main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alliance of Heroes - post-ANH AU (L/M, H/L, Vader, Palpy, Rogues) - COMPLETE - Part 2 cover up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMara77, Apr 13, 2011.

1. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Forgot to congratulate you on the fabulous cover!! Amazing job Iverna!!! =D= =D= =D=

2. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Chapter 19:

He'd had hours to consider what had really happened during their confrontation with the Executor, but he still wasn't ready to face the inevitable. He still wasn't ready to face Mara.

And I'm sure Mara isn't quite ready to face you either, farmboy.

His pilots, including Mara, stood clustered around Wedge's X-wing, waiting for their commanding officer's words of consolation and wisdom. And all Luke wanted to do was run into his quarters and not come out for days.

Every CO has those moments :(

What happened out there, boss??

?I have no idea,? he lied.

And what a whopper of a lie!

?Yeah,? Luke murmured. ?Anyway, I have to go to a Command briefing. I am hereby ordering you all to partake in some downtime. I?ll schedule a briefing for later on tomorrow.?

You know they've gone to hell and back when the CO issues mandatory downtime.

?But Luke?I should have told you everything?I was going to, I swear??

?When were you going to tell me, Mara? Before or after I?d completely fallen for you??

She stepped back, a deeply hurt look on her face. ?That?s not fair.?

Oooh. Bit of the farmboy bubbling up to the surface there :D

She leaned forward as if to kiss him but Luke turned away, unable to let her get so close. He walked away without saying another word.

He had never felt so horrible in his entire life.

Awwww :(

Why must you make them so sad?

Despite everything Luke still cared for her deeply, and that was what hurt so much. His brain was telling him to forget about her, that she was a liar and if she had lied about her past, she could have lied about anything since she?d joined the Alliance.

Brains are silly, you should ignore them!

?We?ll need to examine her starfighter, to determine if there is a problem,? General Bryl insisted.

Uh oh. Flight recorders that house avionics and transmission records.

?Because of Lieutenant Darillian?s deception, Echo Base's location has been compromised. I?m sorry, General Muvunc, General Rieekan?but we will have to find a new location.?

The Ordnance and Supply director nodded sadly. ?It?s a pity. We?ve done a lot of good work on that base.?

Yes, quite a pity you won't be enjoying the chilled confines of Hoth :p

?Unfortunately, I did not," he said quietly. "I don?t know why I couldn?t sense his treachery.?

?I see.? Leia's face was set in stone as she turned back to Chief Mothma. ?That is all, ma?am.?

Uh oh. Leia's on to you, Luke!

Somehow, Leia knew that Luke was lying about what had happened on the mission.

I'd go with your gut on this one, Princess.

?I think Luke lied to Command.?

Han's eyes widened in shock. ?What??

I love how everyone is surprised ^_^

?That?s not true at all!?

?Really, Leia? Then why don?t you tell me one time you?ve allowed your ?feelings? to dictate your actions when you?re around me??

Oooh, he's got you there, Princess!

?I?ve been staying!? He jumped up from his chair, pacing back and forth while running a hand through his hair. ?I?ve stayed for over a year! Why isn?t that good enough for you??

?You are way out of line.?

He's way out of line and you're stubborn. Next set of obvious facts!

?Unfortunately, Leia, I know exactly what you mean.?

He didn?t give her a chance to respond before turning around and walking away.

You're just as bad as Luke, dammit :p

?By the look on your face, I take it you?re not here to kiss and make up,? Mara said, trying to lighten the mood.

Ah. No. No he is not.

?You need to tell Cracken everything," Luke said. "Intel is going to examine our flight recorders. If he finds out that you lied, you?re out of the Squadron?probably the Alliance.?

Actually it's probably worse than that. If they find out she lied, she's looking at a long time in a brig cell. Potentially execution.

His eyes remained straight ahead, but the compassion was there again. ?I told you, Mara. I don?t abandon my subordinates. Or my friends.?

She glanced away, blinking back sudde

3. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    Iverna made two BEAUTIFUL covers for you JediMara77!!!! I hope Palpy doesn't catch Luke and Mara for awhile yet. It would be a shame to put turmoil in their relationship now. :_|

I noticed that Leia had tears in her eyes when she watched Luke and Mara at the pilot's lounge. Why is that?

Otherwise, This is beautiful and I can't wait for the next one to come out July 26th. Keep the great story.

4. YmaSolo

YmaSolo Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2008
    Back from holiday to the end of this lovely fic... must ruminate on my thoughts>

cant wait for part 2>

5. Jace1709

Jace1709 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2004
    Add me to the PM list for part 2 please.

6. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    whoo! excellent finish =D=

I'm looking forward to part two!

7. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

Wow! Both covers're wonderful but the second one - it's just fantastic, I can't take my eyes off it. =D=[face_love]

This story definitely needs a PM chapter. [face_batting] Just a suggestion. [face_whistling]

8. Justinian

Justinian Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    Few chapters into it. Like your Leia, Luke, and Han so far.

9. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    kataja: I love both of the covers (actually all three of them) so much!

Lane:

Chapter 19:

And I'm sure Mara isn't quite ready to face you either, farmboy.

It's an awkward, awkward situation. :(

And what a whopper of a lie!

