main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alliance of Heroes - post-ANH AU (L/M, H/L, Vader, Palpy, Rogues) - COMPLETE - Part 2 cover up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Apr 13, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Oooh Han and Leia were so close!

:eek: Quite a cliffie.

Great update!

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I love love love the Han and Leia interaction, and the Luke and Mara teeny kiss... but this is leading up to something that is going to be (somehow) more exciting. I'm really looking forward to what happens with the Executor... and I also really hope that Han and Leia finish that kiss! Great update.

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Love the L/M kiss. I hope there are more where that came from (I think the Farmboy is always ready to smooch... maybe a little too ready in some cases! ;) ) Your H/L is very good, too, and that cliffie is mean. Excited for the next chap!

4. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Just a quick comment.... actually, two.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

and

*whispers* Uh-oh.

5. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Grrr, Nanci is mad. I just spend ten minutes typing up comments and then I clicked the "X" on that tab. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

But I will re-type everything because I love you all. Thank you, everyone, for reading and commenting.

Jade: Careful - I don't know if Mara would like you calling her adorable! ;) H/L is funner to write than I ever imagined.

kataja:

But it?s not his ears I want to scratch?

[face_laugh] Now you have ME on the floor!

I adore their bro-sis interaction!

It's really a lot of fun to write, and missing in all kinds of fic.

And of course I adore taht Luke's recklessness shines through here in his relationship with Mara. Another thing were canon got it wrong... Or wait - maybe that's one of the stories that isn't told yet...

I'd like those stories, too. :) But then again, Luke is almost nine years younger than he was when he met Mara in canon - and when that happened, she was gunning for him. ;)

Ok, there was some grandiouse music on the telly when I read this ? but it still felt so real! Like watching one of the films! Awesome writing!

[face_blush] [:D]

Han & Wedge make a fearsome duo!

They did plan the best bachelor party in the galaxy! (They also have some great scenes in Solo Command.)

and of course something had to happen before they could kiss properly! In many ways fanfic romances are really Tom and Jerry ? the difference is that I love fanfic romances but not Tom & Jerry

[face_laugh] C'mon, I just COULDN'T let them kiss just yet! But trust me, when they finally do, it'll be worth the wait. [face_love]

On the other hand, I think P would have straight out ordered her to get experience in the field since it could be a good tool ? while unexplored sexuality could be a weakness.

I definitely agree. And I use it as a plot point later on...

Chortles: Sure thing!!

Hazel: Han makes many priceless comments, and L/M are always good for a squee. :) But c'mon, they gotta be responsible! They'll have time for kissing later...maybe... Glad you liked the H/L. They're such fun to write.

Phoenix: Yes - very, very bad.

jaded_jewel: I agree about Luke and Padme, and I think Leia and Vader have a lot in common, too. They're both a great combination of both parents.

SQUEEE!! The Luke/Mara scene before takeoff was perfect!

Thanks. :)

Leia and Han?you can cut the tension with a knife.

Isn't it fun?!

Ocelotl: It's not me, it's Vader!

Briannakin: Happy Independence Day! :D

Anyway. I love the banter between Luke and Leia, like real twins... Only they don't know it yet.

Thanks! I wonder when they will find out. [face_thinking] [face_whistling]

And we, the readers, thank the Force daily for those feelings of 'just wrongness'.

And the author, trust me.

OH NOES!!!

Oh noes, INDEED.

Fels: That they were, but I couldn't let them get there just yet. ;)

Luna:

I'm really looking forward to what happens with the Executor... and I also really hope that Han and Leia finish that kiss!

Well, Han and Leia will finish the kiss eventually. ;)

ginchy:

I hope there are more where that came from (I think the Farmboy is always ready to smooch... maybe a little too ready in some cases!

Lol, that he is! Will there be more L/M kisses? :points to icon: What do YOU think? [face_love]

Katana: Very appropriate comments. :)

Next post tomorrow morning! We are nearing the end of Part 1 - coming up on 18 out of 20.

For those of you interested in the progress of this fic, I have written two chapters of Part 2 and am just starting on Chapter 3. Part 2 will have a lot more chapters but they will hopefully be shorter in length. I will probably take a two or three week hiatus after this fic is finished before posting Part 2, and will only post one chapter a week until I finish writing.

