main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Alliance and Empire ~ SW Minis

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by padumavati, Jun 1, 2007.

1. padumavati

padumavati Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2007
    We totally scored a Young Krayt Dragon today!!!! :)

2. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    Also, Heroes & Villains has Star Wars Minis every Sunday at 2 pm. We're thinking about going this Sunday. It sounds like we might just be able to play amongst ourselves, I don't think it's tournament style or anything. Also, H&V is air conditioned. :) Is anyone up for minis this Sunday at H&V? The only thing I don't know is what point total the squads they play are. Probably like 200 or so, but I'll have to call and ask.

Also also, we got the Rebels and Imperials starter today at H&V, so if you're looking for it, they definitely have it. :)

3. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    Okay, so we're not going to Heroes & Villains tomorrow. That's because we got a new dog. :D We're going to chill in the house with her and Raleigh while she adjusts, and to make sure they don't kill each other. Although they're very tolerant of one another so far. But maybe we can get something together for next weekend? Is anyone available?

4. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I am game whenever!

5. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I can do Saturday afternoon/evening...

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I'd like to watch you guys play...I could work on costume projects while not interrupting you guys...if its ok, that is...

7. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I think I can make it

8. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Well as far as saturday goes I am game in the morning afternoon. I will have the kids about midafternoon through the evening. If you guys want to do it late my house is again open to any who want to come and you can stay late and we have LOTS of room.

9. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    So you are saying yes to Saturday night, with the kids, yes?
    I'm in.

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Ani? Little Ani? [:D]

How was the vacation? :confused:

11. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I assume you're talking about me?

I've been back for almost a week now. I was at the RPG. But the vacation was OK. Nothing special. Too bad I missed the meeting though, and a minis session?

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yea you..... say it in jar-Jars voice and it works.

Meeting notes were takes... you can get filled in and Minis I don't know about.

13. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    So let's plan on Chris's house? What time would you like the hordes to arrive, Chris? And would you like us to bring anything besides our fine selves?

Let's also decide on the points for our squads... I'm thinking 200 or 150, depending on how many people are going to play in one game. If we only have like 4 people, I don't think 200 would be too much. Should we also pick factions? I like to be Republic, but I could be New Republic or Sep or something. Or Mandalorian, but that's just evil. :p

14. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm Empire, I vote on 200 point armies.

15. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I like the idea of 200 pt squads for sure.. or even 250.. I know that makes for longer games... but to have really decents squads that is the only way to go.. otherwise you wind up with only two figures in a squad.. what about the idea of playing double squads.. where two or three people set up on a board and create two separate squads that don't have to work together at all, or do or whatever.. just an idea?? I'm still going to need help on how to do damage.. I know hit points and damage points and saves and all the other stuff.. it's just when you combine all of them that I have trouble.. but I plan on reading the rulebook all the way back to AZ from AR tomorrow and saturday and then meeting somewhere that evening for minis [face_coffee] :D [face_good_luck]

16. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Is anyone else interested in doing Minis Saturday night? I'm free to do whatever after 4.

17. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    If anyone's interested in minis, I can play this Saturday. I might be able to get Zachary to play, too. If there aren't too many people, we could meet at a cafe or Borders or something like to play, too. :)

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm free Sat night also but only after 5:00 pm (after work).

19. padumavati

May 30, 2007
    We should start making like... Outlook calendar charts of when everyone is free. :p

20. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm busy that night and pretty much every night for the rest of my life because 2 ppl quit at Cinnabon and I am now the equivalent of Assistant Manager (without the wage or title, but with the hours). So yeah I have now school in the day and a full time job at night.

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Be carefull!

I (and most of us) worked a full time or part time job and went to school full time also, you can easily burn out and fall apart from physical and emotional exaustion.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we played this past saturday night and I didn't have your phone number so I was not able to call you.. can you PM it to me?

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    any suggestions on where to play this saturday day/night. My husband has requested it not be outside of the main area of town due to all the gas I used last weekend, he said once a month on a spot like that is all our budget can hold.

24. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I can't do anything tomorrow night. Working.

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    sorry to hear that :( but at least you will be making money. I heard that a game daze store in an obscure town in AZ has 7 Universe packs and they can transfer them to the gamedaze at Tucson mall if we are interested in purchasing them. that is 12 packs if you include the five that park Place still has left !! 12 chances for Luke, Thrawn and Tsavong lah, amongst the other items we might get as well....