Alman's Midis

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by Jedi_Alman, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Alman Jedi Master

star 4
    I did these quite some time ago just for fun. I wrote some themes for Star Wars Characters and scored one scene from Star by Star. All of them are midi files, so they sound like video game music. Give them a listen if you like, my site can be found here.
  2. Dante_Glass Force Ghost

star 4
    wow dude thats some pretty amazing stuff.
  3. Jedi_Alman Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you kindly.

I actually started writing these midis about a year and a half ago, back when I came to the boards a lot. Back then I just had to put my threads on the film music board.

I was upset when I found this board. You youg'ns have it so good :p

Glad to have it now though :D
  4. MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I exceeded your bandwidth before I could hear them all. Will try again tomorrow. :(
  5. Jedi_Alman Jedi Master

star 4
    That's the bad thing about hosting music files on Geocities...that and the 15 MB size limit.
  6. CeeWulf Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Alman, how are things?

Listened to the first two, but geocities wouldn't let me listen to the other two. They were good, looking forward to catching that last ones, though.
  7. Jedi_Alman Jedi Master

star 4
    Good to see you again, CeeWulf. It's been a long time.

If anyone wants to download my midis but the bandwidth is exceeded, just send me an IM via MSN or AIM and I can get them to you that way.

I have one more that I guess I could put up for download. There was a project going on on the fanfilm board last year that was planning to animate the YJK series. The project eventually fell through, but I was on board to write the music for the cartoon. I wrote the opening theme for it. Problem was, I just never got the music to sound the way I wanted it to. It just doesn't flow...it doesn't sound like Star Wars material. It wound up just sounding like any old cartoon music. If anyone wants to hear it anyway, I suppose I could put up the midi version of it.
  8. MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 5
  9. Jedi_Alman Jedi Master

star 4
    I can do that then.

BTW, I'm working on another piece right now, and I've decided to upgrade my soundfonts. Does anyone know a good source of .sf2 files? I already have sfpack and sfark.
  10. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice MIDIs, Alman. I especially like the MIDI for Anakin's death. The heroic trumpet/timpani part midway through is just awesome.

The MP3s sound like they were recorded with the standard Microsoft synthesizer. The Merlin soundfonts are quite a bit better than the Microsoft synth. You can download them here:

http://onefreehost.com/saxguru/Timidity.html
  11. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Hey Jedi_Alman! Long time no see!

There are a ton of resources for soundfonts out there. You can try out HammerSound. Of course, you could always do a Google search for: download sounfonts. I pulled up hundreds of different options.

I'll try downloading some of your stuff soon. Keep up the good work!
  12. Jedi_Alman Jedi Master

star 4
    I actually did find several very, very nice sound fonts, Merlin being one of them. Now I cannot stand to listen to those MP3s the way they are recorded. The soundfonts sound so much better. I rerendered Tahiri's Theme, but I lost the MIDI files of Jacen's Theme and Anakin and Tahiri's Theme, so I can't rerender them.

I did rerender What Is Lost, but, again, it would be too big to put up on that website.

I haven't really been working on music recently. I do have one piece started, but I'm not too far into it...I'm not even exactly sure what it is for. I'm just writing.

I'm glad that you all like my work though :)

Elan, yes, good to see you again. I wish that cartoon had gotten off the ground, I was looking forward to it. I am a bit ashamed of the theme I wrote for it though, it was pitiful.

Anyway, if I get anything else written, I'll be sure to post about it here. The thing is, the NJO sort of killed my love of SW lit, and with it a great deal of my love of SW itself. So I find it hard to keep an interest in writing SW music. Whatn I enjoyed, though, was scoring that scene that I did, so I may do that again. You may have noticed in listening to that piece that I incorporated the themes for Tahiri, Jacen and Jaina into it, plus a motif for the Yuuzhan Vong and for Anakin. In that, I was trying to follow John William's style. So if I can find a good scene with those characters, maybe I'll try to score it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.