6. LouQuinn

LouQuinn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 14, 2010
    Why haven't I heard or read this fic before? This is utter brilliance! You capture in each character's thoughts so well, it's hard not to read it with their respective voices in your head.

And I'd like an update on PM, please :D

7. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    LouQuinn: Wow, thank you so much! I will put you on the list!

PM list:
    Luna_Nightshade
    Clarizabel
    Vivid_Scripts
    kataja
    Hazel
    Jace1709
    Briannakin
    baritonejedi
    Phoenix5
    Katana_Sundancer
    YmaSolo
    frodogenic1
    LouQuinn

[u]CHAPTER 18[/u]

Darth Vader sat alone in his barometric chamber, free of the helmet that separated him from the rest of the universe. This was one of the only places where he could feel air on his face, breathe without the assistance of that damned respirator, and see with his own eyes. He craved the silence that accompanied him here, the only place silence was possible.

This was a place of meditation, of contemplation?a place where Vader ruminated on decisions long past and schemed to make dreams become reality. Lately all his thoughts had centered on one being: Luke Skywalker, his son, the only person in the universe who was capable of destroying the Emperor. At one time Vader had been capable of doing so, but all that had been lost after Kenobi?s treacherous betrayal. Kenobi?s and Padme?s?

Unconsciously, Vader pressed the activation button on the small device in his hand. A hologram instantly came to life; a young woman speaking passionately in front of the Senate she had so faithfully served, her hair elaborately coiffed and adorned in a gown that covered her entire body but hid none of her exquisite beauty.

This was the only object in his possession associated with his dead wife. Everything else had been purged of his own accord, so Vader could pretend that she had never existed. But of course that was impossible, for she was the entire reason for Vader?s existence. He had done everything for her?and had killed her in the process. It was one of the cruelest ironies of his life.

He stared at the hologram for a moment, listening to her impassioned words about preserving the Republic. The Republic?Vader could only laugh as he imagined what his dear wife would think of him now. She would be fighting against him, would kill him if she ever got the chance, and Vader wouldn?t have blamed her one bit. After all, Padme had betrayed him in the first place, and he had killed her in return.

And despite all that, he still loved her.

Could a Sith love? It went against everything his master had ever taught him and yet, Vader couldn?t deny it. He had never stopped loving Padme, and he knew deep inside that she had loved him until the very end.

And now, thanks to a spy in the Rebellion, Vader was so close to being reunited with his son?another family member Kenobi had turned against him. Luke Skywalker was his son and Vader would inform him of that fact, and then explain everything to him. He'd complete the boy's training and the two would overthrow the Emperor, just as he had pledged to Padme that horrible day on Mustafar. He had asked her to rule the galaxy with him and she?d refused, but he could not imagine Luke refusing such an offer. Vader had felt it already?Luke was so very much like Anakin.

It would be easy to turn him. It had been for Anakin.

A chime rang, the indication that someone had entered Vader?s chamber. He reached out with his senses; it was Captain Piett, come to report on the mission?s progress no doubt. With one last look at the woman he?d loved, Vader deactivated the hologram and slowly lowered the helmet back onto his head. After twenty years he was still only able to survive without it for a few minutes at a time and only in this chamber. Vader had once hoped that eventually, with enough time, he would be able to heal himself with the Force.

And that was the other cruel irony of his life?the Dark Side, with all its infinite power, could not heal.

Piett stood nervously, waiting for Lord Vader to respond to his arrival. As captain of the Super Star Destroyer Piett was more than qualified to make his own decisions, but he had learned in his tenure that it was more than recommended to run information of note past Lord Vader before making any mission cri

8. LouQuinn

Feb 14, 2010
    I was reading Plooma when your PM arrived. Honestly, your stories are amazingly hilarious. I'll have to edit this later since I do feel obliged to do a line-by-line review. This fic deserves as much :D

EDIT: Alright, so I can't do the line-by-line review because that would require me quoting everything.

I've finished reading this for the second time and I honestly can't wait for the next update. This has got me hooked from the first page and I love how you manage to capture Mara Jade's anxiety, determination and her strength in the little quirks and internal battle with herself.

