main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Alone in the Mountains~ Second Proverbs, Death Challenge- LOTF AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Mar 4, 2012.

1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Title: Alone in the Mountains
    Characters: Lon Shevu, Corran Horn, Jacen Solo (mentioned only)
    Genre: Drama/Tragedy
    Summary: GA Guard Captain Lon Shevu tries to save the life of a Jedi prisoner of the Guard.

31. We have no friends but the mountains. Kurdish proverb; Additional prompt of Jacen Solo
    * Death challenge draw: Corran Horn, death by starvation

Author's Note: This is my first attempt at the death challenge. I like the character Corran Horn- I've written an entire AU on Corran and his family after all. Just never thought I'd end up killing him.

[color=royalblue][i]We have no friends but the mountains. ~ Kurdish proverb[/i][/color]

In what seemed like another lifetime, one could say that the Jedi Knight Jacen Solo, a prominent scion of the Skywalker-Solo family, would never be able to conceive of the idea of torturing another being wantonly. He had even at one point been very reluctant to use the Force unless severely pressed to do so. But that had been many years ago and that young, idealistic man no longer existed.

That was not to say that he was really dead. His body still lived on- breathed, ate and slept, along with every other vital process of humanoid life. But when one looked into his eyes, they were struck by two things. First, the lively spark of life that had been there were gone. Any who now looked in his eyes now would say that they looked dead, utterly lacking in life. Second, they were an unnatural colour when he became angry. They turned to sulphuric yellow from their natural brown.

But it was his behaviour that had taken the marked turn for the worse. His men in the Galactic Alliance Guard, who were somewhat feared themselves, in many cases were severely disturbed by what they had seen him do in the pursuit of the insurrectionists against the GA. He had come on missions beside them and took part in everything they did- at first they appreciated it.

It was a sign that he cared for his men and was willing to be in the field with them as if he were an ordinary soldier. Just like his grandfather, Vader. He went to lengths beyond what a Jedi would deem appropriate to protect them and the state- the ends justified the means and any solution would be considered. Even the most amoral, the imprisonment and torture of a former instructor and colleague was to be considered.

Captain Lon Shevu saw this. He knew what Col. Solo was doing was wrong. Imprisoning a man for sedition and subversion was one thing, but starving and beating him for it was quite another. After the evacuation of Endor, the Galactic Alliance Guard had somehow managed to capture the Jedi Master Corran Horn.

Shevu had no idea how they had captured the wily Corellian or why. Remembering his time supervising young Ben Skywalker when he was in the GA, he knew that Jedi did what they did for good reasons- even if they weren?t reasons that he agreed with such as the training of children. Horn had to know what it was that he could be facing if he allowed himself to be captured and yet, he seemed to have allowed it to happen anyways.

And so he had been forced to watch helplessly as the Corellian was beaten daily and given barely enough food to live. He had little water too- just enough to hold on a little longer. And Shevu longed to do something about it but he couldn?t. One wrong move and he could end up sharing Horn?s fate.

But eventually, his conscience wouldn?t let him do nothing.

He would help the man escape.

Shevu waited to try his luck at helping the unfortunate Jedi Master until Colonel Solo went off on another Jedi hunting trip with the bulk of the guard not dedicated to security on Coruscant. He kept a look on the watch, made that his timing would be just so and concealed extra supplements to build up the starving man?s strength. It wouldn?t do if he were to expire before he was strong enough to escape.

He volunteered for late night duty a few times before he took advantage of two of his colleagues going on vacation to set to his work. That night, he began to smuggle in the vials and directions for adminis

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nice piece - I like the introspection and the way that Corran, in a strange way, is the parallel of Jacen. Only unlike Jacen, he has something worth dying for.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice piece and love how you write Corran and Shevu

4. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    I always thought that Corran and Jacen were very similar in a lot of ways and you really brought that feeling out in this work.

I loved what you did with this and you really made the ending heartbreaking especially for someone who loves Corran like I do.

Brava!

5. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Corran! [face_worried]

That fit wonderfully into LotF. :D I just finished rereading the series- it sort of surprises me that Jacen never targeted Corran. Not necessarily to arrest him, but to try to kick him off Coruscant or something in the early books before the Jedi left anyway. Maybe he knew it was a step too far with the Masters?

Also, Shevu + Corran- now THAT would be a force to be reckoned with. [face_mischief]

Well, if he had to die, I think you did a wonderful job of making it happen. ;)

=D=

6. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. I've been experimenting with introspection quite a bit lately- glad to see that it's affective. And yes, they are something of a parallel for each other before the Yuuzhan Vong War and Jacen's fall to the dark side. Aren't they?

7. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. Corran I write quite a little bit but Shevu, I've never tried before.

8. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. Glad that it all worked out. I'm really happy that I made it all work. Thanks for reading.

9. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. LOTF, the last series I really seriously read is full of potentials for interesting AUs. It is something of a surprise but then the way that the series was set up- it seemed to make sure that Corran and Jacen would never encounter each other. And yes, when he went a step too far with the Masters (i.e. murder of Mara, when they found out) it was beyond the last straw. That is an interesting idea, should I make that happen?

Thanks for reading.