main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Allure of the Dark-TPM to ROTS AU with Dooku, Obi-Wan, Anakin- Update 3/15!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tangled_sphere, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Title: Allure of the Dark

Author: tangled_sphere

Characters: Obi-Wan, Count Dooku, Anakin.

Summary: Chronicles the fall of Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi.

PM List Please let me know if you want to be added or taken off. Thanks!

Ani-maniac
    AP4EVER Star_Drifter
    princess_of_naboo

Notes: This story, has been awhile in coming to me. I hope you will join me on this journey. I know the premise is dark, but I hope it will be interesting! Thanks for clicking, and peeking in! Comments and suggestions or even a --:)-- is greatly, greatly appreciated!

Chapter 1

The heat of the flames flickered from the pyre, moving in rhythmic hypnotic waves that made Obi-Wan's eyes burn. They were not tears of sadness, only of complete numbness and smoke. That could not be his mentor there beneath the waves of fire, could not be his body that was consumed, bit by bit to ashes. Obi-Wan stood still, not a muscle moved during the solemn Jedi ceremony. He glanced at the young boy who Qui-Gon entrusted to him, and his young eyes seemed obscured by the intensity of the light and the darkness of the ritual. He could make out no emotion coming from the young boy, only despair and unreality..

He would take the boy and train him as Qui-Gon's dying wish. With or without the approval of the Council. And he would do it on his own. He was ready, and Qui-Gon himself wanted to make him a Knight. Destroying the Sith was only proof of his readiness.

Mace moved over to him, but Obi-Wan did not wish for companionship right now. Qui-Gon was dead, and he felt, knew that he could have prevented this tragic death. He knew deep inside, despite the reassurances of the Council, despite what he knew Qui-Gon himself would say. If he were alive, Obi-Wan thought bitterly.

The moments, the movements, his fall from the ledge, everything about the duel moved through his mind at lightening speed and would not let him sleep. Only by sheer will, did he keep the memories at bay. Destroying his Master's killer did little to assuage the pain.

"Obi-Wan," Mace said, "I am so sorry, my friend." A hand came down upon his back. He felt grateful, and yet, he still wanted to be alone. Wanted to contemplate his future, and the training of Anakin. So much weight right now, too heavy to speak.

Mace seemed to sense his inner struggle, and moved away. "If you need to talk, Obi-Wan..."

Obi-Wan nodded. The flames were dying down, but they would burn throughout the night, the smoke billowing out to the universe to celebrate the beautiful spirit that was Qui-Gon. But Obi-Wan could not move, could not take his eyes off the place that used to be his Master, his guidance, his strength.

As the chamber emptied, Obi-Wan knelt before the pyre. "I will miss you, my Master..."

He jumped as he heard a deep voice behind him. "And he will ever be with you, young one." Obi-Wan turned to see a familiar face. Count Dooku had come to pay his respect. Though he had left the Jedi, he still was in close contact, always paying his respects to both the Council and the Republic. Though he had never spoken directly to Dooku, Qui-Gon had spoken of him fondly, and had met with him frequently in other sectors.

Obi-Wan stood awkwardly and turned towards the Count. "I don't think so, with all respect."

Dooku raised a brow. "You think this is it, Obi-Wan? All that is and nothing more?"

Obi-Wan knew this wasn't the answer expected from a Jedi and silenced himself. "I don't know what to think." He turned back to the pyre, and Dooku moved beside him.

"Just like your Master, to think for yourself. Indeed, you are not alone to question the Jedi thoughts on death and the beyond." Dooku looked tho

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi!! [face_love] Mush from the Count!! [face_dancing]

Poor Obi :( he feels so guilty and unsure. Liked how Mace said he would talk if ever Obi wanted too.

Great work! :D

3. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    So what do you mean by the fall of obi wan his death or to the dark side?

4. Krayus_Korianis

Krayus_Korianis Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    WOW AWESOME.......I really liked that, will you keep me updated please?

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Curious. [face_thinking] Dookus in it? [face_plain] You mean I have to see Kyn salivate each time I read and reply? :rolleyes: Look forward to seeing what you're doing with this.

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I was so excited to see this. Reading the summary alone made me anxious to dive in to another wonderful, stirring piece from such a talented author.

Obi-Wan's reaction to Qui-Gon's death and cremation was so sad, even though he seemed, at the surface, not to feel much of anything. It's very understandable that he would think there was nothing beyond death, despite his Jedi training on the subject. And the addition of Dooku was quite a welcome one.

I can't wait for more! =D= Great job!