And Vader was... unnerving and frightening. Terrifyingly frightening, in fact. It's one of the things people seemed to have missed; it's probably because he seemed so stoic and emotionless that people would often dismissed him as being robotic. But you've captured the depth of his emotions in the little things he did and the muses he had. This is pure excellence. I'm looking forward to part II and part III of the trilogy :)

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Well the whole womp-rat is out of the bag now! Very exciting chapter and I love how Luke and Mara worked together -- and with (Luke trusting) the Force -- to escape. I'm sure the Rogues will be none too pleased but Luke... he'll get the answers he needs and I'm going to guess probably more from the former Emp's Hand.

I love how Mara knows what Vader and the Emperor would do to Luke if they could, twisting him into something ugly. That's part of what's always drawn me to L/M, how both are so unique in the other's life, they've never met anyone quite like each other and they can't get enough.

Can't wait to see it all go down!

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great chapter =D=

I'm so glad everyone got away and I'm dying to know what will happen next.

11. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Darn, whata chapter! Profound supsence! I still feel breathless!=D= [face_dancing] =D=

He had done everything for her?and had killed her in the process.

Fabulous scene with Vader alone in his chamber. Very poignant - and the line above a gem. I like the (actually terribly sad) idea that the only things he has left of her is a senate recording...

Mara switched on her comm, opening another connection to Luke, and began yelling profusely. ?What the hell are you doing!?
    After that top professional dialogue with Vader, she turns to Luke and just starts yelling. [face_laugh] I LOOOVE that![face_love] Ah, true love! [face_blush]

He?d always been self-deprecating, thinking that she could never care for him as much as he cared for her, and brushing off everyone?s compliments and praise of his abilities.

But now, staring at the Super Star Destroyer and knowing what waited for him on the other side, he finally felt the true depth of Mara?s feelings and could no longer deny that they were meant to be.

I really like this. It's very in character that Luke's self-deprecating would lead him to believe he's less lived than he is. Only with Mara he can't deny it because he can sense it through the Force...

Heh - I'd like to pick out more but then I'd have to pick out most of the chapter :p Amazing job!!![:D] =D= [:D]

12. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    Two fantastic chapters! The first is so tender and loving and the second is so tense... I forgot how to breath and exhaled only when they esc?ped.=D=

13. anakin_sal-solo

anakin_sal-solo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 2, 2011
    nice story

i swear i have yet to read a story in which ozzel actually survives[face_laugh]

if you could please add me to the pm list it would be greatly appressiated

14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wow. I wonder how the conversation between Luke and Mara will go now.

Amazing chapter.

I love how Ozzel met his death the same way he did in the movies.

15. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

Vader in his chamber made me very nostalgic about Return of the Sith?I wanted to then (and still want to now) to shake him and yell Palpatine is playing you, you moron!! Great job on this part, I always imagined Vader having something to remind him of Padme. The emotions and thoughts were spot on as well.

Black Asp?I like the name, very suiting.

Whoa!!...Emperor?s Hand recognition code!? I?s confused how this will work out?

Wow great twist in the story with Zev.

OOhh!! Excellent way to bring the Emperors Hand title to Luke?s attention...really, I never would have thought of it, but it?s a brilliant and sensible way to do it.

Mara?s interaction with Red is just too cute for some reason.

Of Course Mara would love baiting, bashing, picking on, and tricking Vader?it?s at the core of her being that she loves being sarcastic, witty, and blunt as the sharp edge of a sword.

UUGGHHH!! Mara, Lesson number 1 in farmboy?he doesn?t leave people behind and has a hero complex.

Oh thank goodness they escaped! I was hoping you wouldn?t let them be brought on board?now time for coming clean?I forsee a lot of tension, hugs, possibly tears, and well with Mara there is bound to be some yelling in there somewhere.

I think this chapter is my favorite so far, you manage to bring everything together and made it realistic at that?not an easy thing to do. Great work!! :) =D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantabulous! =D= Your Vader is excellent & Mara -- :D !!

Glad everyone got away safe too thanks to Mara.

And Luke's trust :* !!

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Really enjoyed Vader's inner thoughts.

Oh Ozzel, you just can't win. :p

Great update.

18. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    That was intense!

I love how Mara and Luke were dancing around trusting each other, and how Luke still trusts her despite the lie even if it hurts. I also loved seeing Mara play with Vader, kind of like a cat and mouse. Can't wait to see Luke and Mara's conversation when they get a chance! Great update.

19. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Leia didn?t mind that a Command meeting had been scheduled immediately after the memorial. She preferred it that way, actually

You do seem like the kind of woman who prefers to just get lost in their work.

Leia didn?t mind that a Command meeting had been scheduled immediately after the memorial. She preferred it that way, actually

Oh Leia. she can't show weakness to anyone, so she has to keep it to herself and only the closest of confidants.

She was starving and had several reports to type up later that night. And of course there was always the possibility that she would run into Captain Solo?not that such a thing would appeal to her, of course.

You are a lying liar who lies. How your stubbornness doesn't cause the universe to collapse in on itself is a miracle

The Rogues had teased that such behavior was just another kind of foreplay. Luke had blushed profusely and assigned the guilty parties to a month of kitchen duty after they'd made that comment.

Let me guess. Wes and Dack? Wes and Dack.

?Next on the agenda is a status update on Echo Base. General Muvunc?? Just several months ago, Thila base had come under attack and the Alliance had been forced to evacuate at a moment's notice. Mon Mothma and General Rieekan were both antsy to move to a new location.

Boy I hope you all are ready to travel to Hoth and freeze every single body part off!

It was not, as Han Solo had so unwisely claimed, because she missed sleeping in his ship. She merely missed her work.

Uhhuh. Suuuuuure, Princess :p

?You can count on me, ma?am.?

?I knew I could, Princess. I assume that you would like to travel with Captain Solo for this mission??

Leia furrowed her brow. Why would she assume such a thing? Leia huffed under her breath. ?Actually, ma?am, whatever transport is available would be more than adequate for this mission.?

?As a matter of fact, Captain Solo has already volunteered his services.?

I'm sure he has. Leia?s heart skipped a beat.

Try as you might, you just can't get away from him. And yes, everyone can see it. Just shack up with him!

?Princess Leia, I?d like to introduce you to Crix Madine.?

Who has one of the finest beards in all the Alliance.

And if Han Solo acted nicely to her, maybe the trip would be doubly advantageous.

If not, well, at least she could brush up on her dejarik skills with Chewbacca.

Always looking on the bright side, eh Leia? :D

He had accepted her explanation, and hopefully he would never again bring up the topic.

Yeah, right. That will happen right around the time Skywalker stops volunteering the Rogues for every mission in the Alliance

You know Luke, eager little puppy he is.

Besides, what did she care what she looked like during the mission briefing? She doubted that the other pilots cared what they looked like around Skywalker.

But kriff it all, she did.

Luke and Mara sittin' in a tree ...

?Hi, Mara! I?m sorry I haven?t gotten a chance to speak with you lately. Busy busy; you know how it is.?

Mara nodded, trying her best not to stare at the bearded general. ?Oh, yeah. We?ll have to get together soon.?

No escaping your past, Mara. You're just gonna have to confront it.

What would she do if Madine recognized her? What would he do?

I imagine the consequences would be pretty dire :(

Winter Retrac, the Intelligence officer who had first escorted her and the other defectors around Home One, stood across from her. The pair had become good acquaintances, maybe even friends, over the past six months, and often ate dinner together or talked about silly female things that Mara never dared bring up around the Rogues?unless she was trying to make them very uncomfortable.

Girl talk with Mara and Winter must be a very odd thing. Conversation would drift from the usual topics to the latest in sidearms in a hurry.

?This problem is one that needs to be discussed in private, I?m afraid.?

?Let me guess?a certain Alderaanian is giving you trouble?? Winter blushe

20. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    LouQuinn:

I was reading Plooma when your PM arrived. Honestly, your stories are amazingly hilarious. I'll have to edit this later since I do feel obliged to do a line-by-line review. This fic deserves as much

Aww, double thanks! [:D] This trilogy won't always be hilarious, but I'm trying to be funny sometimes. :)

This has got me hooked from the first page and I love how you manage to capture Mara Jade's anxiety, determination and her strength in the little quirks and internal battle with herself.

I'm very, very glad to hear that. My main focus when writing fanfic is to make the characters believable. After all, I love these characters so that's why I write them!

And Vader was... unnerving and frightening. Terrifyingly frightening, in fact. It's one of the things people seemed to have missed; it's probably because he seemed so stoic and emotionless that people would often dismissed him as being robotic. But you've captured the depth of his emotions in the little things he did and the muses he had. This is pure excellence.

Okay, well I'm blushing now. Vader has been intersting to write and I will be in his head more in Part 2 and 3.

ginchy:

Very exciting chapter and I love how Luke and Mara worked together -- and with (Luke trusting) the Force -- to escape.

Luke and Mara working together is one of my favorite things. But of course, isn't that why everyone started shipping them from Day One?

That's part of what's always drawn me to L/M, how both are so unique in the other's life, they've never met anyone quite like each other and they can't get enough.

Oh, yes. [face_love] Thank you for reading!

Hazel: Thank you! What will happen next? One word - angst!

kataja:

Fabulous scene with Vader alone in his chamber. Very poignant - and the line above a gem. I like the (actually terribly sad) idea that the only things he has left of her is a senate recording...

I go back and forth between hating Vader (for being mean to Luke) and pitying him (because I still see adorable Anakin underneath the helmet). In the end I want a combination of both, and hope I can achieve that here.

After that top professional dialogue with Vader, she turns to Luke and just starts yelling. I LOOOVE that! Ah, true love!

[face_laugh] [face_love] Well, the couple that fights together stays together. :D

Thank you! [:D]

Piper: So glad you enjoyed!

anakin_sal-solo: Ozzel is doomed to die. :D Will put you on the list, thanks!

Briannakin: Their conversation probably won't be as mushy as it would've been. :( And yes, Ozzel was always slated to die - but he met his demise a tad earlier than in canon. [face_devil]

jaded_jewel:

Vader in his chamber made me very nostalgic about Return of the Sith?I wanted to then (and still want to now) to shake him and yell Palpatine is playing you, you moron!!

You and me, both. :( Stupid Anakin. Grrrr.

Black Asp?I like the name, very suiting.

The Blask Asp is courtesy of Mike Stackpole's X-Wing books. :)

Wow great twist in the story with Zev.

Actually it was Zurel, but thanks - and he's an Imperial in the Wraith Squadron books so some people might've seen that coming. :)

OOhh!! Excellent way to bring the Emperors Hand title to Luke?s attention...really, I never would have thought of it, but it?s a brilliant and sensible way to do it.

Thank you! While I love how Mara spills the beans in canon, I just thought that, at this time period, it would make more sense for Luke to have to see her in action. It would be much more dramatic than if she just flat-out told him. Because yeah, you can say that you understand what being the Emperor's Hand means, but you really don't until you see it.

Mara?s interaction with Red is just too cute for some reason.

Ahh, just you wait. I'm a huge fan of droid humor and plan on bringing it back

21. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I just knew you were going somewhere with the whole Darillian thing - I KNEW IT. I knew you hadn't just picked the name out of thin air. Dirty rotten...

Does this mean that one day we might still get the whole 'Face impersonates the Imperial madman' thing? *pleasesayyes pleasesayyes* That's one of the best scenes from Wraith Squadron, where everyone's cheering him for keeping ahead of Trigit's questions. I seriously loved it.

But, back on topic... very good update. Luke Luke Luke, how did I know? And don't be too hurt at Mara not confiding all in you... trust can be hard to trust... Wow, that sounded bizarre. I just meant that sometimes, even if you trust someone, it can still be hard TELLING them stuff that you know they don't want to hear.

And way to go Mara! Excellent tactics to save all the Rogues. (You know, I want Mara to meet Gara/Lara/Kirney; I think they'd make a great team.)

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Katana:

I just knew you were going somewhere with the whole Darillian thing - I KNEW IT. I knew you hadn't just picked the name out of thin air. Dirty rotten...

Does this mean that one day we might still get the whole 'Face impersonates the Imperial madman' thing? *pleasesayyes pleasesayyes* That's one of the best scenes from Wraith Squadron, where everyone's cheering him for keeping ahead of Trigit's questions. I seriously loved it.

Perhaps. That's way out of the range of this story arc. But you can imagine it if you like. :)

trust can be hard to trust... Wow, that sounded bizarre. I just meant that sometimes, even if you trust someone, it can still be hard TELLING them stuff that you know they don't want to hear.

Yup, when it comes down to it Mara trusts Luke implicitly, but before her hand was forced I don't think she even realized that.

And way to go Mara! Excellent tactics to save all the Rogues. (You know, I want Mara to meet Gara/Lara/Kirney; I think they'd make a great team.)

I had a lot of Gara/Lara/Kirney flashbacks when writing Mara in the Rebellion during this part of the story. I actually tried very hard NOT to make it a copy of Lara's story. That's why Mara didn't act as a spy when she first arrived.

[u]CHAPTER 19[/u]

Luke waited until the rest of the Rogues had disembarked from their X-wings before bringing his starfighter into the hangar. He'd had hours to consider what had really happened during their confrontation with the [i]Executor[/i], but he still wasn't ready to face the inevitable. He still wasn't ready to face Mara.

But he could no longer delay it.

He forced himself to concentrate on nothing else but the landing procedures as he flew into the graceful Mon Calamari starship. His pilots, including Mara, stood clustered around Wedge's X-wing, waiting for their commanding officer's words of consolation and wisdom. And all Luke wanted to do was run into his quarters and not come out for days.

He was assaulted with a thousand questions as soon as he climbed down the ladder but he ignored them, focusing instead on the white blur hurtling toward him. Leia practically jumped into his arms and squeezed him so tight that Luke had trouble breathing. Despite how troubled he felt, he couldn't help but smile at Leia?s enthusiasm.

?Thank the Force you're safe,? she murmured against him. ?I was so worried!?

?Really? I couldn?t tell.?

She pulled away to smack him, then clutched him close again. ?Stop it, Luke. It was awful not knowing what had happened to you?I had these horrible visions of what Vader would do to you??

?Shhh,? he soothed. ?It?s fine, Leia. I?m right here.? But he hugged her just as tight.

After several long moments, he heard the sound of a throat clearing behind Leia. Han stood there uncomfortably. ?Leia, the meeting?s about to start.?

?Thank you,? she replied. ?Luke, they want you to come to the Command briefing. I tried to get you out of it, but they insisted.?

?It?s okay, I figured they'd want to speak to me right away. Go ahead, I?ll be right there, I just want to say something to them first.? He gestured toward the Rogues watching them, and purposefully avoided looking at Mara.

?Of course.? Leia stretched up on her toes to kiss his cheek, then walked out of the hangar alongside Han.

Luke took a deep breath and faced his pilots. His XO was the first to speak. ?What happened out there, boss??

?I have no idea,? he lied. ?Somehow the gravity well went offline. Perhaps the interdictor had a malfunction.?

"It doesn't make sense; why didn't they just bring us in with their tractor beams right away?" Hobbie asked.

Luke shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine."

?Well, I'm not complaining. That?s the luckiest break I?ve ever gotten,? Dack said.

?Why were you and Mara behind us?? Tycho asked.

Luke shifted awkwardly, still refusing to look at Mara even though he felt her emotions so clearly. ?I stayed back to make sure everyone jumped safely. Mara?s X-wing experienced a tempora

23. LouQuinn

Feb 14, 2010
    THIS IS ONE WICKED CHAPTER! Hang on, I'm in the middle of something. But I'll edit this later! :p

EDIT: This is really a cruel treat. My heart actually goes out for Mara, and I can't wait to see Luke and Mara's talk after all of this has happened. And bravo for Han! He's actually being self-assertive there!

Please don't take too long to update; I'm literally on the edge of my seat waiting to know what's gonna happen next [face_praying]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thank you! What will happen next? One word - angst!

[face_worried]

?I know, I just wanted to say that I?m so sorry??

?I heard you the first time.? Mara nodded, looking so small and pitiful, and so unlike the woman he?d heard face off against Darth Vader. Luke sighed. ?Look Mara, I can?t do this right now. Go hang out with the other Rogues. I?ll find you when I?m ready to talk.?

:(

She leaned forward as if to kiss him but Luke turned away, unable to let her get so close. He walked away without saying another word.

:_|

?Because of Lieutenant Darillian?s deception, Echo Base's location has been compromised. I?m sorry, General Muvunc, General Rieekan?but we will have to find a new location.?

Hoth? *shivers with the cold*

?Yeah Leia, but that?s the thing. You don?t. The only time you focus on your feelings is when it has to do with Luke.?
    Leia, he's got you cornered.

Gee, Nanci, you weren't kidding about the angst.

I need to get me some mush now.

25. Chortles

Chortles Jedi Padawan

Apr 21, 2011
    Hazel, remember that Echo Base was on Hoth, so it sounds like they'll actually be having to avoid it... for now, anyway.