main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Allstate Arena....question, BIG question

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by WindexedStormtrooper, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Has anybody been to the Allstate Arena (formerly know as the Rosemont Horizon to you and me)?? I heard a nasty, nasty rumor that they in fact do NOT allow tailgating there. Is this true?? I find it hard to believe, but for all I know it's true. Any help would be appreciated, any feedback; useful. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Worried Sick

2. madchimp

madchimp Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    No clue---but for what it's worth, I've NEVER seen anyone ever do it. It sounds like something that Rosemont wouldn't allow---mainly because they couldn't get a cut of revenue on it!

Rich

3. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    They are pretty efficient in packing the cars in there for events, so I wouldn't be surprised. They pretty much want you to park your car and immediately go inseide to buy over priced beverages and food.

4. podracerdave

podracerdave Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2002
    Yeah, I've never seen it done as well...I'm pretty sure it's not allowed.

5. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    The last time I was at the Rosemont Horrizon. I paid $16 to see Pink Floyd. Now they want 50 - 70 bucks for the same seat!! Forget it!!

6. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    The only time I was taigating there was last year for the Wolves but WCKG was sponsoring it.

7. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't know for sure, but I would say no tailgating allowed. Have never, ever seen it - which leads me to believe they don't want it for security reasons.

And lack of revenue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.