main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Allow me to introduce myself.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Rebel Rouser, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Rouser

Rebel Rouser Jedi Padawan

May 17, 2018
    My name is Josh, I've been a Star Wars fan as far back as I can remember. I like all of the Star Wars movies, especially the Original Trillogy. I've only been foruming for a year or so. Before then, when I had time and money, I would build Star Wars models and dioramas. Now I'm afraid that is a thing of the past. I first started foruming, when TFA released, I wanted to discuss the movie without hearing nit picking and negativity. I joined a forum. There I met a woman, and we had become good friends. We had met in real life, and began a relationship together. Some things had happend words were exchanged, and she was banned from that site. Which really upset her and myself, because she had done nothing wrong, her bannishment was purely political. At that point I had told the mods that I wanted nothing to do at all with politics. A few months had passed, and my friend decided to create a proxy, to get back on, against my advise. Well eventually she was discovered, and I was banned for aiding and ebetting. Simply for not notifying the mods of her presence. Of course it didn't help comparing them to Saw Garrara and Borr Gullet. I tried some Facebook groups, but they were either a vitriolic troll pit, or they were on the other extreme of being resentful to anyone with a opposing opinion. So this is where I find myself. I'm an easy man to get along with. I may be a Rebel, but I'm no trouble maker. I say all of this to lay my cards on the table and let you know my experiences.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Good news for you my friend politics are banned outside of most threads. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience on other Star Wars Forums. There are plenty of people here with a varied amount of opinions, but we all get along (most of the time anyway) I hope to see you stick around. If at any point in your experience here you think someone is being disrespectful to you you can always bring it up with a mod.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I stay out of politics altogether in the forum. I've had my share of issues between other forumers once in awhile, but those stemmed from SW themed subjects mostly; like Ahsoka, for instance. If I really got into politics (which are found in the Community threads), I'd probably get into quarrels with far more people than I'd like to and would wind up being banned here. I want to come into the JCF and look forward to talking with friendly people. I'll save my politics for the comments sections of online news articles.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So yea, I would recommend that if you want to avoid any of that discussion you should be careful where you step in the Jedi Council Community Section. Other then that I say have fun!

Ahsoka's Tano and Rebel Rouser like this.
  5. Rebel Rouser

May 17, 2018
    Im not sour about it, I just find it funny because I'm not a difficult person. I just want to discuss my favorite movie franchise. There are a lot of messages and subtle character developments, that I may not be aware of. I think the new trillogy has a lot of subtleties that many don't pick up on including myself. I always listen to reason.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyway if you ever have any questions about how the forum works feel free to ask them.

Rebel Rouser likes this.
  7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Im a Rebel but not a trouble maker, I get where you are coming from. Used to be part of another board that like that, and so not necessary. We love SW and that's why we are here. ;) Welcome.

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello and welcome to JCF. :)

Rebel Rouser likes this.
  9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That’s quite a tale. Fortunately the staff here keeps the political drama under control. :)

Rebel Rouser and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  10. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there Josh and welcome to the forums; I hope you will enjoy it here :)

Rebel Rouser likes this.
  11. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    If you had led with this, you would have begun in legendary fashion:

All the same-welcome aboard

12. Rebel Rouser

May 17, 2018
    Lol that's exactly what I was referencing.

teamhansolo and firesaber like this.
  13. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    Welcome to JCF! [face_love] I hope you enjoy yourself here and find the place that suits you best! :D

teamhansolo and Rebel Rouser like this.
  14. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Welcome to the boards, @Rebel Rouser . This is a great place to talk anything and everything Star Wars.

Rebel Rouser likes this.
  15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Sorry I am a bit late to the party, but welcome to the forums!!!!!

Rebel Rouser likes this.
  16. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    I assure you that you won't have to deal with the same troubles here.:)
    Welcome to the forums!!

17. Rebel Rouser

May 17, 2018
    Yeah that girl was the source of the problems. Come to find out she is very manipulative. She fooled me. She was banned from here too. Come to find out. Lol. So yeah. I was going to throw out a name, but naa, doesn't matter.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Prime Jedi likes this.
  18. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Heya, welcome to these forums! :) (...I know nothing about other Star Wars forums or politics threads or anything, so I got nothing to say ;)) Hope you have a great experience with this one :)

19. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  20. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Welcome Josh!

21. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018