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Awww, Dooku's sad. Poor guy. :p So Obi-Wan's going dark? [face_dancing] :D

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The moments, the movements, his fall from the ledge, everything about the duel moved through his mind at lightening speed and would not let him sleep. Only by sheer will, did he keep the memories at bay. Destroying his Master's killer did little to assuage the pain.

This sounds like a desperate, hopeless young man who will try anything to make the pain go away... :D and a former Jedi who is all to willing to help him down a very dark path to do so...

:D More,please! [face_batting]

9. whie_dreams

whie_dreams Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2005
    Did someone say Dark Obi? [face_mischief] Very curious about where this is going.

10. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Oooo... dark Obi!!! :D :D :D :D

I can't wait! [face_mischief]

I very much look forward to finding out where this will go! It seems that Obi may turn for the same reason as Anakin... despair. Absolutely wonderful beginning. It was beautifully written, and I really enjoyed it!

Could you please PM me when you update? [face_praying]

Thank you! [:D]

Ani-maniac

11. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    I was a bit confused, but its cleared up now.

So youll be posting under tangled_sphere, cool!

I've told you how much I've loved this beginning..

and I can't wait to see what will happen. :D

Good stuff!

12. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Oooh, Dark Obi with tangled_sphere writing. Gets out popcorn and cliff-hanging gear and settles in for a fantastic fic. :D

Wonderful start.

13. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks for allowing me to torture...errr.. I mean entertain you of course! [face_batting] [face_skull]

And thanks for taking this journey with me! [:D]

Kyn [face_love]

MWUAHAHAHAHA! Dooku may have some ulterior motives [face_mischief]

Master Jedi Singh

To the Dark Side [face_batting] My muse has not dictated his death...yet [face_skull] Thanks for reading @};-

Krayus

You got it! :D @};-

o_e

There will be mops at the entrance just for you [face_mischief]

LE

Oh, thanks for peeking in! [:D]

Jade

A woman after my own heart [face_love]

Star Drifter

This sounds like a desperate, hopeless young man who will try anything to make the pain go away... and a former Jedi who is all to willing to help him down a very dark path to do so...

I love that description! :D

whie dreams

Dark Dark Dark! :D Thanks for stopping in! [face_love]

Ani maniac

Thank you so much for reading...despair :_| You are so right [face_worried]

JOINME

Don't mind me 8-} Thanks so much for following me over [face_love]

Noi

Welcome! :D Free Popcorn! [face_batting]

Must think of other bribes [face_thinking] [face_skull]

14. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Chapter Two

As the full moon rose over Coruscant, a hazy red mist obscured the light, and brought the world below to shadow. Most likely another storm was coming in. But Obi-Wan only welcomed the overcast illumination that guided his steps. Tomorrow he would be knighted, and he felt, that Qui-Gon would want him to do this task that had come so strongly to him during his evening meditations.

Finally asleep for the evening, Anakin had clung to him ever since Qui-Gon's death. He felt like a charlatan giving the boy the usual platitudes that he himself did not believe. But he heard the words come from his mouth, and he was grateful that they were there to fill in the painful silences.

Count Dooku was staying on his sail-barge, more likely it was tailored to him more than the austere facilities of the Temple. The fact that he was so highly regarded despite his leaving the order, made all the stories of his past come to life. The battles he had fought for freedoms, the countless lives he had saved with his exquisite fighting form, and most importantly, the love Qui-Gon had for his former Master, made the former Jedi's presence at the temple all the more intriguing. He had seen Dooku as a youngling at Qui-Gon's side, though Obi-Wan had always kept his distance, in awe of this larger than life persona. And he knew back then, that Dooku would not so much as glance at someone so insignificant as himself.

That was about to change.

The drizzle had started already as Obi-Wan made his way across the platform. The drops moved across his face and robes, but he hardly noticed as he knocked on the ship's entrance hatch. It opened slowly, as Obi-Wan moved away down the ramp to avoid the metal gratings that were coming at him. He heard a familiar voice coming from the warmly lighted interior.

"Obi-Wan, come in." The voice was both resonant and deep. Perhaps that was the way of speaking on his home world of Serenno? But it gave a cultured effect, even in the dead of night, here on the landing platform. Obi-Wan entered, ducking down before the entrance, to see the Count sitting back in the pilot's seat, enjoying a drink and from the appearance of it, reading about the outward wars that had begun along the trade routes.

