main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Alone in a Secret--Padme/Sola post-AOTC AU moment--Vignette 95

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Note: THis is 5 months post-AOTC.
    It was the first time since the war began that she had been able to slip away from Coruscant.

Well, perhaps that wasn't the right word for it. The moment that the two-week recess of the Senate had been finalized in order to give the new Senators training and time to adapt, she had put in for a leave of absence and fled.

Captain Tanaka had not particularly approved of the entire enterprise. It probably had not helped matters that she had given him the impression that she was still on-planet, in a meeting and fully intending to let him hover over her. She had politely called to give him evidence to the contrary twenty seconds before she made the jump to hyperspace.

It hadn't occurred to her how lonely escape could be.

She hadn't remembered that the last time she had returned to Naboo, she had been able to escape the emptiness of hyperspace with the man who had shyly, tenderly asked for her hand in marriage across the space between medcenter beds.

"You should have arranged for your Jedi protector to come along," was Sola's sage advice, accompanied by the same viciously playful smile that came with all of her teasing.

"Please," Padme scoffed from where she was sprawled on her bed, head resting in Sola?s lap. "Even if I wanted that kind of company, most of the Jedi are fighting a war. They wouldn't bother with a trouble-making Senator."

Sola poked her hard in the ribs. "I know of at least one who would come to your aid."

She didn't want a Jedi. She wanted her husband to forget that he needed to be a Jedi, that he was the Hero with No Fear and come home to her.

Three months had passed since the start of the war and she was lucky if she got one hastily penned, heartfelt letter per week.

She said nothing by way of response, only made a point of looking indifferently at the coverlet on her bed, but Sola let out a triumphant giggle.

"I know you think you've got a sabacc face, Senator Amidala," she said smugly, "but you just turned the most fetching shade of crimson."

Padme glowered. "Where are those kids of yours when I need a distraction?"

"With their doting grandmother," Sola sighed. "Mom knows that I need to interrogate you."

"Interrogate me?" Padme repeated innocently.

"Well," Sola reminded as she ticked off the points on her fingers, "it's been six months since you visited, we heard about Geonosis from the Holonet..."

"I was sedated," Padme protested. "I couldn't exactly fire off a communiqué."

"You came to Naboo for a full three weeks after Geonosis and we found out from the spaceport authority..."

"For security reasons," Padme countered.

"And for the three months since, you've sent an official report to your staff and family detailing your schedule once a week," Sola finished. "Of course I have to interrogate you!"

There was no way to explain that she had to keep her emotions in check for fear that she would actually blurt out everything.

"I've been busy..." she apologized lamely.

Something of the myriad feelings that had been pounding through her heart must have leaked into her voice because she heard Sola's jaw click shut. When she looked up to find out what had finally left her sister speechless, she found Sola regarding her as if she no longer knew her.

Not surprising, since she wasn't sure she knew herself any more.

"What happened to you at Geonosis?"

I woke up to my ability to be mortal, to be in love, to be undiplomatic.

"It has nothing to do with Geonosis," she lied. "It's this war."

It's the fact that I don't know if I'll miss the call while I sleep that tells me that my husband is dead. It's the fact that it might happen at any moment and no one would think to tell me.

Sola's hand, trembling either from fear or hesitation, entwined itself in her hair, loosed from its coils to spread across her lap.

"Talk to me," she pleaded.

"I don't talk to anyone," Padme muttered, more to herself than anyone.

"I know," Sola lame

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved it, great job DarthIshtar=D=. I'm glad that Padmé Confessed to Sola, I hope that will help.

3. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    absolutely heart wrenching, and written perfectly. pm me if you add more to the story.

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks to the both of you. Confession is good for the soul and this is actually inspired by an AU element that I put in the original draft of Lest Ye Be Judged.

5. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I like it! Will there be more?

6. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Aww... I'm glad Padme talked to Sola. I was always upset that her family didn't know she was pregnant. Great job fixing that for me!

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    There might be more. I'm not sure yet. And Luna, glad you liked fixing that thing, even though this is well before the time of ROTS so obviously not canon. :)

8. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    it was a lovely Vig. Secrets-so hard to keep.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, hon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.