante dilecto! (I think I spelled that right!)

It didn?t take long for Sakoya to become a favorite of mine. I like writing her & you never know what she?ll do. She compassionate and independent and absolutely is head over heels for Obi-Wan. [face_love]

I can't wait to see what you have in mind for a sequel. I'm only sorry that I couldn't join in all this fun while it was happening, but I guess better late than never, right?

Absolutely! I?m glad you made it over and enjoyed my story. I really appreciate you giving this story a chance by reading it. I?m still working (albeit slowly) on the sequel but I plan on making sure it spins a few heads. [face_devil]

Thank you for your wonderful comments. :)
  6. Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Arriss,

I've just finished your fabulous story. You beautifully answered the "what if" question in regards to Anakin. I'd go more into it, but I'am processing all of it right now. It has to do with the symbolic relationship between Padme and Anakin and his quest as a Knight. Once I've got it figured out, I'll let you know. Again, great work. *..gives thumbs up!..* :D

Edit: Typo.
  7. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Jedi_Queen_Mx

I'd go more into it, but I'am processing all of it right now. It has to do with the symbolic relationship between Padme and Anakin and his quest as a Knight.

Well, I?ll be around when you nail it down. ;) :)

In the meantime, thank you for reading and I?m really glad you enjoyed my story. :D :D
  8. JediMasterKobe Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooooh! Sequel coming soon. :D
  9. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    JediMasterKobe

And I plan on making it quite?intriguing? [face_devil]

10. DathomirianHealer Jedi Padawan

Wow! I am blown away! I have been searching for months (maybe years) for a story like this. You did an amazing job. An inspiration to us all. I'm sorry I didn't find it earlier. I hope there is a sequel coming. :D I don't think there's enough room on this post to tell you all my compliments, but please know you have them!
  11. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    DathomirianHealer

Hello and welcome. :) Sorry for the late reply but DRL has had a stranglehold on me lately. :(

[face_blush] Thank you very much. Such praise is wonderful to hear. :D I?m glad you liked my story. I tried to follow along the same timeline as the OT but w/twists, of course. ;) I?ve always wondered what made Anakin turn and, sadly, we?ll find out in EP III. But on the flip side, I?ve had this story in my mind of what could have or might have been. I?m just happy it came out as well as it did. :)

Everyone remember that the voting has begun for the Winter Fan Fic Awards. Be sure to cast your vote. :)

Alliance is up against some great competition in the Best AU category. Good luck to all the authors!! :D
  12. SithArriss Jedi Knight

star 1
  13. Padme_daughter Jedi Padawan

14. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Aww, my girl gave me an UP! [face_love] :D [face_love]
  15. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_dancing] Alliance got a couple of noms for the Summer Fan Fic awards. :cool:

Thank you! :D
  16. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Now that ROTS is right around the corner I thought I'd give this a bump for those who may like a different take on the unfolding events...

Just a thought... :)
  17. Alethia Force Ghost

star 5
    I read this entire thing through a few weeks ago- and it was excellent. I loved how you developed it. It was certainly a different, but a wonderful view that I was glad to read.

And yes, with ROTS, we need happier lightside AUs...
  18. SithArriss Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you, Alethia! :D I had fun writing this and I?m really happy it turned out as well as it did. [face_praying] I tried to follow the OT as much as possible but just added twists of my own. ;)

ROTS hits theaters next week (or sooner depending on where you live) so I decided to post w/my sock. :D

Thank goodness for waterproof mascara! I going to need it on the 19th! ;)

19. JacensLightsaber Jedi Padawan

Up! ;) Read this story, its great!

Did I read correctly Mother dearest, a sequel? *squeals in delight*

I can't wait!!!

Damn, forgot I was in this sock... ah well, you know who it is. LOL :p At least, I think you do... I know who I am, do you?? o_O :p
  20. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Jess, is that you, you goofball? :p

On second thought...hmmmm...could be Cat. ;)
  21. skywalker64089 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is there a sequal? You left the question of Mara Jade unanswered, to my way of thinking.

S.
  22. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually there is. ;)

I'm about 3/4 of the way done writing it. Once it's done and my beta and I have fine tuned it I'll start posting. :)

Thanks for asking. :)
  23. Arriss Force Ghost

star 4
    *dusts off the cobwebs*

This is just an update to my last post. The sequel (titled Whispers in the Dark) is almost finished and I hope to be posting soon. Considering this new story will take place approximately 1 year after Alliance, I'll be posting in [face_worried] Beyond the Saga. That will be my first journey into that forum so I hope all goes well.

I know it's taken longer than I would have liked to write this sequel but DRL tends to take over more times than not. With any luck, I'll see many of you, as well as other readers, in the new thread. :)

Until then, MTFBWY. :)

Arriss

24. theman54 Jedi Knight

star 2
    just found this, great story!
  25. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IN preparation for the sequel, I've spent the last 2 days re-reading this.

I'm ready for it!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.