main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Almost there....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I know that a lot of you are really hyped up about CII, but for those of us who can't go (my customer canceled on me, so I wont' be going now :(), I know you must realize, but I had to say....only 18 days till Episode II!...WAHOO! :D

I guess you can tell I'm starting to get a litlle excited.

P.S. To all that are not going to CII, maybe we should have our own R2Detroit Celebration I, watchya think? We could get the Frito-Lay chip guy as a guest speaker, or maybe the guy that put the Eisode II toys out at Toys R Us to MC?

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    That really sucks that you won't be able to make the trip,Scooby.

You're right though,with all the talk about CII,I hadn't even realized that it's now less than 20 days until Ep.II.

I tell you what,between calls to indy to verify reservations,and getting $$ together and everything else that's gone into this,I don't think Napoleon's invasion of Russia took this much planning!:)

3. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    The tension is building!:

"What Lucas has done," Knowles wrote about Episode II, "is to make a movie that is so relentlessly entertaining and thrilling, that there will be no movie this summer that can stand against it. This is it."

More goosebumps! :D

4. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I get the chills every times I think about it :) Now that there's so much Ep II in the media, whenever there's a special on ET or a news show at least two people in every class I have come to talk to me about it the next day - even if they just saw a commercial for AOTC. School is finally fun. :D

5. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I cant lie, Im not even thinking about episode 2 right now. My mind is completely filled with Celebration and Indianapolis.

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Thinkin Star Wars 24/7. Life is good.

7. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    15 days from the time of this posting (EST) until the 12:01 showing!

8. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I've got my tickets, do you have yours? Only 13 days to go folks!

9. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    12 days folks!

p.s. I guess this page has become my own private Idaho.

10. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    11days, almost to single digits!

11. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
  12. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    AHHHHH! My stomach is in knots already! I can't wait!!! Now that CII is behind us ( :( ) my excitement for the movie is growing by leaps and bounds! From everything I've seen, AOTC could surpass ESB as my favorite of the five movies! Can't wait to know if my initial impressions are correct.

Regards,
    M.

13. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    The hype has really begun! I have read numerous reviews and have not run accross a single negative one! :D I remember the initial reviews for TPM and they were less than inspiring. I am truly beginning to lose sleep over this movie!

14. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    You should have seen some of the eye-popping trailers and specials we saw at Celebration.I thought the damn back of my head was gonna blow out after the `Spider-man'/Yoda trailer!:)

15. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    BTW Spiderman is excellent. Sam Raimi did an outstanding job in sticking to the story. The movie made $114 million over the weekend (the first movie to break $100 million). That's okay I think AOTC is going to surpass that!

16. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I have faith that it will do well for opening weekend.

However, that said...who's up for an early afternoon showing (if it's still possible to get tickets) and an evening showing in addition to midnight?

I guess I should add that anything after a 7:30pm start is too late for me (since I have to work Friday morning)...

17. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm in for a Thursday any time after 5:00.

18. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I'd love to, but I think my wife would have my head. I'm gonna have to take her and the rugrats to see it on Friday (Hopefully at the drive-in). I fully expect to see it at least 3 times before the end of the weekend!

19. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    I'm up for it, THD! I'm taking next Thursday off work so that A) I can stay up and discuss the movie with anyone after the midnight showing and B) go see it at least one or two more times on Thursday if any tickets are available.

Maybe we should spread it out to another theater? Anyone else who wants to go, we should narrow down when and where really quickly!

M.

20. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Well, I checked the web site & called the movie line @ Star Great Lakes last night...and so far, there are no internet or phone options to buy tickets.

I do know that some other people here are going to see it in Birmingham at the Palladium...but I don't know if that's for midnight or for the 1st show of the day (no one has said yet, hint hint).

So...where 'bouts would we like to see the other viewings? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? :)

21. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    We are down to single digits!! 9 days to go! :D

22. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I'm back!! and I haven't forgotten the countdown! 4days from right now! :D

23. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    49 hours from now, folks, and a large number of us will be getting to the theatre to commence the festivities!!! :D :cool: A good time will be had by all, followed by what we all have been waiting for!!! Isn't this exciting! :D I have just read another review that says the movie is "spectacular"! I don't think I will be sleeping much Tuesday night, h*ll, I probably won't be sleeping much tonight!

24. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    I can't believe it's come down to a matter of mere hours! :)

I probably won't sleep much Tuesday night either.Which could be bad,since I know I won't be sleeping Wednesday night.then again,I haven't slept much since May 1,so what's the difference? :)As long as I have a steady supply of caffeine and SW,I'll be fine!

See you all then!

25. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    26 hours until the previews are showing! I'm having trouble sleeping! I hope that I'm not worn out, and fall asleep in the theatre. ;) Figure the odds! See ya'all at the theatre! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.