ALMOST - Qui/Obi - one memorable moment/DON FLAMEPROOF SUIT BEFORE ENTERING :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CYNICAL21, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    See, I have to disagree. I think that Qui-Gon did love Obi-Wan. Yes, he hurt his padawan, but it seems that he knows it. In my opinion, it's not so much that he doesn't love Obi-Wan as much as he doesn't know how to show it. To me, that's why Obi received the equivalent of "Get on the ship." Have you ever tried to tell someone you love him? It's one of the hardest things in the world, especially if you've never done it before. Again, this doesn't justify the action, just explain it. QGJ is afraid of being hurt, but that doesn't mean he can't love. He just can't show it very well.

Cyn, did you mean to imply that Qui-Gon abused Obi-Wan or that Dooku was abused? I hope it wasn't the former! :(
  2. CYNICAL21 Jedi Master

star 4
    TMJ - definitely the latter. And it might surprise you to know that I agree with you; I also think QG loved Obi-Wan, but - for some ungodly reason (Xanatos, maybe) could not express it - and Obi was the loser because of it.

However, though I feel he was overly harsh and demanding sometimes - and cold - I do NOT see him as abusive. Dooku, however, might have been a different story.

Maybe he also had a role to play in making Qui-Gon as emotionally bereft as he appears to have been.

CYN
  3. Darth_Tim Jedi Master

star 4
    See, I have to disagree. I think that Qui-Gon did love Obi-Wan. Yes, he hurt his padawan, but it seems that he knows it. In my opinion, it's not so much that he doesn't love Obi-Wan as much as he doesn't know how to show it. To me, that's why Obi received the equivalent of "Get on the ship." Have you ever tried to tell someone you love him? It's one of the hardest things in the world, especially if you've never done it before. Again, this doesn't justify the action, just explain it. QGJ is afraid of being hurt, but that doesn't mean he can't love. He just can't show it very well. >>

Thanks. You probably said it better than I could have...

-Tim

4. Darth_Tim Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe he also had a role to play in making Qui-Gon as emotionally bereft as he appears to have been.

CYN >>

THAT I could buy into...you could say that considering how his Master turned out, Qui wasn't all that bad! hehe... But yeah...he wasn't even at Qui's funeral (unless you are saying "GL hadn't invented Dooku yet.." LOL)

-Tim
  5. CYNICAL21 Jedi Master

star 4
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

It's all your fault, Tim - you just planted this huge, insistant hook in my mind, that demands to know, What if . . . . .

I do NOT have time to write another fic; I can't even find the time necessary to complete the next installment in Vignettes or the next chapter in Songs. So why is this new plot screaming in my head - demanding to be written?

It's just totally not fair!

CYN
  6. Darth_Tim Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, yes, I'm evil...LOL

-Tim
  7. TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha, you two are great. And I understand, Cyn. I never thought of Dooku not being at the funeral, and yes it's probably because he wasn't invented yet, but man am I getting some nasty little plot bunnies about that. Nasty in that I have no time to do them either. *sigh* Life as a SW fanfic writer is hard. (haha)

~Swede :p
  8. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey CYN, what goes around comes around.

:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.