"Welcome, my young friend," Dooku motioned for the co-pilot's seat. There was no question as to why he was here, it was almost as though the former Jedi expected him. "A drink?" When Obi-Wan nodded, he soon found a cold, lightly mixed drink in his hand. He shivered at the drops of rain that still dripped off his face and hands. But the drink warmed his insides, and made him relax. "So," Dooku continued. "Tomorrow you will be Knighted. My congratulations to you, and I know Qui-Gon would be very proud." Dooku took another sip of his drink, as if contemplating a distant memory. "It seems like only yesterday, that I made Qui-Gon a Knight. One of the best days of my life, seeing him a full Jedi." The talk of Qui-Gon made Obi-Wan sink deeper into himself. Dooku suddenly looked up, a frown of concern on his face. "Forgive me, Obi-Wan. Memories are sometimes all we have to keep us going."

Obi-Wan gazed into his cup for a moment, and finally spoke in the silence that ensued. "I came tonight, because I wanted you to be at the ceremony." He risked a glance up, "And...Qui-Gon would want it."

Dooku's eyes turned wide at the request. "I fear I have overstayed my welcome in the Temple, Obi-Wan. I would be honored to do so, would the Jedi let me into those inner halls. My resignation from the Jedi has stepped on more than a few toes."

Obi-Wan looked into those refined eyes, he felt sure that someone of his prestige could not step on any toes. He repeated his entreaty, perhaps more forcibly this time. "I request your presence tomorrow." He felt the echo of the word, 'I' bounce off the cockpit walls. He bowed his head, and waited for the response.

Dooku smiled, "My former Master Yoda granting, I will be there, my friend." He held up his glass, "to your fut

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww how sweet of Obi to ask for Dooku to be at the ceremony! [face_laugh] Ahhh indeed it has 'stepped' on many toes! [face_mischief] His leaving was a slap to the Order, but they deserved what they got! As Sidious stated...their arrogance has blinded them. ;)

Great update! :D

16. Krayus_Korianis

Krayus_Korianis Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    I really like Obi-Wan and Dooku, and it warms my heart to see them talking together and not swinging sabers.

Keep me updated :D

17. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    I really liked this update :) It's good to see Obi-Wan and Dooku bonding during such a major transition, both bitter and sweet, in Obi-Wan's life.

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Stirring up trouble and playing on Obi's emotions. :mad: Bad Dooku! [face_shame_on_you]

19. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I don't like Dooku being around when Obi-Wan is still grieving and vulnerable.

20. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    This is shaping up to be an awesome fic. Can't wait for more. Keep up the good work.

Katana

21. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Very interesting premise. I love the way you are building the relationship btw Obiwan and Dooku right now

22. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Master_Noi posted:

I don't like Dooku being around when Obi-Wan is still grieving and vulnerable.

Lol! *serious not to be messed with voice*

Yes, we must protect our sweet Obi-Wan. [face_love] Bad Dooku.. [face_shame_on_you]

;)

Although he han't really shown reason to be called bad yet. I feel as though he is going to subtley manipulate Obi-Wan over to the dark side..although the prospect of dark Obi is very exciting! [face_dancing]

that was so sweet how Obi-Wan wants him there..

Can't wait for the next post. :D [face_love]

23. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Finally asleep for the evening, Anakin had clung to him ever since Qui-Gon's death. He felt like a charlatan giving the boy the usual platitudes that he himself did not believe. But he heard the words come from his mouth, and he was grateful that they were there to fill in the painful silences.

That is enough to send chills down your spine when you think of it: "platitudes that he himself did not believe."

How can you teach what you do not believe? [face_thinking]

This very desperate young man is in trouble... [face_worried]

With that said, more, please! [face_batting]

24. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    You know, for some reason, I don't trust the Count... ;)

Woderful post!

Could you please PM me when you update!

Thank you! [:D]

Ani-maniac

25. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thank you for reading and sorry this has been on hiatus. I've been wanting to write Dooku and Obi-Wan again and since I have internet, and I can't wait to get back into it. These are two of my favorite characters, and having them talk and not duel, is just too much fun to pass up. Hope you enjoy the journey!

Kyn

Dooku is not going to get a welcome, and this will be difficult ;)

Krayus Korianus

I think that Obi-Wan is going to be drawn to the former Jedi [face_devil]

jpauln

That is a good way of putting it, both bitter and sweet. I think they just may need each other. [face_whistling]

o_e

[face_devil] Poor Obi-Wan, he'll just need some comforting [face_whistling]

Master Noi

You are not alone in this feeling! O:)

If only Obi-Wan would...listen [face_devil]

Jedi Katana

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy :)

aldocassidy

More bonding to come :D

JOINME

'Subtly manipulate' Oh, yes! And dark Obi is to come. And of course Dooku thinks he has the boy's best interests at heart. Thanks for reading!

Star Drifter

This very desperate young man is in trouble... Most definitely! [face_whistling] Hope you enjoy the next :)

Ani-maniac

I don't trust the Count Now if only Obi-Wan could see clearly right now [face_devil] Thank you so much for reading :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.