main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Allow me to intorduce myself...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Dashing_Rouge, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dashing_Rouge

Dashing_Rouge Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2006
    Hello all! I stumbled upon this place, rather by accident, but it seems very cozy. I'll happily count myself among your ranks, once, that is, I have been properly cultured to the ways of the force around this forum. I've already posted a desire to be adopted, and any sage advice, and friendly welcomes are much appreciated!

A little about me:
    -I'm a college student and an aspiring fiction writer.
    -I've been obsessed with Star Wars since the age of five.
    -Aside from SW, I love Pirates of the Caribbean and Nightmare Before Christmas.
    -If the monicker I provided in my user name is too annoying to type call me either Jack (nickname) or Brad (real name).

I look foreward to hearing from you and making new friends.

... oh, and I probably won't always talk like an victorian gentleman, its just the mood I'm in today...

2. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Welcome Dashing_Rogue to this fine board. You have registered in time for the last bits of Pirate day!

Some advice is to lurk the other boards, so you can get the hang of the posting. And don't be afraid to ask questions from any of the mods(We're the users with their usernames in colors). Also many of the posters here are nice and helpful, if you ever encounter a mean user, don't be mean back, but get in touch with a mod and they'll handle it.

Also here's a link to the Rules and Announcement board, which where put up our basic rules for the boards.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.:)

3. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    It's good to have you here introducing yourself - welcome to the boards! May your stay be long and addicting.

While we definitely have a lot of boards to talk about Star Wars, we also have a healthy supply of non-Star Wars forums, such as Sci-Fi and Fantasy and the JC Community - there you'll discover threads to talk about Pirates of the Carribean and Nightmare Before Christmas, along with many many more topics.

Enjoy your stay, and yay for pink! (I think.)

4. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Hi Brad! I'm either Horsey (nickname) or Lisa (real name). I'm frequently on the Lit boards because I love reading SW books and comics (recently got into those). Welcome to the forums! I love it here so I hope you do also.

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome (again), Dashing_Rouge! :)

You really picked the best day of the year for your signing up - talk like a pirate day. :D
    I think this pirate day won't stay for long, a bit more than a day so everyone on the world can enjoy full 24hours of these crazy times. ;)

If you like FanFics, do you want to show us a bit of your work? Especially if it is about SW? Then you should take a look at FanFic. There are lots of great stories and a good place to post your own. :)

Enjoy your stay and see you around. :D

6. Jawanese

Jawanese Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2006

Hello, I am a new member too. I am making a Jawa costume for myself and my husband has armor. The only name I go by is Aimee. I hope to meet new friends that enjoy Star Wars as much as I do:)

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You're new, too? Why haven't you opened your own introdution thread yet? There we could give you a better welcome. ;) :)

But since I'm already welcome you in some way, I like to direct you to Costum & Props. Maybe there you can get more ideas and tipps for your own costume(s). :)

Enjoy your time at the boards. :)

8. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, and welcome to the forums, Brad.
    If I can be of any help to you, please don't hesitate to PM me.
    Enjoy your stay here, and I hope you have loads of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.