main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Almost 8mths later: has your opinion on AOTC changed?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by YodaYodaBinks, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    This is our "gusher" logic:

Premise 1: You didn't like Episode 1. Written and Directed by George Lucas.
    Premise 2: You didn't like Episode 2. Written and Directed by George Lucas.
    Conclusion: You won't like Episode 3. Written and Directed by George Lucas.

Now, obviously this is not completely sound, there are other factors which come into play such as the subject matter, scope, co-writer, etc. However, I think it's pretty reasonable for some of us to make the connection that those who did not like Ep1 and Ep2 will not like Ep3. IMO Ep2 was an improvement on TPM so if you agree with me, and go by the logic that Ep3 will be an improvement on AOTC, then you might like Ep3. However, if you found nothing redeeming about the PT so far, then all signs point to you disliking Ep3.

2. ksid

ksid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    If I don't like the first two album by an artist, I probably won't like the third. If I don't like the first two videogames in a series, why should I bother to see the third one?

What if you liked the fourth, fifth and sixth album of an artist? Wouldn't you be waiting for the third one?

At least to fill your collection?

I'm neutral re: Ep III. But with low expectations.

If the cheap, cut and pastedness of AOTC and TPM is any indication.

3. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    What if you liked the fourth, fifth and sixth album of an artist? Wouldn't you be waiting for the third one?

At least to fill your collection?

I'm neutral re: Ep III. But with low expectations.

If the cheap, cut and pastedness of AOTC and TPM is any indication.

That's exactly what we're referring to. Though I completely disagree with you, it's 99.9% likely Ep3 will be the same way. It's got the same crew, same director, writers, and mostly the same cast. You like 4, 5, 6 but not 1 and 2. Well 3 will be a lot closer to 1 and 2 than 4, 5, and 6.

4. ksid

ksid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Well you don't know that, my friend :). It could be very similar to 1 & 2, and it could be very similar to 4,5 & 6.

You still didn't answer my question:

Would you go to complete your collection?

Yes or No.

5. stardreg

stardreg Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2002
    Well, when I first saw it, it was overwhelming, and always cool to see a movie in a really good theatre, but after I walked out, I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. I mean, the previous movies, excluding TPM, I knew immediately if I liked them.

I'm not a basher. At least I don't consider myself a basher. A basher is someone who says, "Star Wars sucks, why do you watch it, it's for nerds." That's a basher. I've never said anything like that.

I never, ever in my old age ever thought I would be unhappy with Star Wars. In fact, I defended Star Wars during its dry period, pointing out to people that ESB was the better of the OT, but now... Things have changed.

Yes, there are good points to the films, but they don't sparkle, nor transport me like the OT did.

I hope to enjoy the next one. If not, it's just a movie. Life goes on.

6. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Would you go to complete your collection?

Yes or No.

Well it's a different issue since album's can't be released as "prequels". What you're really asking is would I buy the 6th album if I liked 1,2, and 3, but not 4 and 5. The answer is maybe. I would listen to a few songs on the album on the radio beforehand. If I liked them, I'd buy the album. If not, I wouldn't buy it and having disliked the previous 2 albums I wouldn't consider myself a fan of that band anymore.

For me, it's not about completing collections. I only buy what I like.

7. scum&villainy

scum&villainy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Sophita:

To be fair, it's also a sensical question, IMO. If I don't like the first two album by an artist, I probably won't like the third. If I don't like the first two videogames in a series, why should I bother to see the third one?

That's not really an accurate analogy. Tell it like it is - I grew up with movies 4, 5 and 6 - they defined my childhood, they dominated my formative years, they gave birth to my imagination. Movie 1 disappointed me, and movie 2 had flaws.

foxbatkllr:

However, if you found nothing redeeming about the PT so far, then all signs point to you disliking Ep3

Of course there are redeeming features in the PT. The common misconception seems to be that those of us who find fault in the PT movies detest every second of both movies, and that's far from the truth.

I just think there are moments where they appear very poorly written films - this doesn't mean I loathe them.

8. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This may be the last SW movie ever. You have to be excited even if the Prequels don't match the originals. So how should we feel, well , AOTC beat TPM in my opinion and it will be topped by EP.III!! can't wait!

9. newjack

newjack Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2003
    Yes i enjoyed it the first couple times that I saw it but now its really seems like its just another blockbuster that i really have no desire to watch again for quite a while.There really is'nt anything great about this movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.