main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Almost 8mths later: has your opinion on AOTC changed?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by YodaYodaBinks, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaYodaBinks

YodaYodaBinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    Me, I admire the film's nuances and connection to the overall saga with every viewing. It's simply a rollicking, wallop of fun.

Episode III can't be here soon enough!

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I agree.

Initial AOTC reaction: Best SW movie ever.

Current AOTC opinion: Best SW movie ever.

3. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    My opinion has changed slightly. When I first saw AOTC I thought it was awesome, but then I thought I was probably just shell shocked from all the effects and battles and that I would not like it as much later on just like with TPM. I was wrong, now that I have watched it and watched it, I see that it truly is a good SW movie and it will hold its own IMO forever. I love that movie, whereas at this time I began to see all of TPM's faults and it hit me that it wasn't that great of a movie.

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Hmm.

I enjoyed it a lot at the cinema, but as time has gone on I do think I appreciate it more now. Several topics here have expanded my understanding and knowledge about AOTC, so I feel the only change for me is that I love it a little bit more these days :)

5. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I love it now as much as I loved it 8 months ago.

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Nope, I still love it just as much! :D

7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I like it more now than I did when I watched it for the first time! :D

8. Destined-to-Fall

Destined-to-Fall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Reaction when I first saw Episode II: I can't breath...I can't breath!!
    Reaction after 8 months: I still can't breath! (there must be something wrong with me)

No honestly, my love for Episode II has only grown. It's actully an obsession. Ridiculous I know, but there is just something about it that I can't get enough of. I think time has only made it better. Episode II has really shown me to Star Wars.

Chosen to Rise - Destined to Fall
    The Last Encounter

9. BoxOfficeMan

BoxOfficeMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2002
    When it first came out, much like TPM, I thought it was the cat's meow. Now I view it as an tremendous disapoint only validated by the Tatooine scenes and Yoda's Lightsaber.

10. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    If anything I appreciate it more now that I have my DVD and can watch and stop and rewind and pause..and it has even given me a deeper appreciation for TPM. I actually sat down and watched them back to back..was a wonderful thing :)
    course now my only thoughts are I WANT MY EPI III(already on dvd of course)..along with my OT and watch the whole saga from begining to end *sigh*

11. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I love AOTC more than ever -- it's also my favourite Star Wars film.

-- Dale

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Nope, it's still my faveourite Star Wars film, but the Droid factory scene isn't bugging me as much as it used to.

I still hate C-3PO in this one.

13. Darth-KrayzieBone

Darth-KrayzieBone Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2001
    It has increased since the arrival of the DVD. I still hold it in high regard.

14. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I still love it just as much as I always did. :D

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    This is probably going to sound exactly like about a million others in this thread ;), but yeah, I still dig it, even now. Watched it just last week, and I was personally amazed at how much I began to immerse myself in the movie; I wasn't able to do that do some degree with The Phantom Menace at first. What occurs in this film (and in the last one, as well) makes the original trilogy resonate for me ever so slightly moreso; and Christopher Lee just makes the whole movie for me.

And now, I've started to enjoy TPM more since I've seen AOTC, as I now have a better understanding of how much of an influence Qui-Gon Jinn has upon both trilogies, from Count Dooku to Obi-Wan Kenobi to Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker. Amazing stuff.

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I actually like it more than I used to.

17. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    I'm glad most of you seem to feel positive about AOTC :)

18. fitza

fitza Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I agree with most on this one. AOTC is just as good...no,better now than it was back in May in my eyes.
    I also believe that the Phantom Menace is a far greater film now than it was in April, simply because we have further progression on everyones storyline.

19. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002

Watched the video again, and I'm still enthralled. And with every viewing, I see something I haven't seen before, learn something I didn't know before, notice things I haven't noticed before.... although I still wish I will see the day when I will find the darned Shaak in the asteroid field! LOL.

But seriously, my opinion hasn't changed much, really. AOTC is still great! :)

20. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Nope, my opinion hasn't changed. I still like it.

21. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    although I still wish I will see the day when I will find the darned Shaak in the asteroid field! LOL.

Look for it just after Slave-1 exits the astroid tunnel. The ship swoops up and to the right, and the astroid-shaak is right in the middle of the screen. Watch closely as it rotates and you'll see the legs sticking out just before the shot cuts to Obi-Wan's Jedi fighter. Actually, the legs are the only way you can tell it's the shaak because it just looks like an astroid otherwise.

22. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Grilled Sarlacc posted pictures of it somewhere....

23. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I thought it was the best SW film I had seen. Now in 2003, I can say it was my favourite film for that year. :)

24. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I loved AOTC the first time I saw it, the other seven times I saw it in the theater, and the countless times I've watched the DVD. It's the best SW film since ESB.

25. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    My love for Attack of the Clones has only grown with time!

After I first was it in theatres I was like "cool!" but now I'm mesmerised by every moment of it!

Best film of the year, the most fun film in some time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.