Every CO has those moments, too. :)

Oooh. Bit of the farmboy bubbling up to the surface there

It was so hard to write that but I knew it wouldn't be realistic for him to say everything was okay right away. He's been hurt pretty badly, no matter what his feelings are for her.

Awwww

Why must you make them so sad?

You think they're sad NOW?

Brains are silly, you should ignore them!

LOL! That would probably get them into more trouble, though.

Uh oh. Flight recorders that house avionics and transmission records.

Ayup. They've got problems!

Yes, quite a pity you won't be enjoying the chilled confines of Hoth

Actually, I fooled you. ;) They weren't going to Hoth; Echo Base was supposed to be on another planet. NOW they're going to Hoth. :D

I'd go with your gut on this one, Princess.

Leia doesn't really do very well in "going with her gut." She needs to meet a little green dude to help her with that - oh my, I've said too much!

Oooh, he's got you there, Princess!

That, he does. Score 1 for Han.

He's way out of line and you're stubborn. Next set of obvious facts!

Hehehehe

You're just as bad as Luke, dammit

Love problems all around in the Alliance!

Ah. No. No he is not.

Poor Mara. :(

Actually it's probably worse than that. If they find out she lied, she's looking at a long time in a brig cell. Potentially execution.

Yeah, well you know Luke - always looking on the bright side. Mara, though, knows what she's facing, which says a lot about her character that she's finally willing to be honest instead of wanting to run away.

Dammit, Farmboy. Sometimes you now just the right thing to say!

It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's very good. :)

Thanks, Lane! Now you're just in time to start reading Part 2 (with the much shorter chapters!). :D

Chapter 20:

Mara doesn't do anything halfway. This includes confessions

She certainly doesn't. She probably would have interrupted a Command meeting and confessed in front of everybody if she had to. :p

A little soon to be jumping the gun on motive, don't you think? Intelligence desperately needs people who know the inner workings of the Empire. Luke may be obligated to transfer you there for the greater good.

She's being a silly girl right now.

And that's incredibly sad sad.gif

Don't take away Red!

Don't worry, she'll have Red for awhile. :)

Antilles'd the HELL out of that rule.

LOL! I really like that expression. :)

Holy crap. It's beta Wraith Squadron.

Yes. Yes it is. :D I patted myself on the shoulder when I came up with that one. :D

The mental image of Cracken skipping around his office with glee fills me with delight.

Me too!

Man, Luke has some terrible corrupting influences in his life. Wedge, Han, Wes ...

And now he's got Mara.

I suspect there's only one person in the Galaxy capable of fleecing Mara. Wonder if she'll meet one Mirax Terrik one day

I'd say there's a pretty good chance. I mean, she is serving with Wedge. :)

Tycho's a very understanding person, you see. You should find him a girlfriend or somethin. Now that you're part of Intel. Just sayin.

Why Lane, whatever do you mean?

One of these days, Wes, you're going to get your head knocked off.

And I REALLY hope I'm there to see it.

Methinks you need to talk it out with a certain smuggler *nods nods*

Sorry, you only get one ship resolution per story. :)

Uh. Oh. Well Vader, this is bad.

Yes. Just go with the flow, Vader.

Ah Palpy. Always with the creepy.

Creepy is his middle name. Or

10. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    PM PM PM PM PM!!!! Please? :D

11. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Hi

Can you pop me on your PM list too?

I liked the story.

12. LouQuinn

LouQuinn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 14, 2010
    Just dropped in to see Part Two's cover. My initial response was, "WHAT IS THIS AMAZINGNESS YOU HAVE BESTOWED UPON US?!". Seriously, the cover is a lot better than some of the canons. Seriously counting down to Night Must Fall; can't wait![face_praying]

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Katana and Vaderette: done!

Lou: Iverna's work is simply amazing. I'm so frustrated I can't show you all the cover for Part 3 yet. :p

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I read through story at last and loved it all. Had a reaction of "Banter! Rogue banter!" [face_dancing] [face_laugh] [:D] and burst out laughing on a number of occasions. I laughed, I cried, and wanted to hug you by the time I was done reading this part... I loved this.

Well done, JediMara77. :)

15. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Thank you, Daena! I'm really glad you enjoyed. [:D] Now you only have three chapters to catch up with in Night Must Fall! ;)

16. blank101

blank101 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Just wanted to drop by and say MANY CONGRATS on your nominations[face_peace]

Ten in all! That's going some!

=D= :D Well done you! :D =D=

17. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Marathon read! :p

Always fun to see Luke and Mara during the saga. :D

Good ol' Palps though... ruining the party.

18. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    blank - Thank you! And congrats on yours! [:D]

RedGold - Yay for marathon reads! You know Palpy, always plotting something evil. I hope you check out Part II! :)

19. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    great read - well done :) =D=

20. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    I just finished reading this after finding it last night. Awesome fic. I can't wait to get into the next one.

21. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks, maggy and TorontoJediMaster!

Also, I'd like to give a huge thank you to everyone who nominated and voted for this fic in the Saga awards. It won:

Best Alternate Universe
    Best All Around
    Best Canon Interpretation, Male (Luke Skywalker) (tie)
    Best Ensemble Cast
    Best New Author (tie)

Thank you all so much!

22. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Incredible story! Wonderful, captivating! I couldn't stop reading this.
    Great job! I can't wait to read part 2.
    I always love it when I stumble upon completed great stories :D