Provo Allow me to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Marna_Veign, May 17, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    I used to hang out in here back around the time of the Salt Lake Olympics, and I had fun with the group then, until...

I don't want to get much into that, but needless to say, I had to leave the fan force for a while.

Now that my life has calmed down a bit... Well, that's not quite right. It's as busy as ever. But anyway, I decided to check back with the other local fans and see if I can fit in again. So you won't think I'm nothing but rambling, I'll do a bit of an intro.

Because I'm a little nervous putting my really true name on the internet, all I will say about that is I'm Marna Veign. If you want to see my on-line alias, which is also not truely my real name, you can check my bio.

I live in Springville with my husband (user name Jediloren) and 2 boys, ages 5 and 2. We love Star Wars so much, the kids fight over the lightsabers we have in our collection. My 5-year-old has in the past defeated me in duels. The 2-year-old defeats me when I'm not ready or armed. A pic of my now 5-year-old is in my bio. He was 18 months in that pic.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I will be able to get to any of the activities for a while. I do want to be involved again in a group of Star Wars fans in my area, even if it is only on-line here.
  2. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Welcome, Marna, or welcome back! Glad to have you around and we hope to meet you at activities!
  3. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    I wasn't expecting any reply so swiftly. :D

I do hope to have fun in here on-line, and that I will be able to bring my boys (husband included in the 'boys' comment) to some activities.
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    You'll find I'm here a lot. What do you like to do in SW other than fanforce?
  5. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    I like to hang in the Role Play forums. Just getting back into that after a long absence from a move. I'm also into Knights of the Old Republic and other PC Star Wars games. I have most of the books, except the New Jedi Order.

I'm also writing a fan fiction about a Jedi Apprentice (by the name of Marna Veign), her Master, Tahsh Hapay, and their first mission together.

Of course, everything goes wrong, nearly resulting in death for both the Jedi. [face_devil]
  6. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Sounds like my kind of fanfiction. :)
  7. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    The whole thing has soap-operaish tie-ins all throughout the story.

Tahsh Hapay had a group of friends in Temple training. Jonathan, Dee, Kane, and Geisha. When a Jedi comes to pick a padawan, Tahsh fights Jonathan and wins, he looses his temper, and basically gets booted out. Years later, he is advisor to Crown Prince on Neuterian with plans to take over the world. A Jedi team is sent in, and of course, it's Tahsh and her new apprentice, Marna. Tahsh does not recognize 'Jonny' because he's changed his name and she thinks he's dead.

Marna gets seperated from Tahsh and learns something she should not have discovered on her own. Jonathan decides to try and turn Marna for his own dark apprentice, and she spends the rest of the story trying to resist, while Tahsh is fighting to keep her life, discover the murderer of the king, and find Marna.

Good thing Dee is with Marna trying to keep her true to the light, and Kane and Geisha join Tahsh in the investigation. :D

(Dee had stayed with Jonathan as a slave, but he has enough of it and helps save Marna in the end.)

Believe it or not, that is a very condensed version of the story. :D
  8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, the good news is that every single active member of the Fanforce is also a fanficcer. We had one (Noelie) who was not, but then I sneakily tempted her and now she's rather awesome at it.
  9. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    :D That won't quite work with my husband. He has no head for creativity, though he is my 'evil' advisor. Meaning, he helps me get into the heads of my evil characters. I'm not calling my husband evil, but he does understand the minds of the dark ones. :D

Oh, wait. You said every single (aka not married) active member is a fan fic writer. :D

It's late right now. I'm tired. When I get tired, I get silly, and part of that is being very literal. One of my quirks. :p

I gotta kill some birthday balloons. They keep floating in front of the monitor. The kid they were for is only 2 and not home right now, so I don't think he would notice if I popped his balloons. [face_devil]
  10. Noelie Jedi Master

star 4
    If you come to activities you find that the subject often turns to plot bunnies :) You sort of just end up getting into it somehow. Ish just made a mary sue for me and the rest is history.

Welcome to the group!
  11. Marna_Veign Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks. I will see if I can come to any of the activities, when they come up. Even if things turn to plot bunnies, Jediloren is still not a writer. He has the head for details, but is not able to put them together in a way that flows or sounds good. That's why he's my advisor in my writings. :D
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby